Forum Member

Default Latest airline restrictions

This is going to cause alot of pain.
    1. Duty free on out bound is now out of business. No alcohol or perfume then what else is there.
    2. Business class without business Laptops or papers to read. They say you cannot even take a book to read.
    3. Travel insurance safety and security of valuable items once taken as hand help luggage are now committed to the hold. Airports will need to implement formal pick up procedures as valuables will now be in this luggage.
    4 International couriers that carry documents as hand held are now unemployed.

I suppose prayer rugs are still exempt as we would not want to upset the religious minorities.

These changes will lead to quantities of laptop batteries and alcohol also being confined to the hold.
    Disclaimer
    These views are my own and not of either my brigade or any other organisation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Asheville, North Carolina, United States of America

Thumbs down Wow

I am really glad I do not ever use the airlines for transportation...and damn sure never will now !!!
    Pray for the dead, fight like hell for the living! - Mother Jones

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wombat
    1. Duty free on out bound is now out of business. No alcohol or perfume then what else is there.
    2. Business class without business Laptops or papers to read. They say you cannot even take a book to read.
    3. Travel insurance safety and security of valuable items once taken as hand help luggage are now committed to the hold. Airports will need to implement formal pick up procedures as valuables will now be in this luggage.

I suppose prayer rugs are still exempt as we would not want to upset the religious minorities.

These changes will lead to quantities of laptop batteries and alcohol also being confined to the hold.
    I wonder how anyone knows what to bring aboard an airplane anymore! I must laugh I suppose prayer rugs are still exemt as we would not want to upset the religious minorities.God forbid we'd interfere with a terrorists prayers LOL
    Last edited by SUNSHINE1; 09-07-2006 at 04:19 PM.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by wombat

Are these rumours or fact? Are these US rules or AUS rules?

There are ways around the Duty Free issue. My dad and I were just talking about that when my parents were here Monday and Tuesday. Not sure if the practice has been implemented or if it was just my dad's take on things.

Gotta wait until tonight to do some digging on this though, I'm at work right now.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

OK, here are the regulations outlined by Transport Canada. As I thought, Duty Free has been reinstated, you just don't get possession of your purchase until after the flight is over, depending on the type of flight and the airport.

http://www.victoriaairport.com/resou...OnAircraft.pdf

Media advisory
    Changes Affecting Duty Free Goods on Aircraft
    As of 03:00 hours E.D.T. on Saturday, August 19, 2006 the sale of liquids, gels and aerosols at duty free stores at Canadian airports is being restored for
    passengers travelling on most international flights, with some restrictions.
    Travellers going to the United States (U.S.):

• For all flights departing Canada and bound for the United States (U.S.)
    from airports providing U.S. pre-clearance services (Vancouver, Calgary,
    Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal), the sale of liquids,
    gels or aerosols at duty free stores will continue to be permitted provided
    passengers transfer these items to their checked baggage before
    proceeding through the screening process.

• For all other flights departing Canada and bound for the U.S., liquids, gels
    or aerosols may be available for purchase at duty free stores and
    onboard aircraft depending on the airline. Passengers will only receive
    their goods upon termination of the flight and should enquire at their duty
    free store or with their airline to determine if this service is available.

Travellers going to the United Kingdom (U.K.):

• For all flights departing Canada and bound for the U.K., liquids, gels or
    aerosols may be available for purchase at duty free stores and onboard
    aircraft depending on the airline. Passengers will only receive their goods
    upon termination of the flight and should enquire at their duty free store or
    with their airline to determine if this service is available.

Other international travelers:

• For other international flights, purchasing and delivery arrangements may
    differ by airport. For example, in terminals serving both domestic and
    international flights, delivery of the duty free goods will be made after the
    boarding gate when boarding the aircraft. For additional information on
    duty free sales, please contact your airport directly.

Other than the provisions for duty free goods above, liquids, gels and aerosols* in containers of any size continue to be prohibited from being brought onboard aircraft by passengers on their person or in their carry-on baggage. Passengers should pack these items in their checked baggage. (*Please note that some aerosols are not permitted in checked baggage. For more information check the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority’s (CATSA) website at www.catsa.gc.ca).

Liquids or gels include, but are not limited to beverages, puddings, perfume,
    deodorant, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, hair gel, mascara, lip glosses and other items of similar consistency.
    For further information please visit Transport Canada’s website at www.tc.gc.ca or CATSA’s website at www.catsa.gc.ca.
    -30-
    Communications
    Transport Canada
    613-993-0055
    Return
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Why don't we just cryogenically freeze each passenger at the departure point, and ship them in cold storage to be thawed upon arrival.

Save us all this mess, and you could stack em 6 high.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Thread Information