Forum Member

Default NJ Fireman's Convention

Just wondering if anyone here attended this years convention. It seemed a little quieter than usual.

Forum Member

I attended the convention this year. I was sitting at Larkins. It was a great parade and a wonderful weekend.

I especially enjoyed the pipe and drum corps that performed in the parade. It was such as moving moment. The Middlesex County pipe and drums stopped by Shakers on Friday and performed. It is unfortunate that everyone could not be quiet while they played.

I am looking forward to next years.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JHawkins23
    Just wondering if anyone here attended this years convention. It seemed a little quieter than usual.
    If it was quiet, you were in the wrong part of town!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

I was drunk there, right across the street from "REEN", or Green's Licquer. It was pretty loud where I was at. Heck, we had a DJ all day, as there normally is.

MembersZone Subscriber

I Went down on Friday for the day...wasnt really too impressed with the tents they keep dwindling year after year. Luckily they werent as crowded. Fire apparatus display pretty cool...got alot of new ideas for our new midmount. As far as everything else....was thinking "theres no place like home" as I was about to leave. Next year...Im most likely going to attend if our new truck is gonna be on display "HOPEFULLY" but after that...NAHHH
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Forum Member

Haven't been to a NJ Convention since 2002. And thank-god ! It's getting more and more expensive for lodging, there is absolutley no educational value displayed, the parade is an embarrasment especially to folks like me who can remember attending years and years ago when the parade had more pride and actually lasted more than three hours. I'm talking 6 and 7 hours with companies coming out in full force from all over the tri-state area. - There's just no competition anymore and the same people take the trophies.

The tents ? Absolutley pitiful. How much whacker type B.S. can one person buy year after year ? I can get just as drunk on my own deck at home with less hassle and for much cheaper. I just don't drink like some of these retarded bafoons that think Wildwood is the bomb ! Probably a dozen times or more I've identified here on FH Forums the poor reputation of this yearly event. Every year people fist fight with each other, do stupid sh** at thier motels, constantly get drunk and puke in th street and guess what ? A few years have gone by with deaths...YES DEATHS from drunken stupid sh** - Not to mention the fines that get issued and the dozen or so arrests.

What fun is this ? I know there are mostly very responsible folks that attend Wildwood but for the couple of hundred idiots that can ruin it the convention just isn't worth it anymore.

Forum Member

The NJ Firemen's Convention in Wildwood seems to continually deminish each year. A major issue is lodging - as already pointed out, is expensive and not available like in previous years. The "tents" have also become a disappointment, being transformed into a "t-shirt & decal" expo! One highlight was the firefighter escape (bail-out) simulator that was in the outside area - sponsored by Fireground Technologies. It is too bad that the FDIC East and the NJ Firemen's Convention could not merge. That was actually a frequent discussion among many in the crowd this year. How long with this event continue to dissapoint?

Forum Member

FDIC East failed due to A/C being too cost prohibitive for the vendors. Having to pay "specified" wages to move boxes forced many of the vendors to cancel their appearance. Without the sponsorship/funding from the vendors, there was no money left to pay for the classes.

Same reason the convention itself will never move back to A/C. Too much $$$$.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Not to mention parking at the AC convention center was abyssmal at best.

Forum Member

There has to be another location, though! Still, merge the FDIC and the NJ Firemen's Convention together and offer more! It is really becoming a joke. The party is over down there. Maybe in 5-10 years, they can have it in Asbury Park!!!!!

Forum Member

Maybe in 5-10 years, they can have it in Asbury Park!!!!!
    Thanks, that gave me a good laugh for today.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42
    Thanks, that gave me a good laugh for today.
    Did he say Asbury? LMAO !!!!!!!!!
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Fir Na Tine

Quote Originally Posted by LIEU4LIFE
    Maybe in 5-10 years, they can have it in Asbury Park!!!!!
    Now that is funny.
    Tom Warshaw
    Station 13 (Bethel)
    Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Thread Information