Thread: Tragedy in Dover-Morris County
08-23-2006, 04:35 AM #1
Tragedy in Dover-Morris County
DOVER, N.J. (AP) - A fire swept through a Morris County home
early Tuesday, killing a teenage girl and her mother, who was
described by neighborhood youths as "everybody's second mom." The
daughter's boyfriend also died in the blaze.
Authorities said a loose connection in a first-floor electrical
outlet was to blame for the blaze that killed Adelaide Del Valle,
48; her daughter, Alyssa Del Valle, 17, and the younger Del Valle's
boyfriend, Javier Carrasco, 18.
Both the youths were preparing to enter Dover High School as
seniors this fall, according to teens who dabbed at tears as they
gathered across the street from the charred remains of the house
Adelaide Del Valle "was like everybody's second mom," said
Jackie Gagne, of neighboring Wharton. "She welcomed everybody into
LaQuisha Del Valle, 17, of Dover, said her cousin Alyssa was a
fun-loving girl who had played youth soccer and loved to shop at
Coach, a high-end leather goods store.
"She was fun, spontaneous," LaQuisha Del Valle said. "She was
a clown, she loved to make everybody laugh."
Morris County Prosecutor Michael Rubinaccio knew Adelaide Del
Valle from her work as a court administrator in Morris Plains over
the last two decades.
"She was one of the best," he said. "Very meticulous, very
well-organized. It was one of the true pleasures going to the court
because it was so well-organized. This is a tragedy. Our deepest
regrets go out to the victims and their families."
All three victims were found on the second floor of the house:
the Del Valles in their separate bedrooms and Carrasco in the
bathroom, according to the Morris County prosecutor's office.
Carrasco had broken a window in the bathroom in an apparent
attempt to escape, Rubinaccio said.
All three victims appeared to have been asleep when the fire
started at approximately 4 a.m., said Dover Fire Chief Bill
"They were all in their nightclothes," he said.
Investigators traced the fire to a loose connection in a
first-floor outlet where a lamp was plugged in but not turned on.
Gilbert said the house did not have fire alarms or smoke detectors.
Dover native Ida Parizot said her daughter was friendly with
Alyssa Del Valle and would often go to her house for sleepovers
when she was younger. Parizot said Adelaide Del Valle had lived in
the house since birth and had purchased it from her parents some
(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones
*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
On the web at www.section2wildfire.com
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By captstanm1 in forum FloridaReplies: 16Last Post: 10-14-2003, 07:38 AM
By captstanm1 in forum FloridaReplies: 3Last Post: 07-31-2003, 12:27 PM
By captstanm1 in forum FloridaReplies: 0Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:16 PM
By captstanm1 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 16Last Post: 04-20-2003, 10:28 PM
By captstanm1 in forum The Off Duty ForumsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-14-2002, 10:57 AM