Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Help! Adopt a WV Company. Help!

Gentlemen,

I am looking for help. I am a memmber of a brand new start up fire compnay(#7) in Jefferson County WV. We are in need of assistance. If you have anything no matter how old, as long as it is is in working order, we could use it. Everything from handtols, axes, pike pole, saws, flashlights, gear, SCBA, pass alarms ect....

Currently we are running tanker assist only to the other county companys, due to lack of equipment and being so new. We are operating out of a pole barn that is privately owned. The aparattus we do have was bought by the chief personally.

If you have anything, or are upgrading and would like to donate you old stuff, we would be happy to give it a home.

Feel free to contact me for more specific's and details.

Any well established, generous, departmetns out there want to adopt us????

Brian
    bferris01@hotmail.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Have you selected a dept "grant/supply officer" to take charge of this project? Hopefully you have a training officer to own that piece but you need to get organized on the logistics piece.

Contacted your local USDA Rural Development rep?
    Talked to the WV Forester? They have fed grant $ and likely state $. Also the conduit for the FEPP program (DOD surplus).

Hop on over to the Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding forum and search on these. All manner of equipment and funding threads (not just fire grant). You need to get properly organized this fall so you are ready to put in a GOOD Fire Grant in March. And you can find some help in writing it at the forum.

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't forget to talk to Dave Donohue at Station 3. He's the grant man. Glad to see you guys finally got the station up.
    Fir Na Tine
    Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Member

Thanks for the tips, we do have some people working on grants, but I just thought I woud see if any departmetns had anything they would donate to immprove your customer service a little faster.

It is a long road ahead but a rewarding one.

Thanks

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Ok.............

Where are you in Jeffco? Send me a PM if you don't want to post here, I may have a lead on some stuff. Actually, you may have to use email, since you're to registered here yet. My email is pgchief18@firehousemail.com
    Last edited by hwoods; 09-17-2006 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Add email
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Default on the way

I sent you an email, thanks looking forawrd to speaking with you.

Forum Member

Default update

GUy sorry for the ad but check out the compnay
    http://www.airbossdefense.com/

They have agreed to donate 10-15 pair of new bunker boots.
    Marc- thanks again sizes are ont he way.

I also am in talks with a Ohio departement for 10 sets of gear, thanks again
    Please contact me if you can spare anything.

Also does anyone know of a fee webhost for fire departments? I would like to get ours up and start thanking donators

bferris

MembersZone Subscriber

Talk to Bob Burner at Co. 3 about the webhosting. He's the web guru over there.
    Fir Na Tine
    Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Member

Default Update

Just recieved the boots, they look great. Thanks again

I met Marc from the Air-Boss Compnay at the EMS Expo in Vegas, great guy. Anyone looking for new boots should at least take a look.

Brian

Forum Member

Default Whats left ?

Quote Originally Posted by bferris01
    Just recieved the boots, they look great. Thanks again

I met Marc from the Air-Boss Compnay at the EMS Expo in Vegas, great guy. Anyone looking for new boots should at least take a look.

Brian

How's the search going so far ? What equipment have you gotten, and what do you still need ?

Have a safe one.

Forum Member

Default E-mail

I was unable to e-mail you on this site, I am from Ohio and need a contact number so my Chief can call you. Please send me a e-mail at taz7406@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Default Hmmm..

Taz,

I sent you an email, please feel free to pass it on with my contact info to anyone.

Thanks for the support

Be safe

Also for anyone else that may have had the same problem send email to bferris01@hotmail.com

Forum Member

acado64,

Thanks for the interest......So far here the scoop.

I have recieved the bunker boots from Air-Boss. (Thanks Marc)

I am emailing 2 people/companys in Ohio, and talking with one in Maryland but still working on how they can help.

One of the companies from the next county over from us gave a some scott 2.2 we are getting serviced and tested.

Thats the count so far. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Be safe
    Keep up the good work.

Forum Member

Default Hey

Ok, I talked with Bob at Co3, thanks for the info!

Taz ---

I sent you 2 emails and haven't heard anything back? Please email me ASAP. If you can still help out.

All these grants being handed out and nobody else has anything in storage they can spare????????????????????????? ?

Be Safe

Thumbs up Brain Cramp................

