Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber SteveDude's Avatar

Default Major Terrorist Attack between UK/US Thwarted

UK Air space has been shut after 20 Bombs were found in Planes due to leave the UK destined for the USA....
    Thank God for the UK Security Services...

It seems that they were 'liquid' bombs in hand luggage!!!!!

Sky News
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDude
    UK Air space has been shut after 20 Bombs were found in Planes due to leave the UK destined for the USA....

Sky News
    Wow, good snag boys!
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDude

Sky News
    My first reaction this AM when I heard the news was WTF! As someone who will be traveling to Ireland in October out of JFK I will be watching this story intensely. It will not stop me from going on my trip unless they shut down the airport. Good grab by the UK Security Services. I pray that they got all of the plotters in time. SteveDude, none of the US reports that I have seen in the past 15 minutes said anything about the bombs actually being ON the planes and certainly nothing about 20 of them
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

My reaction was the same as you Tom. I have a friend who is travelling home from Nigeria later today. Her flight details changed yesterday, so I don't know when she is due to arrive - am expecting sometime tomorrow (Friday) but still, things are gonna be scaarreeewwweed up on the other side still.

Good grab by the folks in Security! Well done the Guns' Crews.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Link to thread in Off Duty Forums

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...404#post705404
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

After Foiled Plot, U.S. Airline Threat Level Highest Ever

POSTED: 1:42 am EDT August 10, 2006
    UPDATED: 10:37 am EDT August 10, 2006

LONDON -- The United States issued its highest terrorism alert for commercial flights from Britain and raised security on all domestic and international flights after a major terror plot was foiled in London. The Bush administration said the scheme was "suggestive of an al-Qaida plot."

"We were really getting quite close to the execution phase," Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said at a news conference with FBI Director Robert Mueller and Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

Terrorists had targeted United, American and Continental Air Lines, two U.S. counterrorism officials said. The plot envisioned mid-flight explosions on multiple aircraft using bomb components brought on board in benign state and combined once the planes were aloft, officials said.

The plot was aimed at flights to New York, Washington and California, all major summer tourist destinations, officials said.

The administration raised the threat level for flights from Britain to "red," designating a severe risk of terrorist attacks. All other flights, including all domestic flights in the United States, were put under an "orange," alert - one step below the highest level.

Heightened security caused long lines and delays at airport security checkpoints. The government banned passengers from carrying all liquids and gels, including toothpaste, makeup, suntan lotion. Baby formula and medicines were exempted.

"We are taking some very serious and inconvenient measures," Chertoff said. He said it was advisable to have more protection and scale it back, then not to act at all.

Chertoff said there was no indication of plotting in the United States but said officials cannot assume that the terror operation in Britain had been completely thwarted. He said the plot appeared to be engineered by al-Qaida, the terrorist group that carried out the Sept. 11, 2001, attack against the United States.

"It was sophisticated, it had a lot of members and it was international in scope," said Chertoff. "It was in some respects suggestive of an al-Qaida plot."

He added, however, that "because the investigation is still under way we cannot yet form a definitive conclusion."

Gonzales said the operation could "potentially kill hundreds of innocent people." Britain said 21 people had been arrested, including the alleged "main players" in the plot.

Mueller also pointed at al-Qaida. "This had the earmarks of an al-Qaida plot," he said.

The alleged plot was "as sophisticated as any we have seen in recent years as far as terrorism is concerned," Chertoff said.

He said there was no indication of any plotting in the United States but that the government was taking steps to protect against unseen threats or copycat attacks. "We cannot assume that this threat has been completely thwarted," the secretary said.

"There's sufficient uncertainty as to whether the British have scooped up everybody," Chertoff added. Gonzales said the operation could "potentially kill hundreds of innocent people." Chertoff said the plot was "as sophisticated as any we have seen in recent years as far as terrorism is concerned."

Hastily printed signs were posted at major airports warning passengers in red capital letters, "No liquid or gels permitted beyond security."

It is the first time the red alert level in the Homeland Security warning system has been invoked, although there have been brief periods in the past when the orange level was applied. Homeland Security defines the red alert as designating a "severe risk of terrorist attacks."

There were no commercial passenger planes in the air from Britain to the United States when the red alert was issued, FAA Administrator Marion Blakey said. She said three cargo planes aloft from London -- two Lufthansa and one UPS plane -- were allowed to continue because the threat was focused on passenger planes.

Officials said the government has been aware of the nature of the threat for several days, and President Bush, vacationing in Texas, was fully briefed. Prime Minister Tony Blair's office said in London that the prime minister, vacationing in the Caribbean, had briefed Bush overnight.

