I did a search for KME and didnít find a thread so if it exists I apologize for the duplicate.
We received a 100í KME Aerial Cat mid mount platform four months ago and we have found several problems.
- Intercom mounted unprotected at the turntable so tree branches hit it and itís already damaged.
- Breathing air fillter in the bucket, and regulator at the turntable is leaking.
- The aerial will not work 90% of the time. The PTO engages but the out riggers and high idle will not work. The truck has to be turned off, including the master, and turned on and it will start working. Sometimes this is repeated 5X.
- The automatic outrigger set up will level the truck but does not lower as itís supposed to.
- Plastic cable tray on the 3rd fly section broke.
- Power steering will not work at times. The truck has to be turned off and on to get it to work.
- Bucket controls are very jumpy even after the factory rep adjusted them.
- The ladder will not retract fully using the bucket controls. The turntable has to be used to fully retract the ladder.
- The most recent was the ďAutomatic StowĒ feature was used and the outriggers retracted and then tried to level the truck while they were fully retracted.
A neighboring department had several quality control problems with a similar KME mid mount. According to our mechanic KME did not return phone calls for a month about these problems. Recently they agreed to come get it for repair. Has anyone else had problems? BTW the spec. committee did not recommend this truck because of several problems that local departments were having with them (engines and ladders) but the chief decided to award the bid to KME.