Thread: 10 questions

Forum Member

Default 10 questions

Hello everyone
    I just got the 10 questions in my email YEA!!!!
    My question is
    How do I reply to this??? Do I print the questions out and mail them in to someone and if so to who ?
    I read and reread the email and I dont see anything saying how to respond to it. This is for our 2006 fire grant
    Being very new to this( first time ) I am not sure as to what my next step is
    Thanks
    Fireplug15

Forum Member

I just replied to the email. I might have done more than I needed to, but I copied and pasted the questions into the reply and then typed my answers under each of the questions. It seemed to work well last year so I did the same this year. I type my answers in bold so they can see each one easily. I'm sure they don't really care about the questions since they look at them so many times, but that way there's no mistake that we answered each question properly as I look over them before I send.

Forum Member

Sure would be nice to get the 10 questions. we have had our award # on our 1199a for 3 weeks now and we have not seen our 10 Q's!!! Starting to wonder wtf is going on!!!!!! Getting a little wound up here!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

In the past (nothing in the present), I have clicked "Reply" answered the questions and sent the e-mail back. Never any issues with AFG recieving them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Culpster
    Sure would be nice to get the 10 questions. we have had our award # on our 1199a for 3 weeks now and we have not seen our 10 Q's!!! Starting to wonder wtf is going on!!!!!! Getting a little wound up here!!!!!
    I know the feeling. We got our award # on the 1199 that first day and just got the questions today. Log into your application and go over any old grants that are still open. We had the extension on last years grant and were never asked for a second semi-annual report but we got put on hold for everything until we did it...go to your request funds page to see if there's a hold on anything if you have anything still open. I updated mine on Friday late in the afternoon and got my questions today.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yep, just reply to the e-mail. I used the same numbers that they use, and answered in short sentence form so there is no confusion. (i.e. "3. Yes, we understand the 12 month limitation.")

Congratulations!!

earl

Forum Member

We still have our 2005 FP grant still open, and we were late on our semi-annual report by one moneth because we mis-interperpreted the guidlines thinking that we do it 6 months after we recieve the money. Anyway, it was done and everything has been bought and we are ready to close out, but I dont think that it should really matter because we are still in the performance period of the FP grant.

Now I have looked everywhere in all our grants and dont see any holds on anything. Brian, you think your hair is getting grey and falling out??? Well I have been pulling mine out waiting for the 10Q's!!!! (on my knees) "PLEASE GOD SEND THE 10 Q'S!!!!!!!!!!! (now in fetal position sobbing uncontrolably)...

Forum Member

Thanks everyone

MembersZone Subscriber

Dellroy,

Thanks for that tidbit of info on the extension and a new semi-annual report that is needed. We applied for an extension for the brush truck. Lo and behold when I checked on the semi-annual report, the original was null and a request for a new one. New report is completed (about 1 month late) and submitted.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle
    Dellroy,

Thanks for that tidbit of info on the extension and a new semi-annual report that is needed. We applied for an extension for the brush truck. Lo and behold when I checked on the semi-annual report, the original was null and a request for a new one. New report is completed (about 1 month late) and submitted.
    You're welcome! I'm glad my ramblings on here was able to help someone. I called and asked why I wasn't notified via email about needing the new one filled out and was talked "around" but never got an answer other than a new one needs done every 6 months. Let me know if you get an answer on that one. I know I was notified via email when the first one was due and wasn't told that another one was needed when I got the extension.
    What kind of brush truck are you guys getting? When will you be taking delivery?

MembersZone Subscriber

Except for the original e-mail for the semi-annual report there was no additional info given that required a second semi-annual report, either through e-mail or the FPS when I talked to them about the extension. Lesson learned.

We are getting a Classic Fire - Fire Ranger. Should be delivered to the sales rep the first week of October.

Forum Member

Stop the presses!!! 10q's have arrived!!! I have gone from sobbing in the fetal position, to doing back flips!!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Culpster
    Stop the presses!!! 10q's have arrived!!! I have gone from sobbing in the fetal position, to doing back flips!!!!!!

AMEN !

Congrats !

Forum Member

Default Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 10 questions today! 1199 showed 2006 award number about 3 weeks ago in addition to a 2005 award number!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats Culster!!!!!!! Now if you just get that 1199a update for SAFER...no more fetal position ever!!
    earl

Forum Member

LOL Green... I dont think we have a snowballs chance for safer, even though I hold a very strong opinion about SAFER and how they are awarding and what they are awarding. I am happy with the AFG and I will just say my prayers for SAFER.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Shoot Culpster, 3 out of the first 21 hiring awards were for one FF. Fills out your shift, you got financial need. I vote we keep you on the island!! Hang in there. Check early and check often!!

earl (did not apply for clothing this year)

Forum Member

LOL, doesnt meen I wont be checking... I still have a problem!!!!! (twitch, twitch, tic, tic)... Must check 1199A!!!!!

Forum Member

Default questions received

Got the questions today after what seemed like a very long wait. I'm just happy to be getting the award again, no matter how long it takes. I did the same as most, copy/paste..then bold caps for answers. Hoping everyone else finds good news in the inbox soon.

Thread Information