The U.S. Northern Command, the military headquarters established in response to the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, was "monitoring and ... a little bit more vigilant today," said spokesman Michael Kucharek, declining to be more specific.

"I'm not going to say it's business as usual," he said. "We're looking at all sources of information - this is a real threat to the nation."

The plot was not believed to be connected to a group of Egyptian students who disappeared in the United States more than a week ago before reaching a college they were supposed to attend in Montana. Three of the 11 have since been found and the FBI has said neither they nor the still-missing eight are believed to be a threat.

As part of the foiled Bojinka Plot to blow up 12 Western airliners simultaneously over the Pacific Ocean in the mid-1990s, terrorist mastermind Ramzi Youssef planned to put together an improvised bomb using liquid in a contact lens solution container.

The metal detector and X-ray machines at airport security checkpoints cannot detect such explosives. At many, but not all airport checkpoints, the TSA has deployed walkthrough "sniffer" or "puffer" machines that can detect explosives residue.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Quote Originally Posted by NYSmokey
    SteveDude, none of the US reports that I have seen in the past 15 minutes said anything about the bombs actually being ON the planes and certainly nothing about 20 of them
    That was what I heard first thing this morning...I haven't had the chance to see the news yet as we have been busy at work so you may now know more than I?
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

Actually I just caught a bit of a broadcast here in the Embassy. The first flights from Heathrow arrived about an hour ago... so thats good news. There are delays, but things are starting to move, so thats a good thing, I think.

Forum Member

So now no one can take liquid onto planes. Why do this after half of th suspects have been arrested? Why do we tighten security after we have found the plot? Why dont we have tightened security all the time? Also, why dont we profile. The men arrested were part of the Muslim community of England, the July 7th bombers last year in England were part of the Muslim community. The terrorists on 9-11 were part of the Muslim community. If they would start profiling, peer pressure from the non-violent Middle Easterners would turn against those who are terrorist. Why target the grandparents flying to Florida for the winter, but let the Muslim women who is completely covered and who may actually be a man fly without additional screening. There is NOTHING wrong with profiling. I am a caucasion mid 20s women. If white women in their 20s were blowing up planes, I should be screened extra. However, I also would not put up with them in my community. Peer pressure can do wonders, but being overly protective of cultures that do blow up planes leads to nothing except long lines and more planes being blown up.
    Security needs to be tight all the time, not just when people are scared. Secuity can be tight and quick if they did it all the time and people knew to expect it. If you profile, lines would move even more quickly. This political correctness is costly lives, time and money. It sucks as a policy!!!

Simply put, regarding the vigilance and heightened security, it is a well and proven fact that no one can maintain a high level of vigilance for an extended period of time. Sadly, this is a proven humanistic quality. Unless the danger presents itself regularly, and we react to the danger regularly, people as individuals will naturally let their guard down. It happens and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Forum Member

Default Intel today??

OK, looking at this story today my gut reaction was...if the US and other world leading countries have not yet been able to liquefy explosives into a stable state, then how can some third world organization working out of desolate mountain ranges? I think it was a ruse to collect data and intelligence on our response to a threat.

Did you see the lines of people in the airports...did you see the amount of garbage cans scattered throughout the masses? All they have to do is send out another bogus threat, have a couple of explosives or small WMD's, dump them in the trash in various large airports and walk away.

Osama and his people ARE WATCHING....whether it's a US news outlet, BBC, Al Jazeera or whatever, we were the top story today throughout the world....whether this was real or a hoax, you can bet they are collecting intel on how fast our responses were as a country and each individual airport. We in the news have done all their recon work for them. Though I work for a news organization, I feel that the media is a great way is aiding and abetting these fugitives.

I could be wrong, but I wanted to share my feelings with everyone. For all those who respond to terrorist activities in the future, watch your backs...all of us in the emergency community have Al Queda's target on our backs and there is no one else who will keep us safe besides ourselves. So brothers and sisters - my point here is keep your eyes open, your head low and watch yours and your partners backs!!

[QUOTE=MSNBCgeek]OK, looking at this story today my gut reaction was...if the US and other world leading countries have not yet been able to liquefy explosives into a stable state, then how can some third world organization working out of desolate mountain ranges? I think it was a ruse to collect data and intelligence on our response to a threat.

Ummm, these have been available for many years. I've heard of them being used in combat 30 years ago.

here's an example:
    http://uncensored.citadel.org/amoeba...e=astrolit.txt
    I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

The latest on Sky News is that the suspects are all British Muslims aged between 17 and 35. They also include two 'English sounding' names that are believe to be converts to Islam....

