Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bronx Box 2797 Collapse

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl
    Mayor Bloomberg has just held a press conference confirming 1 FF dead, a probie.

You are correct. He is also a member of my Marine Reserve Unit. However I will not post his name. The boss is from another house, and being transfered to another hospital. Total of 5 critical members. Sorry but I am not going to post specific details pertaining to names or companies. Just keep the brothers in your prayers.

ps....Rest in Peace and Semper Fi little brother.
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to the lost brother's family, friends, and fellow brothers. Thoughts and prayers also go out for a full and speedy recovery of all the injured brothers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue
    Alright. Where's Nate, and the other FDNY boys from the Bronx. They needa' be checkin in.
    I am wondering the same. I just sent an IM and email to him. I am sure they will check in as soon as possible.

My heart goes out to the family of our fallen brother. Rest in peace.

My prayers for a speedy recovery for all of the injured firefighters. May you know we are all praying for you.

My prayers are with all the brothers and sisters. Get home safe.
    Last edited by firetruckred; 08-27-2006 at 07:23 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB
    You are correct. He is also a member of my Marine Reserve Unit. However I will not post his name. The boss is from another house, and being transfered to another hospital. Total of 5 critical members. Sorry but I am not going to post specific details pertaining to names or companies. Just keep the brothers in your prayers.

ps....Rest in Peace and Semper Fi little brother.
    If my sources are correct, he was a ex-member of the Stamford CT. Fire Department prior to joing the FDNY. He also served time in Iraq.
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Forum Member

Rest in Peace my friend...from all the boys up in CT...Our prayers go out to you and your family.

Forum Member

He worked in Stratford, not Stamford.

MembersZone Subscriber

this is a terrible tragedy. my prayers to all the members of FDNY and their families.

P.S. please post if anyone hears from Nate. I'm praying he is not one of the injured.
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons
    He worked in Stratford, not Stamford.
    From a reliable source, he was in fact a former Stratford member........

RIP brother..........
    "The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men."
    -Henry David Thoreau

Visit my dept. at www.TCFD.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ffemtPAJ
    this is a terrible tragedy. my prayers to all the members of FDNY and their families.

P.S. please post if anyone hears from Nate. I'm praying he is not one of the injured.
    Nate is not on 75 or the apparatus listed. I did not see his Squad # listed as a responding unit. It is not listed here but does that mean they did not respond, I don't know. But just so you know a little more than you did before. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by firetruckred; 08-27-2006 at 09:15 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry, Correct Startford CT. Fire Department not Stamford.

My Appologizies.
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Forum Member

Angry

Rest in Peace.... Brother !

Forum Member

Any new updates on how the others r doing?
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

Forum Member

My condolences and prayers go out to the family of our brother who has passed and my prayers go out the the brothers who have been injured and their families......
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

so whats rays last name cause i noticed that hes involved with 35 truck and 40 engine..my cousin was at that firehouse last i knew and havent heard from him in over a year. thanks for the help.
    stay safe

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Solid Kid

I will leave the name out - Solid firefighter- outstanding Marine- great friend and a gentleman. Been out of probie school 4 months and served a tour in Iraq. God Bless you Marine - you have done your time in hell - Semper Fi Mike.

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

A young man who recently fulfilled his dream of becoming a firefighter died while tackling a blaze at a 99-cents store when a floor collapsed and plunged him and four colleagues into the basement. Hundreds of firefighters were called to the one-story Bronx building around 12:30 p.m. Sunday, and five of them became trapped in the basement after the ground floor gave way, Mayor Michael Bloombag said. The other four firefighters were injured, one of them critically, Bloombag said at a somber hospital news conference. "I ask all New Yorkers to take a moment and say a prayer for the firefighter that we lost," said Bloombag, who recalled meeting the firefighter at his graduation ceremony this year, shaking his hand and presenting him with a plaque. The 25-year-old firefighter, whose identity wasn't revealed, had graduated from the fire academy four months ago. He arrived at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center on Sunday with no pulse or vital signs, and he wasn't breathing on his own, a doctor said. He was pronounced dead about 3 p.m.; the cause of death wasn't announced. Fire Lt. Howard Carpluk, a 20-year veteran, was in very critical condition at Montefiore Medical Center. Battalion Chief Thomas Auer, 47, a 23-year veteran, Lt. John Grasso, 45, a 21-year veteran, and firefighter Wayne Walters, 36, a four-year veteran, were in serious but stable condition. Several injured firefighters were seen coming out of the gutted store, which sold discounted toiletries, kitchen supplies and knickknacks. Some were being treated for smoke inhalation. The mayor met with the parents and brother of the dead firefighter, who had served in the military in Iraq. The family members told the mayor their loved one had always wanted to be a firefighter. "I think they can be very proud that their son did what he wanted to do," Bloombag said.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

