Thread: moral low

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy moral low

With in the past few months my dept. has been going through some tough times. We finally get a new dept chief, and then he resigns 9 months latter. We were given no explination on his resignation, just rumor. Than our station chief and two more members get suspended. The cheif was not told why he was suspended and for how long. Now the rumors are really flying and everyone is getting discouraged. Numbers are low for drill and runs. Does anyone have any ideas to get the team back and bring the spirits up? We have a great bunch of FF's, and i would hate to see the community suffer because of some bs in the dept. It is sad but we are becoming the laughing stock in the area. Any Ideas!

Forum Member

Matt, I know you guys are having a rough go over there. Then one thing I can say is that y'all need to stick together right now and work through the problems. I know it's easier said than done, but the 2 stations really need to pull together right now........

I have heard some rumors, but I'm sure that only a small percentage of each one is true.........

Good luck, brother. Call if you wanna talk off of here.......

Brian
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Ok, I don't remember about hearing any of that, but I am sorry to hear that. What about having a cook out or barbque or waterball or something like that to raise everyones spirits. Or possibly a muster/competition with each station having a team or two. Just friendly competition. If you think that may work, I've got all the rules for our competitions on my computer. And I live like 12 minutes from your station so I'm sure it could work out.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Matt ...........keep the faith and give the new Chief time to get aclimated. I suspect that he can and will do good things for your department. Also try a two station get together and share the Bratwurst !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weruj1
    and share the Bratwurst !
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Guys. We are trying and I wont give up. I don't think it is totally the Chief. I think it is his bosses. You all know how officals try to run things and make decisions for things they have no clue. They just need to let us do our job fight fire and help those who need medical assistance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mkamann
    Thanks Guys. We are trying and I wont give up. I don't think it is totally the Chief. I think it is his bosses. You all know how officals try to run things and make decisions for things they have no clue. They just need to let us do our job fight fire and help those who need medical assistance.
    Oh. I'm sure the trustees are probably behind a good portion of it. The politicians are always good for giving their opinions about things they have no clue about.........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Bratwurst????? Stick to hot dogs and hamburgers, less trouble. But on a serious note, go to your station Chief(whoever is acting), if that doesn't get you some answers then you go to the big boss. Follow your chain, if you don't want to approach the big boss then you must sit back and wait like all the rest of the guys. Just remember personal issues are a subject that they wont discuss with you...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firenresq77
    Oh. I'm sure the trustees are probably behind a good portion of it. The politicians are always good for giving their opinions about things they have no clue about.........

Politicians are bad everywhere.......

Matt have patience and don't give up the fight. I am pretty sure that the LTFD is a very important to you and we all want to see things get better for you guys. In time I am sure that Chief Larson will make things better for your department. That is as long as the trustees give him the chance. Patience will play a big part in your success. Afterall, look at the Lake Schools. Whether you were for or against the levy that group sure had the patience to see the fight through.

Good luck and we are all behind you!!!!

Forum Member

Matt, how's things out there? Have things gotten any better or did you get some of your questions answered???
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Things have settled down and moral is coming back up slowly. We still have a long way to go, but we will make it there some day. Not many depts. go through so many changes at once, or have all of the problems that we had at once. I see in the newspaper that you all have a small problem of your own. Good luck and thanks for checking up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mkamann
    Things have settled down and moral is coming back up slowly. We still have a long way to go, but we will make it there some day. Not many depts. go through so many changes at once, or have all of the problems that we had at once. I see in the newspaper that you all have a small problem of your own. Good luck and thanks for checking up.
    Not s problem, Matt. Glad to hear it's getting a little better. It will take some time, but as long as everyone sticks together, things will happen....
    IACOJ

Thread Information