Despite TB's allegiance with the USA, I feel we are now seeing the results of his Governments soft Liberal PC Policies, of which epidemic immigration into the UK is one of the most controversial...much to the disgust of the indigenous population and all those who have come here for generations to make a better life including the Jewish, Irish, Afro-Carribeans, Hindu's Sikh's etc...etc...

The majority of those involved come from East London where I grew up and have served my entire career. I have absolutely no doubt that before my time is out in the LFB I will witness unimaginable Horror on the streets of this great City that make 7/7 and all of the IRA terrorism pale into insignificance. Now more than ever I am saying without fear of exageration "Will today be the day"?

Sky News
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

MembersZone Subscriber

SteveDude:

I fear you are right. If not London, then New York, D.C., or some other major city inhabited by us infidels. It is not a mater of if, but of when and where.

I am still amazed that single Muslim males between the ages of 17 and 35 are allowed to even get near an airport, let alone get on a plane. Yes, I know the vast majority are not involved in terrorism, but lets put our limited security where we know the majority of the threats lie.

The PC crowd and the American Sniveling Liberties Union undergo incessant wailing, hair pulling, and gnashing of teeth if it is even suggested that there is a profile (oops, can't say that word) to many terrorist attacks against the western world.

In order not to offend anyone we take shampoo away from old ladies and perform searches on Boy Scouts in uniform-thats the real threat (sarcaism intended).
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

I feel we are now seeing the results of his Governments soft Liberal PC Policies
    Youíre exactly right. These foiled attacks are exactly what happen when political correctness overtakes safety. People today are more afraid of offending muslims, than they are about stopping terrorists. It is a fact that not all Arabs are terrorists, but all international terrorists are muslim, going back from Iraq, 7/7, Madrid, WTC, USS Cole, and the current dealings with Hezbollah, and the list goes on. Lets quit playing games, and letís really address the issue of terrorism.
    These muslims want to kill us, and political correctness is going to get many people killed.
    If it looks like a terrorist, and it acts like a terrorist, chances are itís a terrorist. I use the term ďitĒ because these animals donít deserve to be considered human, because they arenít.
    What else are they not? Well theyíre not freedom fighters, theyíre not criminals, and they certainly are not victims. They are worst of humanity; they are also all muslim extremists, and we are at war with them.

Thumbs up

THANKS!!!

Its nice to know we still have a friend...
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

From our Embassy email today:

Many of you have heard of the recent incident at Heathrow airport and the new restrictions on products that cannot be taken on board aircrafts. Those of you travelling by air in the near future will need to be aware of this information, as well as that issued by US authorities. Below is information from Transport Canada and from Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada.

(Here is a link to the info on the US Department of Transport http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/..._guidance.shtm
    and some messages from US sources. These are not available in French)

-----------
    From SafetyXchange:

THE THREAT OF TERRORISM

Like the rest of you, I woke up yesterday to the disturbing news of a terrorist plot targeting commercial airlines flying over the Atlantic. Thankfully, these unspeakable acts of mass murder didnít come off.

I was working in New York City on September 11, 2001. My office on 21st street and 5th Avenue faced south and offered panoramic views of the World Trade Center. I got to work that Tuesday morning at 8:35, just about 30 minutes after the first plane struck the first tower. My colleagues and I watched the rest of the horrible events unfold from around my desk. We all knew people working in the towers. Needless to say, the experience left a scar on each of us.

Iíve moved on with my life. Still, every once in a while the pain comes rushing back. Today is one of those days. The news from London has left me shaken.

In a larger sense, though, five years of living in a post-9/11 world has changed my view of the world and the terrorists who threaten it. Underestimating terrorism would be a grave mistake. The danger is real and so is the need to protect ourselves.

But what scares me the most about terrorism arenít the bombs. Terrorist attacks can kill me and my family. But what they canít do is kill my country and its values. Only we can do that. So, while we possess the power and indeed the responsibility to fight terrorism at home and abroad, we must remember that the war against terrorism will be fought not in the airports or the train stations but within the human soul, and that the only way we can lose the war is to let the terrorists change how we act and who we are as a people.

Glenn Demby
    Editor-in-Chief
    SafetyXChange
    Speaking for myself and myself alone

I am trying really hard to not be cynical about this, but the following article causes the Cynic in me to rise up and ask: How many ... are snooping through the trash bins after hours? (Damn I hate me for thinking like that )

Officials: Martyrdom Tape Found In Terror Plot
    Bush: Terror Plot Is Reminder We're At War

POSTED: 1:42 am EDT August 10, 2006
    UPDATED: 2:54 am EDT August 11, 2006

LONDON -- At least one martyrdom tape was reportedly found at the home of a suspect in the alleged plot to blow up jetliners over the Atlantic.

