Forum Member

Default Recruitment Process

I basically know the process for recruitment. I have a full time job in falls church currently, but after 8 months I've realized a desk job just isn't for me at all. I want to get started on the recruitment process sometime possibly in march of next year but am wondering if it is possible to go through the whole process while having a full time job. Any comments/suggestions?

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, it is. You will find that most of your peers do have full time jobs while pursuing a career in the fire service. Many candidates find it easier to take lesser paying jobs that offer flexibility of going to school and testing instead of higher paying jobs that are inflexible.

You will also find that employers are not thrilled with someone who wants to become a firefighter. The boss wants someone who is committed to the organization, not someone who is working for the company until their dream job comes along.

Good luck,

Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Forum Member

Default Work

Often it can take a lot of work to get a fire badge. I tell candidates you have to make it a job to get this job. Sure you can work full time while testing. Depending on what your job is while you're trying will make it easier to test and pay the bills at the same time.

You need to set up a plan and system to put yourself in the best position to be considered for the job. Being an EMT will enable you to test for more departments. The real secret is learning how to take a firefighter interview. That's where you will make the cut.
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Thread Information