Thread: New tir3

  1. #1
    simsfireR14
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default New tir3

    has anyone used the new linear tir three from whelen if so how is it compared to the original one?
    Last edited by simsfireR14; 09-27-2006 at 10:55 AM.

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Res343cue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your 1st due.
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simsfireR14
    has anyone used the new linear tir three from whelen if so how is it compared to the original one?
    The LIN3 is not a TIR by any means. Yes, it's a 3 diode LED light, but they are two completely different products. The TIR is brighter head on, but the LIN series offers a little better off axis, and is just as bright if not brighter.

    TIR3 = Half a TIR6
    LIN3 = Half a Talon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

    I A C O J
    FTM-PTB


    Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7

    Default

    TIR3 is better
    Last edited by RSFC2338; 09-29-2006 at 10:11 PM.

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Why are you concerned with warning light? You're not allowed to have them. You can't even drive!

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    tbonetrexler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, Delaware US
    Posts
    527

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by EoneResue1
    Why are you concerned with warning light? You're not allowed to have them. You can't even drive!
    And you know this how?
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

    Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

    My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Penny Lane
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RSFC2338
    TIR3 is better
    RSFC, just curious why you say this? This is the first I've seen the LIN3's, but it seems that the two each have their own advantages. It would be like comparing a Talon to a Slimlighter/TIR6.

    When did Whelen release the LIN3's?

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Res343cue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your 1st due.
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    TIR3 is better
    Okay. Stir the pot. All the research and development, reviews, and pretty much all the feedback I've gotten at demo's says otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzfireSolo
    RSFC, just curious why you say this? This is the first I've seen the LIN3's, but it seems that the two each have their own advantages. It would be like comparing a Talon to a Slimlighter/TIR6.

    When did Whelen release the LIN3's?
    The LIN3s should have arrived Friday at the dealers. Most of them that dealers are getting are already claimed, so expect a 2 month or so wait to get more. Whelen is backed up 3 months right now with product orders because of end of fiscal year spending, grant moneys, etc.

    Blitz, you're right. It IS comparing a Talon to a Slimlighter. Quote from my 1st post in this thread.

    TIR3 = Half a TIR6
    LIN3 = Half a Talon.
    Someone is just stirring the pot with the "This is better then that".
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

    I A C O J
    FTM-PTB


    Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register