British police allegedly found the tape during raids that netted 24 people. More arrests are expected.

The terrorist attack foiled by British authorities on Thursday was aimed at blowing up as many as 10 airplanes on trans-Atlantic flights, and plotters had hoped to stage a dry run within two days, U.S. intelligence officials said. The actual attack, they said, was expected just days after that.

The officials said the test run was designed to see whether the plotters would be able to smuggle the needed materials aboard the planes. They spoke only on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject matter.

American law enforcement sources said terrorists planned to use a peroxide-based explosive that would have been detonated by power from a camera, a digital music player or other electronic device.

The plane bombings could have come just ahead of the fifth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks carried out by al-Qaida.

The details of the alleged plot surfaced as the administration posted a maximum code-red alert for passenger flights from England to the United States and banned liquids from all carry-on bags.

The security upgrade triggered long lines at airports across the country, and governors in at least two states activated National Guard troops to help provide protection.

"This was a well-advanced plan," Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff told reporters as British authorities announced the arrests of 24 alleged plotters. "In some respects suggestive of an al-Qaida plot."

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said as many as 10 flights had been targeted.

Other officials said they were United, American and Continental Airlines routes from Britain to the major U.S. summer tourist destinations of New York, California and Washington, D.C. These officials declined to provide details on when the plotters intended to strike.

Virginia's deputy homeland security director, Steven Mondul, said that in a morning conference call, federal officials pointed to New York's John F. Kennedy Airport, Los Angeles International and Dulles Airport outside Washington as "major destinations for flights originating from the United Kingdom." No specific warnings were issued for these facilities, he added.

The red alert for flights from Britain was the first since the color-coded warning system was developed in the wake of the 2001 terror attacks. The decision to ban nearly all liquids from passenger cabins was reminiscent of the stringent rules imposed when planes were allowed back in the skies for the first time afterward the Sept. 11 attacks.

"No liquids or gels will be allowed in carry-on baggage," Chertoff said. "There will be exceptions for baby formula and medicines, but travelers must be prepared to present these items for inspection at the checkpoint, and that will allow us to take a look at them and make sure that they're safe to fly."

That meant water containers, soft drinks, coffee cups and more had to be shed by passengers waiting to board their flights.

Women travelers surrendered bottles and jars of creams and lotions from their make-up kits.

At Dulles, one passenger fished a bottle of Tequila from a carry-on bag. It joined the rest of the newly classified contraband in a trash container.

The decision to raise the terror level for flights from Britain to "red" indicated a severe risk of terror attacks. The change requires airlines to provide the government with an advance list of passengers aboard affected flights. Previously, passengers names had to be provided within 15 minutes after take-off.

All other flights to and within the United States were put under an "orange" alert, one step below red, but an escalation from the "yellow" status that had been in effect.

Administration officials sought to reassure the traveling public at the same time they imposed heightened security restrictions.

"Today, air traffic is safe, and air traffic will remain safe precisely because of the measures we are adopting today," Chertoff said.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said President George W. Bush had been briefed in advance of the events, and had approved raising the alert to red on flights from England.

In brief remarks from Green Bay, Wis., the president said the events showed the nation "is at war with Islamic fascists."

Senior lawmakers also received advance word. Several said they had been briefed by Homeland Security or CIA officials as early as Monday.

Word of the plot quickly became grist for the midterm election campaign, with less than 100 days to run.

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said events reinforced the need to implement the recommendations of an independent 9/11 commission, a reminder of one of her party's main campaign promises.

In Ohio, Republican chairman Bob Bennett accused the Democrats' senatorial challenger of voting against funds "for the very types of programs that helped the British thwart these vicious attacks."

Airline passengers around the country stood in line for hours and airport trash bins bulged with everything from mouthwash and shaving cream to maple syrup and fine wine Thursday in a security crackdown prompted by the discovery of a terror plot in Britain.

U.S. authorities banned the carrying of liquids onto flights after the arrest of 24 people in an alleged plot to blow up U.S.-bound planes using explosives disguised as drinks and other common products.

The restrictions forced people to unpack their carry-on bags on the floor in the middle of terminals to remove the prohibited items. Some travelers tried to squeeze makeup, sunscreen and other toiletries into their checked baggage, where liquids were permissible.

But people without checked bags or those who had already given their luggage to their airline had to throw out the banned items.

"It's very frustrating. I'm no terrorist," said Alison Phillips as she struggled to repack her suitcase in Tampa, Fla., after removing all liquids for her return flight to Jamaica.

