Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Cool G'day from Australia

New to this forum and would be interested in communications with others in the Fire Service to compare 'notes'. I'm a volunteer Lieutenant (Brigade Training Officer) and PAD Instructor with Country Fire Authority in Victoria and a Qualified Leading Firefighter (full time) at the local Air Force base now working for a private provider. I did serve 20 years in defence as a firefighter also.

G'day Dave, there are a couple of other victorian fire fighters on here as well; Lutan1 and stillPSFB. Im from up in QLD. Im sure you will find it interesting the way the yanks do things. Oh and expect a few upside down comments.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

IrishBrigade
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by DavidT
    ........and a Qualified Leading Firefighter (full time) at the local Air Force base now working for a private provider. I did serve 20 years in defence as a firefighter also.
    Welcome DavidT.

Does that mean that the provision of firefighting services to Military Bases is now contracted out?

Forum Member

Hi,
    thanks for that. Been in the job 31 years and have been comparing ways of doing things for ages. At the end of the day I think we can all learn off each other and our end goal is always the same. Most important is that we all go home at the end of each call. Stay safe up there.

Davo

Forum Member

Hi IrishBrigade,
    in reference to contracting out - only at some. A lot of the world's military have gone down the path of downsizing persons in uniform in certain areas. Some places it's worked, others I believe have gone back to uniforms. Probably due to current world situations.

Thread Information