MembersZone Subscriber

Default Virginia LODD - John Paul Memory

From VAFIRENEWS.COM:

Isle of Wight County - It is with regret that we inform you of the untimely death of Firefighter John Paul Memory, 19 of the Carrollton Volunteer Fire Department. Memory collapsed while heading up an extrication demonstration in Franklin, Virginia at the Patriot's Day Celebration. A scholarship fund has been set up in his name by the Carrollton VFD.

There is more information with several links at www.vafirenews.com .

I am sure there will be more information out tomorrow.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Lodd

This is all I was able to find today:

FRANKLIN - A 19-year-old Carrollton volunteer firefighter, named his department's firefighter of the year in 2005, died Saturday while participating in a training exercise.

John Paul Memory III, a firefighter and emergency medical technician, collapsed shortly after 1 p.m., said Fire Chief Joel Acree.

"J.P.," as he was known by friends, was leading other department members in performing an extrication demonstration as part of Franklin's Patriot's Day celebration.

Acree said Memory told fellow fighters he was not feeling well just moments before he collapsed.

Memory had no history of medical problems, Acree said, and the cause of his death was not immediately known.

Memory, a Newport News native and 2006 graduate of Smithfield High School, was a three -year veteran of the department.

A memorial scholarship fund has been established in his name. Donations may be sent to: The JP Memory Memorial Scholarship Fund, c/o Carrollton Volunteer Fire Department, P.O. Box 77, Carrollton, VA 23314.

Keep an eye out on VAFIRENEWS.COM . There will be more information posted as it comes in. The Carrollton VFD, where MEMORY was a firefighter, has a website on the Isle of Wight County page. I have not been able to find any other site related. Both sites links are on the VAFIRENEWS site. If anyone else has any information, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have not heard of any funeral arrangements yet.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

19 years old *sigh*

My sympathies to the Carrollton Volunteer Fire Department and the Memory family.

Sleep with angels, J.P.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

May You Rest In Peace J.p.

Forum Member

Default Thank you

Thank you for your thoughts about JP. He is my brother and you have no idea how much it means to hear people talk about him and think so highly of him. We miss him and love him so much.

Forum Member

Default John 'JP' Memory II Memorial

My condolences to the Memory family and the members of the Carrollton Volunteer Fire Department of Carrollton, Virginia. I have created a permanent memorial for FireFighter/EMT John 'JP' Memory II on my website. It can be viewed at:

http://www.firefightinglinks.com/jmemory.html

If there is any additional information or photos you would like added to this memorial, please contact me.

Shawn McDonald
    [firefightinglinks@snet.net]

Thread Information