The top 10 unintentionally worst company URL
Everyone knows that if you are going to operate a business in today’s
world you need a domain name. It is advisable to look at the domain name selected as other see it and not just as you think it looks. Failure to do this may result in situations such as the following (legitimate) companies who deal in everyday humdrum products and services but clearly didn’t give their domain names enough consideration:
1. A site called ‘Who Represents’ where you can find the name of the agent that represents a celebrity. Their domain name… wait for it…is
2. Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at
3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at
4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at
5. Then of course, there’s the Italian Power Generator company…
6. And now, we have the Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales:
7. If you’re looking for computer software, there’s always
8. Welcome to the First Cumming Methodist Church. Their website is
9. Then, of course, there’s these brainless art designers, and their
10. Want to holiday in Lake Tahoe? Try their brochure website at
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: Website Domain names. Be Careful
08-10-2006, 09:36 PM #1
Website Domain names. Be CarefulPsychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.
08-10-2006, 10:44 PM #2
Ian...that was too funny!"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY
08-11-2006, 12:03 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jun 2002
- Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
I saw it a couple of weeks ago on the Forums at www.bluegrassrules.com It was getting a lot of laughs then.Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
In memory of
Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006
IACOJ Budget Analyst
I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.
08-11-2006, 08:55 AM #4
That was TOO Funny!!
Thanks...I needed that.
08-11-2006, 09:47 AM #5
- Join Date
- Jun 2006
That was a good laugh to start my morning. Thanks Kiwi. Always can count on humor from down under. (no pun intended.) haha.
08-11-2006, 06:28 PM #6
- Join Date
- May 2001
- Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD
Never Forget 9-11-2001
Stay safe out there!
08-11-2006, 09:34 PM #7
- Join Date
- May 2002
- Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!
Good one, Ian!September 11th - Never Forget
I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.
IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
RAY WAS HERE FIRST
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By MemoPatch911 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 05-14-2009, 06:01 PM
By JOEBOB20 in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 17Last Post: 12-27-2006, 03:45 PM
By TXEMTMark in forum New Web Site AnnouncementsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2006, 11:11 PM
By vbladder in forum Fire Buffs' FirehouseReplies: 1Last Post: 04-02-2004, 02:30 PM
By Ernie in forum New Web Site AnnouncementsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-17-2002, 03:30 PM