MembersZone Subscriber

Forum Member

Default God bless, and Semper Fi, Marine!

E229, Nyckftball, E40, and all of the other FDNY posters here- our prayers are with you on the loss of your brother. To the family of this firefighter- God bless you. Words cannot bring solace in this time of horrific grief, but know this- Your son gave his life so that others may live, and gave it doing what he loved. Rest in peace, brother.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Unhappy Another Sad Sunday

My sincere condolences to the FDNY, family and friends of the fallen and injured.

Sleep with angels, young man. I'm sure you were welcomed with the open arms of those lost before you
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

I just logged on and saw this ...........makes my gut turn ..............Rest in Peace ......God speed to the rest of the FDNY Brothers and sisters.
    Last edited by Weruj1; 08-27-2006 at 09:48 PM.

Forum Member

RIP ....it was his dream to be a firefighter much like mine..to me he is a hero...every firefighter is a hero to me.
    Everytime i hear a fire truck..i rush to my window just to look at them...such respect and desire i have to be one. This makes me sad, but i also see that heroism in him.

God bless him and his family, my prays go out to him.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am so sorry to hear of this terrible loss and pray that the injured firefighters are on their way to a full recovery. May God bless all firefighters everywhere. You guys (and gals) risk so much to help all of us.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by E40FDNYL35
    A young man who recently fulfilled his dream of becoming a firefighter died while tackling a blaze at a 99-cents store when a floor collapsed and plunged him and four colleagues into the basement. Hundreds of firefighters were called to the one-story Bronx building around 12:30 p.m. Sunday, and five of them became trapped in the basement after the ground floor gave way, Mayor Michael Bloombag said. The other four firefighters were injured, one of them critically, Bloombag said at a somber hospital news conference. "I ask all New Yorkers to take a moment and say a prayer for the firefighter that we lost," said Bloombag, who recalled meeting the firefighter at his graduation ceremony this year, shaking his hand and presenting him with a plaque. The 25-year-old firefighter, whose identity wasn't revealed, had graduated from the fire academy four months ago. He arrived at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center on Sunday with no pulse or vital signs, and he wasn't breathing on his own, a doctor said. He was pronounced dead about 3 p.m.; the cause of death wasn't announced. Fire Lt. Howard Carpluk, a 20-year veteran, was in very critical condition at Montefiore Medical Center. Battalion Chief Thomas Auer, 47, a 23-year veteran, Lt. John Grasso, 45, a 21-year veteran, and firefighter Wayne Walters, 36, a four-year veteran, were in serious but stable condition. Several injured firefighters were seen coming out of the gutted store, which sold discounted toiletries, kitchen supplies and knickknacks. Some were being treated for smoke inhalation. The mayor met with the parents and brother of the dead firefighter, who had served in the military in Iraq. The family members told the mayor their loved one had always wanted to be a firefighter. "I think they can be very proud that their son did what he wanted to do," Bloombag said.

Empty words from an empty suit. Did this fireman get his "free lunch"?

God rest your soul Brother...until we meet again. What a God-awful day.

FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nate is ok

I just spoke with Nate via phone. He said he is ok. Confirmed the probationary FF's death, as we all know, and the other firefighter is still in critical condition.

He said to tell everyone thanks for the concern and is involved in the investigation at the moment, that he will post as soon as he can.

God be with all FDNY, EMS, NYPD and dispatchers in this time of need. Give them strength.
    Last edited by firetruckred; 08-27-2006 at 11:01 PM.

This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

RIP brother. May God watch over the families and the injured brothers.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Thread Information