Forum Member

Default Medium or Large?

Im ordering a sam houston and am not sure what size to get. I had a medium before, but i sold it to a buddy of mine, thing is when i wore a mask and hood, the helmet was very tight on my head, i didnt use the chinstrap, just the ratchet to hold it on my head(i know thats not safe, but anyways) just wondering if anyone on here had a medium and went to a large or vise-versa thanks in advance for the replies

Forum Member

Yeah. One time I tried on a large and it was too big, so I got a medium. A pal of mine with a watermelon head tried on a medium. Of coarse it was too small, so he got a large.

Stranger than fiction......huh?
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisE34a
    Yeah. One time I tried on a large and it was too big, so I got a medium. A pal of mine with a watermelon head tried on a medium. Of coarse it was too small, so he got a large.

Stranger than fiction......huh?
    Damn it Bob.. I almost sprayed Sam Adams Boston Lager all over my monitor when I read that!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

oh that clears it up thank you

Forum Member

Red face

E7T1, just a suggestion pal. Go to a dealer that sells firefighter ppe's. There has to be one somewhere near you. Try one on and see what fits the best.

I still have, but can't use, my old leather N5 and tin lizzie, that the inside was the size of your noggin. Like a hat size and all. So there wasn't any adjustment like they are now.

Just another idea. Do you know any one that has a helmet like you are wanting for Christmas?? Maybe they will let you try theirs on to see how it fits. Just a idea.

It's like a head gasket, which ever fits you the best, go with it!!

Bob any size lid will do you pal!! :-)
    Last edited by allineedisu; 09-26-2006 at 12:52 PM.
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Forum Member

The Cairns New Yorker (N5A) and the Cairns Sam Houston (N6A) sizing - MEDIUM: 6-1/2 TO 7-3/8 ...&... LARGE: 7-1/2 TO 8.

I hope that this helps. This information is at http://www.allhandsfire.com/page/AHF..._n6a/MSA-N6ABS

Thread Information