Thread: at a crossroads

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation at a crossroads

I have been going to school for the past year and a half to find a job in the fire service, before I dedcided on what I wanted to do I had gotten a couple underage drinking violations when I was 18 and 20. Are these violations carrer ending or just setbacks that I will need to work around by improving other areas? Any feedback would be great

Thanks for you help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Somthing like that seems to me to very department to department. I will tell you don't lie about that stuff on aps or in interviews but I would say that I would not start braging about it either. In my department I am a Lt and We have a say in who gets hired. and you would still get an interview but that would not be a guarntee on a job. And I can also tell you that We would probably grill you about it in the interview to see how you respond. I think it is somthing that you would have to over come and always remember when you get on YOUR A PROBIE they don't need a reason to fire you so don't give them one. Take this advise as you may and Best of Luck in your futer endevors.

Thread Information