Permanently Removed

Default FINALLY- Man stands up for public safety in media video.

About time! A Public Safety Rep. says it like it is and puts the media in place! You need to view this...

The video link- Representive fights for killed SF Police Officer

This Speaker- A guy who is the head of the San Francisco Police Officer's Association- Gary Delagnes.

The suspect- Petrilli [the felon that hit officer Birco] was on probation for car theft, and out on bail on charges of burglary and having sex with an underage girl.

He was also charged but never convicted in two other police car chase incidents. Past charges also included drug and gun possession and auto theft. Police sources also say in the past he was connected with the Norteno gang.

The new video link- KTTV News Story
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 09-19-2006 at 02:32 PM.

Forum Member
    On the flatest land around! (In central Il.)

Interesting. I wish the media would get a taste of that more often.

Forum Member

Did you notr how the media took right to asking about the scumbag's rights.....(in order to not offend certain people prowling on the board who have criticised me in the past that should probably be alleged scumbag ).....and not about their failure to do what is right, or to challenge the judge's past actions.

I like that guy. He ought to run for mayor of that freaking city. Probably turn that little worm Gavin Newsom on his ear if he had to be held accountable for things.

Freaking liberals.

Freaking press.

Bou, I have no idea how you could possibly stand it in that area man.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Way to give the media a wake-up call! I don't know what the policies/laws are in CA regarding police pursuits, but I'm fairly certain that around here if the person has committed a dangerous and/or harmful felony (e.g.- Armed Robbery) then it is acceptable to pursue. That is, if the officers deem the conditions are safe.

Either way, I hope that *****head gets what he deserves.
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    Bou, I have no idea how you could possibly stand it in that area man.
    I am with you Sharkie. Been trying to get out of the area for 5+ years now. Getting close.

Forum Member

There was a US Supreme Court case in 1998 (County of Sacremento v Lewis) that says police not only have the right to pursue, but are expected to pursue suspects.

In that case, the triggering event was a driver failing to stop for a police officer hand signal.

In fact the Supreme Court said, "A police officer does not violate substantive due process by causing death through deliberate or reckless indifference to life in a high-speed automobile chase aimed at apprehending a suspected offender."

The San Francisco media is way off base in questioning the motives of the SFPD, IMO.
    Last edited by kd7fds; 09-19-2006 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelled county wrong

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU
    I am with you Sharkie. Been trying to get out of the area for 5+ years now. Getting close.
    It took me years to get out of Massachusetts (many parts being equivalent to the maroons in San Francisco and much of California.) I am living proof that it can be done.

Best wishes to you in your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by kd7fds
    There was a US Supreme Court case in 1998 (County of Sacremento v Lewis) that says police not only have the right to pursue, but are expected to pursue suspects.

In that case, the triggering event was a driver failing to stop for a police officer hand signal.

In fact the Supreme Court said, "A police officer does not violate substantive due process by causing death through deliberate or reckless indifference to life in a high-speed automobile chase aimed at apprehending a suspected offender."

The San Francisco media is way off base in questioning the motives of the SFPD, IMO.
    How dare you have the unmitigated gall to introduce facts into the discussion and challenge the almighty 4th estate.

Don't you know that press is never wrong? Don't you know that they have to worry about ratings dammit! They don't have times for facts, they only have time to get the sound clip in so they get better ratings.

Sheesh!
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Permanently Removed

Best wishes to you in your quest.
    Thanks bro....I just got good news about a week ago. I might be punching out soon!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU
    Thanks bro....I just got good news about a week ago. I might be punching out soon!
    PM me where. Just curious. Won't tell. Besides, I am 3,000 miles away from you.

Forum Member

Hey Sharkie if you've never lived here how do you know what it's like?
    Bye Bou guess you'll have change your handle

Permanently Removed

Some clearification. I will be leaving the Bay Area, not Cali.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

WOW. I like this guy! Its been a long time since I've heard anyone speak from the heart like that. Other than the link of the LTC(?) addressing the Army Graduating class a few months ago. They are about equal as it gets I think.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SON044
    Hey Sharkie if you've never lived here how do you know what it's like?
    Bye Bou guess you'll have change your handle
    Because California, the politics, and the political stances/beliefs of the apparent majority of the population is about on par with the loons I lived/worked with in Massachusetts.

No desire to move to a state/area/region that I cannot afford to buy a house in, cannot own my firearms without rediculous government intervention, unaccountable politicians (that is the biggest challenge), and a media/public who challenges the actions of a DEAD police officer without at least acknowledging the facts-in-evidence against a scumbag perpetrator who has a criminal history that would make Al Capone envious.

Excuse me if you don't like the fact that I don't like California. If you like it, fine. I have no desire to visit (except to maybe see Bou and the Giant Sequoias.)

I have even less of a desire to visit San Francisco. Not my idea of an inviting place to go. And that is without even bringing in the wacked out politics of San Francisco itself.

Permanently Removed

Excuse me if you don't like the fact that I don't like California. If you like it, fine. I have no desire to visit (except to maybe see Bou and the Giant Sequoias.)

