Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Unhappy My Sincere Apology

I started this new thread to comment on my latest discusstion in the "Emergency Vehicle Operations" forum section, I am truly sorry for the way I acted and the comments that I made in that forum. My intentions were not to blast the EMT's and the Paramedics that were on scene of that call, my intentions were to paint a picture of how pork barrell politicts work in a small town like mine to where we have almost 8,800 residents and where our police department has almost 40 officers for a town with less than 10,000 residents. If anyone thought that I was blasting the Emergency Medical Personell and the Medics, you are truly wrong. My intentions were not to make any type of stab at them. I truly give them 115% and they went above and beyond the call of duty that day.

If anyone thinks that I should be thrown off of Firehouse.com for the way I acted I am ok with that. I extremely enjoy showing off my opinion in these forums cause I am shy and afraid to voice my opinion in public.

I have been suspended from the fire service for reasons I cannot expose and this is the only way I can somewhat take part in firefighting without going on calls and of the such. And like I stated before, if anyone thinks that I should be thrown out of my dept or be taken off Firehouse.com well then I am cool with that, I have no problems going back to my regular life before I decided to become a firefighter like everyone else in this great country. I will go back living my dark and lonley life before I met great people in this line of work.

Thanks to all who have contrubited to my posts and threads and I hope someone out there will understand where I am coming from and I also hope that I can meet better and nicer people in the world like I did in here.

"Good Night and God Speed America!"
    Last edited by Firefighter8473; 09-18-2006 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Cool

Yeesh. Don't be so hard on yourself.

We all make mistakes. You posted this thread to explain yourself, apologise, and admit your wrong-doings. For this you have my respect. Now let's move on.

before we get cozy..................http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...577#post717577
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter8473
    I have been suspended from the fire service for reasons I cannot expose...

I'm not surprised after reading your other posts. You ought to think long and hard before publicly badmouthing or second guessing your own dept or those you work with. I don't care how shy you are in person, that doesn't give you the right to go online with relative anonymity and run your mouth. That's a real chicken***** thing to do, and even if you were the same way in real life, it doesn't make it any more acceptable. I've known guys like you, and trust me when I say, they don't last long at all. Even if they do manage to hang around, they sure don't have any friends or respect. Do you really wanna be that guy?

I will go back living my dark and lonley life...
    Please, spare us the sob story. You and you alone are responsible for the life you lead and the person you are. It's up to you how you treat people and want to be treated in return. Clearly there's a reason you got suspended, so instead of blaming everyone else and being bitter or depressed about it, figure out where you went astray and work on it. Good luck.
    Last edited by Chauffer6; 09-19-2006 at 01:52 AM.

Forum Member

Cool My problem

Thanks for all the support from everyone who responded back to me. The only thing that I can tell eveyone why I got suspended is that I am involved in the legal system and I am charged with 2nd degree assualt and 3rd degree child endangerment. Thats all I can reveal about me. I have not been suspended because I was bad mouthing my fire department, I was thrown out because of those charges.

Most of your postings here on this forum are you bad mouthing your fellow firefighters, questioning their decision making abilities, and insulting everyone with a position of authority. I don't care if you don't like some of your officers or politicans, it doesn't justify anything your doing here. Then you actually admit you do it here because you can hide behind the internet and not actually man up to your opinion. Please, spare me. Your shyness sure didn't keep you from getting arrested.

Regardinig the thread you are specificly refering to, i don't buy a word of this 'apology'. You were crystal clear in what you said about everyone involved in that incident. You then confirmed all of it when i questioned it. You can't just say the opposite in another thread and expect everyone to believe that you didn't really mean all the stuff you said. Expecially concidering your short and sad posting history here where bad mouthing and complaining is about all you do.

Saying you got suspended because you are "involved in the legal system" is cute. Allow me to translate... You got suspended becase of criminal activity that has placed you into the CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM. I don't know what you did or didn't to who and how you managed to get caught up in it. For all I know, you could be completely innocent and were framed. However, given the personality you have portrayed for yourself here, I doubt many people are surprised or expecting exoneration.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

8473, It is none of our business why you were suspended. Don't even mention that here. there shouldn't be any other comments on that, regardless what we may personaly think. It's not for here.

I'm new to posting in the forum, so I haven't had the chance to check out all of 8473's postings. But from what I have read, I can definitely understand the anger towards 8473 from the other members here. You never bash anyone else without being ready to deal with the repocussions. Although you say you don't speak out publicly, I can almost bet that you are not the most enjoyable person at the station. Probably a few too many smart remarks when orders or plans are given during calls or drills. Maybe you boycott calls and make just the minimum requirements (if your're POC/vollie). I do not know you, so I am not one to judge, but that is what I've seen from similar persons from departments around the country.

