Thread: Globe Magnum

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Globe Magnum

Any one tried the new Glober Magnum boots? (link) From what I've seen of em they look great. I havn't been able to find a dealer that carries them or even an online store for that matter.
    Fir Na Tine
    Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Member

Tried them on in Baltimore. They were very comfortable, but fugly as hell.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

MembersZone Subscriber

I havn't been able to find a dealer that carries them or even an online store for that matter.
    Globe is shipping the boots out to all dealers on the 22nd (Friday) with the dealers selling them as fast as they receive them. No one is getting them until then.
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

Forum Member

Talking

I tried on a par at the New England Fire Rescue Expo. They made my Warrington Pro5000's feel like rubber boots in comparison.

They may be fugly, but they fit oh so nice!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Default To ugly for me

I tried them on at FDIC. Not bad for comfort, but the models they showed at FRI this weekend alrteady had cracks in them, so I'm worried about the durability. How long does it take them to make those darn boots ? Still not available, but they've been showing them off for more than 6 months already. I like our Pro's, also getting my newbies into those boss boots from airboss. Cheaper than the pro's, and almost as comfy. The globe's are too disco for my taste, and too expensive for my budget.

Forum Member

To all:

We started our wear tests about a month ago and we should have boots in our store around the 1st of October. We can only sell to FF's in Illinois and areas not covered by a Globe Dealer currently. If you are interested in the boots, shoot me an e-mail and I can let you know who is your nearest dealer.

Thank you and have a good day!

rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Forum Member

Default Hi rfd599 !

Do you carry the boss boot from airboss ? I'm having problems finding a dealer in my area.

Forum Member

Acado64:

Yes, we are an Air Boss Dealer, we just don't have them listed on our website. Shoot me an e-mail if you need info or pricing at ebfiresafety@insightbb.com.

Thank you,

rfd599

Forum Member

Default where are they?

I've been asking for info and all I get is the same flyer for the last 6 months. They said they don't have a dealer for Iowa so I'm checking out the guy's store from Illinios and hopefully he can help me out. I'm really only interested in the 6" step in for duty boots/EMS calls.

Hey, how old are you guys? They don't look that "disco"!!! A little yellow does a boot good. :-)

B SAFE!

DPH

Forum Member

Default THREAD HIJACK d'oh

since we are on the topic of a new boot what about Black Diamonds new X-boot link ??

Forum Member

Default Saw those boots at FRI

I wasn't that impressed with them. They look good from afar. But up close they look and feel more like a plastic boot than a leather boot. The feel was average, not even close to our Pro's, or even the boss for that matter. I'd rather save me some real money and get a good pair of rubber boots, or two even, instead of buying just an average leather boot. My local dealer told me it was made in China, which I'm not too fond of either even if they are cheaper. I'm union through and through, and I don't like it when these guys take our union brothers' jobs to China. Made in USA all the way !

Forum Member

Does anybody know if The Fire store will pick'em up or any other online dealer that can sell nationally?

Forum Member

Huston:

I received your e-mail today and forwarded it on to our regional rep. I should have a concrete answer by Wed. or Thursday. Sorry for the delayed response, but I was in Atlanta for a meeting today and had to travel from ATL back to Chicago this evening, so I am just getting around to e-mail.

Challenger:

I don't believe TheFireStore will have these boots or that they will be made available nationally. Globe is very protective of its dealer network and works hard to make sure that they have exclusive rights to certain territories.

If anyone is searching for a local dealer, I can probably point you in the right direction. My e-mail is ebfiresafety@insightbb.com.

rfd599
    Nick Dinges, V.P.

Forum Member

Question Want them magnum's!!!

i'm hopfully a future probie with Balto city FD (just completed oral and agility) Really feelling those magnum's and i'm taking in yall's opinion of them, but wondering their average price and if B-more would let me wear'm on the fireground! anyone from B-more, MD?

Forum Member

DWBC:

We are selling them for:

14" Pull-On (1-11): $274.95 + s/h
    14" Pull-On (12+): $264.95 + s/h

12" Front Zip (1-11): $299.95 + s/h
    12" Front Zip (12+): $289.95 + s/h

I am guessing that is is about an average price for them.

Good luck!

rfd599

Forum Member

Default Made in China?

I was told by a Globe official at FRI that the boots where made in the USA (Maine).
    Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way.

Forum Member

Default From what I have been told

The boots are made outside of the US. Somewhere in Asia most likely. Magnum is a division of a UK based company, that manufactures their stuff overseas. Magnum has several plants around the world, and yes they do have one in Maine (Lewiston) but they make combat boots for military purposes apparently. The name of the plant in Maine is Falcon Footwear. Rumor has it they are going bankrupt.
    For an asian import, or even for a boot made in the US, doesn't the price seem a bit steep ? Its probably the most expensive boot in the market now, without really offering anything more than what the others already have (apart from copying the Haix look with the moon boots). I think there are several alternatives out there that will do the job better (Pro's & Haix) and are cheaper.

Forum Member

rfd599 - thanks for the emails and finding out if you can sell to us in IA (BTW - he can). I appreciate the work. I may be in contact.