There's an outfit called "Helping our Own" That assists needy organizations, they are also a good place to give stuff to, if you get too much of something. I'll look for a url and get back here with it.
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Lightbulb Uhhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by bferris01
    acado64,

Thanks for the interest......So far here the scoop.

I have recieved the bunker boots from Air-Boss. (Thanks Marc)

I am emailing 2 people/companys in Ohio, and talking with one in Maryland but still working on how they can help.

One of the companies from the next county over from us gave a some scott 2.2 we are getting serviced and tested.

Thats the count so far. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Be safe
    Keep up the good work.

What kind of bottles on the Scotts?? Steel, Composite, Aluminum??? AND, I'm still looking for stuff over here.

AND, you use National Standard Fire Hose Thread on your hose couplings, right?
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Default Hi

Mr Woods... Hope things are getting better for you and again thanks for the help.

Yes we are using national standered thread, adn I belive the bottles we have currently are the older steel models.

I will also do a screach for the Helping our Own. Thanks for the direction to look in.

Brian

OHio????????? Not sure wht happened, I haven't gotten any replies from you. Hope all is ok. We will be here when you have a chance.

Forum Member

Default Update

Gentlmen,

Just wanted to update everyone. We currently have all the 2.2 steel and alumnium scba bottles we need. Thank you!!

We can still use any 4.5 scott bottles that you might have to give.

Also still in need of hand tools and adaptors and nossles

Thanks eveyone

Bferris A/C 7

Default What is going on with Helping Our Own?

I got this on e-mail twice in the last few days... Does anyone know what is up with HOO?
    -----------------

Hello Everyone,

This is Mark Warnick, Founder of Helping Our Own. I am writing this letter to inform all of you that I am no longer with Helping Our Own. While being disappointed with the events involved with Helping Our Own, a huge opportunity for Cleo and I presented itself the very next day! I now work as the sales manager for Dalmatian Fire Equipment in Lindon, Utah. Dalmatian Fire Equipment has been the largest donor of equipment to Helping Our Own, so it seemed like a natural fit.

The job offer was from Kim Holman, primary owner and Founder of Dalmatian Fire. Kim (and Trevor Johnston) have been wonderful, and they provided the necessary funding for Cleo, Shadoí and I to make the (approximate) 2000 mile move to Utah, including buying a large amount of groceries for us, getting volunteers to unload our truck, and finding us a condo. They have made the transition as easy as I have ever seen. Dalmatian Fire Equipment wants to help as much as I did through Helping Our Own. I am grateful to be working here I see this opportunity as a way to help needy fire departments in yet another way.

When I arrived at Dalmatian and began working as a salesman, I almost fell off my chair with the Warranty and free offers that come with every SCBA sold. I was amazed to find out that Dalmatian offers a full 10 year warranty on all reconditioned SCBA sold, and they offer free hydro testing and flow testing on the SCBA they sell, for as long as you own the equipment. This truly amazed me!

Think of it, you can by a 2002 compliant Scott AP50 (with an integrated PAK Alert SE, Heads up display and RIC connections) for $1,995.00 and receive free flow and hydro testing for as long as you own the SCBA. That warranty even covers the MSA Ultralite II that you can buy for $495.00. Before coming to Dalmatian, I never heard of a brand new (never used) Carbon Cylinder for $450.00. Thatís quite a bit less than any price I have ever seen.

Should you ever have any equipment needs, please feel free to contact me. If you would like to be added to our sales specials list please send me your fax number, or sign up for our e-mail list at

http://www.dalmatianfire.com/compone...mml/Itemid,71/

I look forward to serving your departments with the most competitive prices on the market and I promise that you will not be sorry should or when you buy from Dalmatian Fire.

I want you all to know that through the co-operation and assistance of Dalmatian Fire, we have begun the process of organizing FIRE AID USA a non-profit organization FIRE AID USA will be managed by business people and fire fighters who I honestly believe have extremely high levels of integrity, honesty and above all business morality. J

Please feel free to contact me for any reason, Ö. Mark

P.S. We are actively seeking firefighters to become a local salesman for Dalmatian Fire Equipment in every state. Please feel free to contact me if your interested.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.Ē
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Post Wow............

That is VERY interesting. I get a ton of emails, but not that one.
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information