We are all in the service, and I guarantee, as I've personally seen, that all departments have issues of some sort and they have the same problems around the country. Yours is no different. There are politics in the higher heirarchy of the fire service, regardless of how small or big the departments are. Fire Administrations become more tied to the City governement structure while maintaining structure for the fireground/ems and everyday ops. As an Lt, you should start to see this by now. Now whether or not you agree with the politics is not your position. I don't agree with all of the directives my chief-staff hands out, but it is not my job to bash those directives. As an officer, I can question those directives if there are safety/liability issues, but those concerns go directly to the chief officers and the executive commitee, not some forum to announce to the world. The forums are in place to pass along information, inquire to situations, etc.

You mention you are young. I used to be in your shoes, too. I wore my emotions on my sleeves and thankfully, I have outgrown most of that. If you haven't done so already, take your fire management and leadership classes. Keep your head and keep an open mind. Things in our world do not go our way. there are 48 billion stars, galaxies, and planets in this universe (not that I've personally counted), and at last check, none of them revolve around me, or anyone else here... Keep that in mind. we need to adapt and work with each other, and if we are not at a scene or incident, we don't know what happened. No questions.

No good will come of this. Apology or not you have posted derogatory remarks about your FD and the people associated with it. Whether what you posted is true or not you can count on someone seeing your remarks and being forwared to your FD to be read by the officers. By the time your suspension ends you may find that you are not welcome in the fraternity anymore and they have decided to send you packing.
    It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened to a member of this forum.
    Steve
    EMT/Security Officer

Forum Member

Default Felt Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Weruj1
    before we get cozy..................http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...577#post717577
    I almost felt bad for him until WERUJ graciously linked to the previous post. Now, I have no sympathy for him. If he was suspended from the department for "being involved in the legal system" whatever the heck that means than he is no longer a firifighter, even though he portrays himself as one. I have researched many of his posts and the only word I could use to describe him is WHACKER.

Jon

Forum Member

Default Thrown Out

Thanks for all the support from everyone who responded back to me. The only thing that I can tell eveyone why I got suspended is that I am involved in the legal system and I am charged with 2nd degree assualt and 3rd degree child endangerment. Thats all I can reveal about me. I have not been suspended because I was bad mouthing my fire department, I was thrown out because of those charges.

you said it yourself, you were "thrown out" I don't care what the reason was for, but if you were thrown out than you are nothing but a whacker troll on here, badmouthing your "former" department becuase they suspended you. Forgive me if I read between the lines but second degree assault and child endangerment to me sounds like a "CHILD ABUSER" as well. If that is the case, than please go back to your sad and lonely life.

Jon

Thumbs down

Notice how he claims a few times to have been "suspended", only to seemingly slip up with "I was thrown out" in the end. Not that I was looking for any honesty out of a guy like him, but still. Just the type of mutt that can give the fire service a black eye. I can just envision the headline in his local paper saying something like "Local FIREFIGHTER arrested and charged with felony assault and child abuse." And to think he was a lieutenant too...wow. Sorry, but as someone who had one of our own guys busted and convicted for multiple counts of felony arson IN OUR OWN DISTRICT, you'll find I have basically zero tolerance for firefighters that act like scumbags. The best (or worst) part is that this guy had the BALLS to badmouth the OTHER members of his dept. Unreal.

Incidentally, I believe in NJ assault 2 is with a deadly weapon and/or with intent to inflict serious bodily injury...and child endangerment 3 involves some sort of sexual abuse, not just "oops I left the kid home alone by accident". Both felonies.

Forum Member

Default Assault

Quote Originally Posted by Chauffer6
    Notice how he claims a few times to have been "suspended", only to seemingly slip up with "I was thrown out" in the end. Not that I was looking for any honesty out of a guy like him, but still. Just the type of mutt that can give the fire service a black eye. I can just envision the headline in his local paper saying something like "Local FIREFIGHTER arrested and charged with felony assault and child abuse." And to think he was a lieutenant too...wow. Sorry, but as someone who had one of our own guys busted and convicted for multiple counts of felony arson IN OUR OWN DISTRICT, you'll find I have basically zero tolerance for firefighters that act like scumbags. The best (or worst) part is that this guy had the BALLS to badmouth the OTHER members of his dept. Unreal.

Incidentally, I believe in NJ assault 2 is with a deadly weapon and/or with intent to inflict serious bodily injury...and child endangerment 3 involves some sort of sexual abuse, not just "oops I left the kid home alone by accident". Both felonies.

I said "CHILD ABUSER" as I did not want to be the one to come out and say "DIDDLER"

Last edited by WMFF12; 09-20-2006 at 11:44 PM.
    Giggity - Giggity!

Jeez..... Maybe he was "thrown out", or "suspended", for a number of things...

-Badmouthing his fellow Brothers....
    -Getting "involved in the legal system"
    -Or being a general stool sample....

If he did do something to a kid, I hope they throw the book at him...
    Giggity - Giggity!