Yeah, thanks! Once you visit, we will be up late telling Sig stories!

California isnt that bad. Its just unfortunate the state has the spot light on it 24/7. I wish we could get off of the radar sometimes. Maybe put Las Vegas, Idaho and New Mexico up there some more.

Oh yeah- Just a side note- the SF area is just a little different from the rest of the state.

I am glad this video is out. I would love to see this guy represent the fire people, it would be sweet.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 09-20-2006 at 02:12 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I can't play it on my computer at work so when I get home I will have a look. As for San Fran, I just ignore the bits that bother me. (which means I ignore a fair portion of it!).

Best wishes to you Bou. After my trips down under, that is the next place I want to live. Sydney beats SF 100 times over (I told people in SF that and I thought I was going be chucked in the Bay for saying that their city was not perfect.).

As for the media, hmm yes, they do have a tendency to skew the news a bit.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default speech

Kudos to this guy - he should run for office - but then again he sounds like he knows the bad guys from the good guys and some voters out there have problems with people like that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7
    WOW. I like this guy! Its been a long time since I've heard anyone speak from the heart like that. Other than the link of the LTC(?) addressing the Army Graduating class a few months ago. They are about equal as it gets I think.

Incidentally, could you post that link again? I can't find it and if it's who I think it is, it's a guy by the name of LTC Kearsey. Man, could that guy really get us going. I graduated from there about 6 years ago, but would love to hear a clip of that man speaking in public again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbrooks
    Incidentally, could you post that link again? I can't find it and if it's who I think it is, it's a guy by the name of LTC Kearsey. Man, could that guy really get us going. I graduated from there about 6 years ago, but would love to hear a clip of that man speaking in public again.
    I'm pretty sure he was referring to this speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbOcJ6kqJAA which is LTC Randolph C. White Jr. speaking at the graduation in Ft. Benning, GA.
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for replying. That was worth hearing. huah

MembersZone Subscriber

It is about time that someone stated what we all think...I have alot of respect for this Police Officer/Union Official.

However, I challange you show me a large city, liberal or otherwise, that people don't question the Police first. It happens everywhere, and the ignorant comments directed to the San Francisco area ignore the fact that while there are radical elements everywhere, at least in San Francisco people are willing to stand up and take a stand on an issue...ANY issue..... they have a problem with, rather than a majority of the country that will lie down and pretty much take anything.

San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley are all places that people use their given "Freedoms" and all you can do is criticise it. One of the comments that really gets me is when people call free speech "Unamerican".

There is nothing MORE "American" than free speech, even when its something you dont want to hear. Guess what, you are "free" to walk away...

off soapbox...
    -------------------------------------
    "An aggressive interior attack does not mean just going inside to put out a fire. THAT'S just doing our job...."
    IAFF Local 55

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OFD226
    It is about time that someone stated what we all think...I have alot of respect for this Police Officer/Union Official.

However, I challange you show me a large city, liberal or otherwise, that people don't question the Police first. It happens everywhere, and the ignorant comments directed to the San Francisco area ignore the fact that while there are radical elements everywhere, at least in San Francisco people are willing to stand up and take a stand on an issue...ANY issue..... they have a problem with, rather than a majority of the country that will lie down and pretty much take anything.

San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley are all places that people use their given "Freedoms" and all you can do is criticise it. One of the comments that really gets me is when people call free speech "Unamerican".

There is nothing MORE "American" than free speech, even when its something you dont want to hear. Guess what, you are "free" to walk away...

off soapbox...

You are correct, but I have no desire to visit, travel to/through, or live there.

Radical elements are everywhere, I just do not wish to live in an area where there is a collection of it. The same held true when I lived in Massachusetts and had to drive through Cambridge, Amherst, Provincetown, or North Hampton.

My comments may be "ignorant" but they are how I feel, and you know nothing about me. It is simply an area that has no appeal to me

I prefer to live in an area where there is immense natural beauty and a large amount of outdoor activity to be enjoyed right out my backdoor. I also do not wish to live in or near a major metropolitan area. Unfortunately this will not happen for me for a few more years.

Additionally, because the populace - more disgracefully the media - do something without factual foundation does not make it right. Sadly it does happen everywhere.

Permanently Removed

OFD226- Where have you been man? I have been looking for you. Even hit up some of the Oakland brothas. Dont be such a stranger!

-Bou

MembersZone Subscriber

Bou - lurking is ever so much more fun...only step in when my liberal tendencies can no longer contain themselves
    "An aggressive interior attack does not mean just going inside to put out a fire. THAT'S just doing our job...."
    IAFF Local 55

Permanently Removed

OFD226- Oh...weak man. I see Oakland is looking at the 48x96 work schedule. I am shocked! What gives?

Local 55 pride!

MembersZone Subscriber

It will never happen...don't believe the hype. They also said they were going to hire Engineers outside the department, and you can see how far that went...

We are too busy to work 48 Hrs straight...plenty of stations are doing 5 or more runs between midnight and 0600 hours, its not healthy for one shift, let alone 2 straight shifts.
    IAFF Local 55

Thread Information