They are a little steeper than I was thinking for a regular duty boot (6" slip on), but maybe they are that good. I haven't had the opportunity to try one out. I was looking for a duty boot that slips on other than just Bates. Anyone got anyother suggestions?

l8tr - stay safe,
    DPH

Forum Member

Angry get the facts

Quote Originally Posted by acado64
    I wasn't that impressed with them. They look good from afar. But up close they look and feel more like a plastic boot than a leather boot. The feel was average, not even close to our Pro's, or even the boss for that matter. I'd rather save me some real money and get a good pair of rubber boots, or two even, instead of buying just an average leather boot. My local dealer told me it was made in China, which I'm not too fond of either even if they are cheaper. I'm union through and through, and I don't like it when these guys take our union brothers' jobs to China. Made in USA all the way !
    The boots are made in Maine. You cannot get any more American than that!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by acado64
    The boots are made outside of the US. Somewhere in Asia most likely. Magnum is a division of a UK based company, that manufactures their stuff overseas. Magnum has several plants around the world, and yes they do have one in Maine (Lewiston) but they make combat boots for military purposes apparently. The name of the plant in Maine is Falcon Footwear. Rumor has it they are going bankrupt.
    For an asian import, or even for a boot made in the US, doesn't the price seem a bit steep ? Its probably the most expensive boot in the market now, without really offering anything more than what the others already have (apart from copying the Haix look with the moon boots). I think there are several alternatives out there that will do the job better (Pro's & Haix) and are cheaper.
    Must be a Black Diamond person making the rumor of going bankrupt. 90% of the black boot market is Falcon Footwear. Get the facts!

Forum Member

Talking

Thanks rfd599! by the way, for anyone wondering, i was just doing some research and my wannabe probie a#@ will make sure i bust the suds, make the coffee, take out the trash and learn all i can in school and at my first house before i start trying to buy stuff!!! (another member's concern)

Forum Member

Default 24rocks

Quote Originally Posted by 24rocks
    Must be a Black Diamond person making the rumor of going bankrupt. 90% of the black boot market is Falcon Footwear. Get the facts!
    Don't know where you got those numbers from, but thats way off the info I have. Falcon definitely doesn't make 90% of the leather fire boots in the market today. Haix is made in Germany (look at the label), Lacrosse is made in China (Look at the label), Thorogood is made in China (look at the label) and Pro Warrington's are made in USA (not by Falcon, but by North Safety i.e. Pro Warrington). Black Diamond has their leather boots made in Asia... so that pretty much covers the entire, or at least 95% of the black (Leather) boot market. That leaves very little for Falcon. I may be wrong on the globe leather boot, but thats the info I have been told, but have not been able to verify since the boots aren't even in the market yet. And my source for info hasn't been too far off so far, as all the other info on the boots above he was right.

What I heard is that Falcon was making the new leather boot from airboss, and thats it. So if you want made in america leather boots, better go see airboss or Pro.

Have a safe one !

Forum Member

Default Mis-information

LaCrosse Leather boots ARE NOT MADE IN CHINA. I am looking at the label now. UNION MADE-PORTLAND OREGON-USA. These boots are not off-shore product in any way. These boots are 100% USA MADE. Please, if yoou are going to shout from the roof-tops in a public forum, have the correct information. Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth, and remove all doubts...

Forum Member

Default Beg to differ

Quote Originally Posted by LAFIRE1938
    LaCrosse Leather boots ARE NOT MADE IN CHINA. I am looking at the label now. UNION MADE-PORTLAND OREGON-USA. These boots are not off-shore product in any way. These boots are 100% USA MADE. Please, if yoou are going to shout from the roof-tops in a public forum, have the correct information. Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth, and remove all doubts...
    I did not shout from any roof tops. I only provided info I had found after some research. The Lacrosse boots are partly assembled in Oregon, but the parts are asian made. They only have to have 51% of the content to be labeled made in USA. The other 49% is asian made. Given the high cost of US workers, only partial assembly in the US lets them get away with labeling it made in america. Actually the boots are only have only about 15% US content.

If you believe everything you read, you're in for a rude awakening. Labeling such as you see on the Lacrosse boots is not federally dictated. They can say made in USA, with only an actual minimal portion made in USA. So before you blast me for something you obviously haven't researched at all (you just looked at your boots), please be more inclined to listen and ask questions so you don't end up looking like a fool...

Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth, and remove all doubts...

Better luck next time.

Have a safe one.

Forum Member

Default Again, some mis-information

If you believe that, you should take the tour, as I have. If you don't want to take my word, as the member of the City of Baton Rouge, LA FD who've been on the tour. The boots are 100% assembeled in the US, as well as made from US componatry. Vibram USA makes the soles. there are vibram manufactures in China as well as Europe, but these are US versions. The liner is Cross Tech, a Gore product-100% USA, The leather comes from Wisconsin, I believe that is still in the US? I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I actually do have the full picture on this one. Please, if you are not sure, call someone whos been to the factory. I have. have you?

Thread Information