Forum Member

If anyone thinks that I should be thrown off of Firehouse.com for the way I acted I am ok with that.

please throw yourself off firehouse.com. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Weruj1
    Thanks for enlightening me Weruj1....*pulls foot out of mouth* Forgive my ignorance.

I see now this Firefighter8473 is a flake. And according to his post..A flake that endangers and assaults children....Now that pi**es me off.

Forum Member

8473... you are a knucklehead... and you can't spell. You've never gotten a truck stuck by accident? Hah.. you haven't handled one for very long, or you live in a concrete jungle. I can tell you about some classic stuck apparatus tales, by the best firefighters in the business... some of them got pretty hilarious... thence... the 15000lb winch and a snatch block, the yank out is paid for.
    I would wonder more about the heavy apparatus response for an LZ setup call.... but I WASN'T THERE!

Your attitude would definately warrant a visit to the hotseat in your Chief's office. Or better yet, standing at parade rest, waiting for a professional ***** chewing. Live and Learn,, It'll give you character.

later, kid
    Chief Frank Rizzio
    Pea Ridge Fire Dept.
    Pea Ridge AR. 72751

Forum Member

Why do you feel it necessary to pour your story out to everyone. No one really cares what you did. I think you are trying to get sympathy from people. Whatever you did, deal with it, face up to it and get it over with. Move on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire
    Most of your postings here on this forum are you bad mouthing your fellow firefighters, questioning their decision making abilities, and insulting everyone with a position of authority. I don't care if you don't like some of your officers or politicans, it doesn't justify anything your doing here. Then you actually admit you do it here because you can hide behind the internet and not actually man up to your opinion. Please, spare me. Your shyness sure didn't keep you from getting arrested.

Regardinig the thread you are specificly refering to, i don't buy a word of this 'apology'. You were crystal clear in what you said about everyone involved in that incident. You then confirmed all of it when i questioned it. You can't just say the opposite in another thread and expect everyone to believe that you didn't really mean all the stuff you said. Expecially concidering your short and sad posting history here where bad mouthing and complaining is about all you do.

Saying you got suspended because you are "involved in the legal system" is cute. Allow me to translate... You got suspended becase of criminal activity that has placed you into the CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM. I don't know what you did or didn't to who and how you managed to get caught up in it. For all I know, you could be completely innocent and were framed. However, given the personality you have portrayed for yourself here, I doubt many people are surprised or expecting exoneration.
    I don't know the history between you two, I don't know what transpired during "the incident" you all talk about. I do know that the person who is bad mouthing officers on the internet and can't do it face to face is a coward. I don't say that to bash him, I simply speak the truth. I am the Chief of my dept. Hearing that a FF is trash talking his officers tells me he will get no where in his dept or in life. NMfire, you must know this guy because of the things you said in this posting. I agree with you. I also work for a Sheriff's Office. I am a C/O and a deputy in a jail. I think he is making excuses and can't admit he got himself into some trouble. Giulty or innocent, he should be man enough to say he is dealing with the court system or something like that. The sooner he does this, the better we all will be, not having to listen to it anymore.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Capitan
    8473, It is none of our business why you were suspended. Don't even mention that here. there shouldn't be any other comments on that, regardless what we may personaly think. It's not for here.

I'm new to posting in the forum, so I haven't had the chance to check out all of 8473's postings. But from what I have read, I can definitely understand the anger towards 8473 from the other members here. You never bash anyone else without being ready to deal with the repocussions. Although you say you don't speak out publicly, I can almost bet that you are not the most enjoyable person at the station. Probably a few too many smart remarks when orders or plans are given during calls or drills. Maybe you boycott calls and make just the minimum requirements (if your're POC/vollie). I do not know you, so I am not one to judge, but that is what I've seen from similar persons from departments around the country.

We are all in the service, and I guarantee, as I've personally seen, that all departments have issues of some sort and they have the same problems around the country. Yours is no different. There are politics in the higher heirarchy of the fire service, regardless of how small or big the departments are. Fire Administrations become more tied to the City governement structure while maintaining structure for the fireground/ems and everyday ops. As an Lt, you should start to see this by now. Now whether or not you agree with the politics is not your position. I don't agree with all of the directives my chief-staff hands out, but it is not my job to bash those directives. As an officer, I can question those directives if there are safety/liability issues, but those concerns go directly to the chief officers and the executive commitee, not some forum to announce to the world. The forums are in place to pass along information, inquire to situations, etc.

You mention you are young. I used to be in your shoes, too. I wore my emotions on my sleeves and thankfully, I have outgrown most of that. If you haven't done so already, take your fire management and leadership classes. Keep your head and keep an open mind. Things in our world do not go our way. there are 48 billion stars, galaxies, and planets in this universe (not that I've personally counted), and at last check, none of them revolve around me, or anyone else here... Keep that in mind. we need to adapt and work with each other, and if we are not at a scene or incident, we don't know what happened. No questions.
    Capitan, would you come to my VFD and tell everyone what you said in the 2nd paragraph? They forget that too.

Thread Information