Forum Member

Cool Have you been to the academy?

Hello i was thinking of getting my explorer post to go to the academy and i was wanting to know what it is like.

MembersZone Subscriber

Depends what Academy you're talking about. Here in Southern CA, our Academies are very military based. Get up at 3:30 a.m. and go to bed at 11:30 p.m. if you're lucky, and "yes sir" "no sir" for an entire week. Push ups and more PT, and then classroom for 2 days, then the fun stuff. But you live in North Carolina right?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RFDExplorer
    Depends what Academy you're talking about. Here in Southern CA, our Academies are very military based. Get up at 3:30 a.m. and go to bed at 11:30 p.m. if you're lucky, and "yes sir" "no sir" for an entire week. Push ups and more PT, and then classroom for 2 days, then the fun stuff. But you live in North Carolina right?

i dint know that ther was more than one sorry. Yea i live in NC i don't know if there are iny of them in or a round NC. If you know let me know. I searched
    them and i only got the midwest one.

Forum Member

I thought each state had its own fire academy, and some departments run thier own rookie schools.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by afrexplorer1
    i dint know that ther was more than one sorry. Yea i live in NC i don't know if there are iny of them in or a round NC. If you know let me know. I searched
    them and i only got the midwest one.

Fayetteville Tech has a Firefighter I/II academy, one during the day, one during the night. Their last daytime academy just finished up and the night time academy is under way. There will be at least one more daytime academy this year. Daytime is held at the Fayetteville Regional Aiport Fire Training Center, and Night time is held at fayetteville Tech. If you want the contact information, send me a message and i'll give it to you.
    Service is the rent you pay for having space on earth.

Forum Member

I took (and still taking) my fire classes at college. They are just like normal college classes. There's a mix of day and night classes. My PT class started at 0630-0800, while my MFR went from 1800-2100. There are also lecture and lab sections for some classes.

FF I/II classes here are some times put on by a department, you can go to a traditional academy (usually at almost any community college) or go to traditional college classes. All classes have a contact person from the state who kinda supervises it and the testing.

Thread Information