Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fireteam test

Forum Member

Default fireteam test

I have taken the test twice and scored in the low 80's both times. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to better prepare. I realize we can not discuss actual test. I would just like someone who scored high tell me how they prepared. I want to apply for a department that uses the test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pdxfire
    I have taken the test twice and scored in the low 80's both times. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to better prepare. I realize we can not discuss actual test. I would just like someone who scored high tell me how they prepared. I want to apply for a department that uses the test.
    www.Fireteamtest.com Video Testing
    Many agencies are being convinced to use the new type of video testing because they can test large groups at once at a lower cost and eliminate candidates with psychological video scenarios.

This from a candidate who paid to test drive the video testing:

I went to the website www.fireteamtest.com and paid my $14.00 to take the practice test. The test takes 30 to 45 minutes so unplug your phone and listen to the instructions VERY carefully, my phone rang while I was watching the video and missed an important part. DON'T answer the situational questions the way you think the "test writers" want you to, answer thinking about the big picture and what is right for everyone, being a kiss-up will not get you a 100% on this test. I know; I got kinda toady on one question and got slammed. So much for my 100%

It seemed like for each question the four answers fell into these categories:
    Correct
    Semi-Correct
    Neutral
    Wrong

Of course if you sit there and try to figure out which ones fall into each category you will fall behind and start screwing up.

One candidate said if you get stumped go to your femine side for the answer.

Check it out at www.fireteamtest.com
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

MembersZone Subscriber

ive taken this test twice already scored in the low 90's and i actually enjoy it, as wierd at that may seem. theres really no way i prepared for it i just answer the questions as i personally would had it been a real scenario i was involved it. and if all else fails go with the most P.C.. dont forget u only have one min for each question. good luck

MembersZone Subscriber

pdx-
    The last department I worked for as a seasonal firefighter just happened to hire a new chief that used to work for ERGOMETRICS (the company that developed the fire team test). He told me that you should answer the questions honestly with out letting any past experience as a firefighter or station life interfere with your answers. In other words, try to look at the scenerio's as if you were a civilian with no fire service experience. Hope that helps.

Forum Member

And be sure you sit up front so you can see the video clearly. The first time I took this test I was in the middle of about 20 rows of seating....and it was not stadium seating. So seeing the video without heads moving in front was nearly impossible. Good luck!

Thread Information