Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reciprocity???

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Reciprocity???

Hi Folks-

I have been a level II firefighter for around 14 years. My wife is going through some medical problems and there is a slim chance that we may have to move out of state for treatment. Does anyone know if there are any states that will accept Ohio's 240 FF in their state or does that never happen? I am curious about my paramedic training as well. I know that it would be a state to state thing but I was curious if it was even possible.

Any info appreciated
    Stay Safe, God bless

MembersZone Subscriber

With your medic it would depend on if you still have your NREMT cert or just the State of Ohio. As for the 240 card I think it depends on where you went to school to get the card and also what city you were planning to test for. I know a lot of bigger dept's have their own academy you have to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by trailboss2
    With your medic it would depend on if you still have your NREMT cert or just the State of Ohio. As for the 240 card I think it depends on where you went to school to get the card and also what city you were planning to test for. I know a lot of bigger dept's have their own academy you have to go through.
    Not all states have reciprocity for the NREMT card. Some states will require your taking the state test

Thread Information