Other security measures were also ramped up at airports across the nation. Gov. Mitt Romney sent the National Guard to help patrol Boston's Logan Airport for the first time since the Sept. 11 attacks, when terrorists hijacked two planes from there and flew them into the World Trade Center. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger also activated the National Guard in California, and Gov. George Pataki in New York considered doing the same.

"That's part of the price you pay for traveling during a time like this," said Julius Ibraheem, 26, a college counselor from Chicago, as he stared at the long lines leading toward security checkpoints at O'Hare Airport.

At Newark Airport in New Jersey, one security checkpoint line stretched the entire length of the terminal - roughly six football fields. At Baltimore/Washington Airport, security workers opened every carry-on bag that passed through one terminal, and all morning flights were delayed.

"It's better alive than dead," said Bob Chambers, whose flight from Baltimore to Detroit for a business meeting was delayed more than an hour. "It's inconvenient, but we'll make it."

The ban on liquids and gels covered such things as shampoo, toothpaste, contact lens solution, perfume and water bottles. The only exceptions were for baby formula and medications, which had to be presented for inspection at security checkpoints. Liquids were allowed in checked bags because those suitcases are screened for explosives and are stowed in the cargo hold beyond passengers' reach.

Travelers at the Burlington International Airport in Vermont were forced to discard souvenir jugs of maple syrup. In New Orleans, half-used bottles of hot sauce lay in garbage bins.

"We are seeing a lot of interesting items being discarded," said Michael McCarron, a spokesman at the San Francisco airport. "Chanel No. 5, gallons and gallons of water, and some very fine Napa Valley wine."

U.S. authorities raised the threat level to "red" for flights from Britain, the first time the highest threat of terrorist attack had been invoked since the system was created. All other flights were under an "orange" alert - one step below red.

At Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, airport employees greeted passengers at security checkpoints with trash bags. Dan Wykoff at Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City saw security officers stop a man from carrying a container of applesauce past a checkpoint.

"You've got to watch that applesauce; it will get you every time," joked Wykoff, who was seeing off his brother on a flight.

Ray Watson, 40, of Denver, who co-owns a trucking company, wryly predicted a boon for makers of toiletries as he waited to pick up his luggage at the Los Angeles airport.

"I can't imagine all the millions of dollars that the Colgate-Palmolives are going to reap from this," he said. "The Dumpsters in Phoenix were filled with shampoo and toothpaste."

Some people solved their carry-on baggage problem by simply giving items away. In Manchester, N.H., airport officials offered padded envelopes and paid the postage to mail items home.

Laura Yeager left four bottles of Gucci and Cartier perfume for the hotel maid before heading to the Atlanta airport for her flight back to Philadelphia. She still had to give up her lip gloss at the security checkpoint.

She just shrugged and tossed it. "It's better to feel safe. We thought it was going to be a lot worse," she said.

Though some tempers flared, many passengers were resigned to the delays and wasted toiletries.

"It's a slight inconvenience," said Tom Sheehan of Toledo, Ohio, who was headed for Los Angeles from Detroit Metropolitan Airport. "It's a pain, but I still think getting across the country in six hours is pretty amazing. I don't mind waiting an extra 15 minutes to check my luggage."

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45
    It is a fact that not all Arabs are terrorists, but all international terrorists are muslim...
    Most terrorist attacks in the last few years can be attributed to Islamic extremists, but to state that all international terrorists are Muslim is a completely false statement.

Ever hear of the Red Brigades? Tamil Tigers? FARC? Anti-Communist Command? Jewish Defense League? There's just to name a few; never mind all the domestic anti-government/patriot movement clowns running around the U. S. To sterotype one group of people as "all international terrorsts" will just leave the back door open to attack. Would you say Richard Reid looked like a "Muslim"?

Question Huh??????

Source: U.S., U.K. at odds over timing of arrests
    British wanted to continue surveillance on terror suspects, official says

Disagreement over terror arrests

Aug. 12: U.S. and British authorities disagreed on when to break up an alleged plot to blow up airliners bound for the United States, officials say. NBC's Lisa Myers reports.

By Aram Roston, Lisa Myers, and the NBC News Investigative Unit
    NBC News
    Updated: 8:13 p.m. ET Aug 12, 2006
    LONDON - NBC News has learned that U.S. and British authorities had a significant disagreement over when to move in on the suspects in the alleged plot to bring down trans-Atlantic airliners bound for the United States.

A senior British official knowledgeable about the case said British police were planning to continue to run surveillance for at least another week to try to obtain more evidence, while American officials pressured them to arrest the suspects sooner. The official spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the case.

In contrast to previous reports, the official suggested an attack was not imminent, saying the suspects had not yet purchased any airline tickets. In fact, some did not even have passports.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Thread Information