Forum Member

Default unable to log in using firefox

Hey webteam,
    I had a hard drive drive, and finally got a new HD and reloaded all my software. Now it seems like I can't log in using microsoft firefox. I am using the proper username and pasword (as shown by my ability to log in using IE with no problems), but firefox isn't working.

when I do log in, i keep getting the error message that I have used 0 out of 5 total. I have logged in about 8 times, and keep getting the same error. 0 out of 5. any ideas?

I have tried enabling cookies and clearing the cache, with no effect.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrParasite
    Hey webteam,
    I had a hard drive drive, and finally got a new HD and reloaded all my software. Now it seems like I can't log in using microsoft firefox. I am using the proper username and pasword (as shown by my ability to log in using IE with no problems), but firefox isn't working.

when I do log in, i keep getting the error message that I have used 0 out of 5 total. I have logged in about 8 times, and keep getting the same error. 0 out of 5. any ideas?

I have tried enabling cookies and clearing the cache, with no effect.
    I am having this issue with IE on different computers. I tried resetting the password on my old user name SSTONER, however, the new numeric passwords wont work either.

Anyone know why?

Forum Member

Question Microsoft Firefox?????

You have both the Microsoft people and the Open Source Community with a look of "horror" on their faces.

Those two words probably never been uttered like that. These two companies are extreme competitors in the browser "wars"

It has me ROTFLMAO.

That being said I use Mozilla/Firefox on a daily basis and have absolutely no trouble.

Forum Member

Yep, has to be your settings, I only use Firefox, mine wasn't made by Microsoft though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ntmd8r38
    Yep, has to be your settings, I only use Firefox, mine wasn't made by Microsoft though
    Well it cant be the settings in IE - it happens on several computers that use to log in to this site ok previously. And I can log in with this new username now but the old is screwed up....

I cant log in via my Sidekick either which I could previously - and that browser is made by DANGER.

I can wait a few months before WebTeam comes by I guess....

Forum Member

geez, guys, it was a typo.

and for the record, clearing the cache didn't help solve the problem. only by manually deleting the cache folder's contents was i able to finally log on.

and it's Mozilla firefox, not microsoft.

sheesh, I just suffered a traumatic eveny (the HD crashing with no backups) cut me a little slack, ok?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Administrator

We're upgrading the forums and login system shortly. This should resolve any remaining issues.

WebTeam

Forum Member

Where have we heard this before?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Where have we heard this before?
    Well, it worked for my issue - so it wasnt an issue with my PC. (Stonerems)
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Based on people's comments this past week about ongoing problems creating threads, plus the fact that the email notifications haven't worked since the upgrade, I would venture a guess that it wasn't completely successful.

I had to start using Firefox a few days ago in order to access a different site and haven't had any problems logging in.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Protective Economist

Quote Originally Posted by webteam View Post
    We're upgrading the forums and login system shortly. This should resolve any remaining issues.

WebTeam
    Did you deactivate the ability to edit posts? I have found that I cannot edit any of my prior posts. Is this an oversight or a change in policy?
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Thread Information