MembersZone Subscriber

Default Live - In Programs

Does anyone use/have a Live - In Program to help recruit new members and/or increase in-house staffing? If so, what kind of incentives do you have for them? what kind of rules or guidelines do you have inplace.
    My dept. doesnt have a college in its first due area, which I know alot of departments use college live-ins and we dont run alot of calls each year but between our two stations we average 1500 calls a year.

MembersZone Subscriber

I hate to say it, but do a search. There are dozens of threads about it. Alot of the information you're looking for has already been covered extensivly in them. But I can suggest looking at my old department, Shepherdstown VFD in Shepherdstown WV. www.shepherdstownfiredepartment.com They have a good live-in program going on there.
    Fir Na Tine
    Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Member

Default Live In

I am Live In student with the Chichester Vol. Fire Department in Chichester NH. I go to school at New Hampshire Community Technical College at Laconia. I get to stay at the station for free. In return I work from 8-5 weekdays and one weekend a month. Classes are over station time. At the station when i'm not in school.

Forum Member

Alton NH used to have a live in program, I think they still do. You could check with them

MembersZone Subscriber

Our department has a live in program at three of our stations.
    21 yoa
    Minimum 1 year in department
    First Respnder or EMT
    Driver
    Engineer within 6 months
    Single
    minimum of 50 hours per week

MembersZone Subscriber

your from montgomery county md? i think they have a live in program at a couple of the stations. i know rockville does for sure.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah there are a few in Montgomery county. My old dept in Mont. co had one, so does Rockville and Kennsington does to. Im no longer in MC, But in frederick co MD and un like montgomery they were close to UMD and Montgomery college has a great fire program, frederick really doesnt have that goimg for then so Its hard to get that college going people to l;ook are way. With PG and M.C stations having more calls and close to collages its hard for us just to the northwest to get some.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by needlejockey
    I hate to say it, but do a search. There are dozens of threads about it. Alot of the information you're looking for has already been covered extensivly in them. But I can suggest looking at my old department, Shepherdstown VFD in Shepherdstown WV. www.shepherdstownfiredepartment.com They have a good live-in program going on there.

What is the size/pop of the fire district? How many members? How many liveins?

MembersZone Subscriber

i bunk at liverpool fire dept just outside of syracuse ny, its not too bad there. we get about 2000 calls at the station and go to onondaga community college which has a pretty good fire school.

Thread Information