MembersZone Subscriber

Default Checksheets for deployment

Does anyone have a list or checksheet for things that would be useful on a deployment? Or things that you will need to bring on your own. I know I have one, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool I've got several....

Hey Skeeter,
    I've got several checksheets for when we are sent on Strike Teams. Is this what you are wanting? If so, send my a P.M. and I will email you a copy of the best one I have.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Forum Member

Are you talking about personal gear you need like clothing and such or what you need on the engine (paperwork etc)?

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah I'm talking about personal gear that you should have when you get deployed.

MembersZone Subscriber

The red mobilization guide has a list of things you need personally and things for the engine.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all"

Forum Member

Here is a list I have for my employees, this assumes a 14 day assignment, if your agency won't send you out that long you might want to adjust it, I know many structure departments swap crews after 3-5 days.

Spare Nomex (1 Pr shirt & pants)
    6 pairs of socks (minimum)
    6 sets of cotton underwear (minimum)
    1 set of non fire clothing (shirt & pants appropriate for camp or R&R)
    Swim trunks / bathing suit
    Tennis shoes
    Shower shoes / flip flops
    Sleeping bag
    Warm jacket
    Sweatshirt / pants
    Knit cap
    Rain gear
    Gloves
    Towels(s) & wash cloth
    Toothbrush & toothpaste
    Soap, shampoo
    Comb or brush
    Shaving kit
    Deodorant
    Foot / body powder
    Insect repellant
    Sun screen
    Toilet paper
    Small flashlight
    Pocket knife
    Plastic bags (in case of rain, for dirty clothes etc)
    Feminine hygiene products (for females)
    Over the counter meds (aspirin, cold / allergy medicine, vitamins, band aids, chap-stick etc)
    Special personal needs (extra prescription glasses, prescribed medications etc)
    Cash for personal needs (ATMís are not always available), $40 is a reasonable amount
    Entertainment, (book, magazine, hackysack etc, keep it appropriate for the workplace)
    Emergency supply of your personal vice (Instant coffee, tobacco products, gum etc)
    Anything else you canít live without for 2 weeks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Great list

This is a great list.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Thanks for posting this list. This will be my first season, I got my red card in March and I am stoked to get out. I need to call up the company and get a more specific list from themthough(because I know the company provides Nomex, but I'm not sure what else I need to get for myself). Thanks for this list. Mike

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rules of Engagement for South Georgia wildfires

If you go to www.gmag.com?? I believe is the website, or it may be .org. Anyways under Georgia Mutual Aid Group you can find the ROE's that detail out what you are required to have and other useful information for deployment and demobilization. The most important form is the 214 since this is the one that you get paid from :-)....

Forum Member

The ICS 214 form is no longer being used as a time sheet. GA Forestry has begun to use the crew time report as of last week.

Some other things I would add include; dryer sheets (for clothes and bug repellent) and laundry detergent. If you have the opportunity you may want to wash your personables.

Dryer sheets work as bug repellent? Did I read that correctly? Good to know. At the base camp, do people usually set up their own tents or do people tend to share tents? My buddy sent me a video of a fire from Hawaii( just a mile or so from his house which is in the middle of a field of tall dry grass!). The fire looked like it started in the grass and had moved up into the woods on the hill. No one had arrived to fight it yet when the video was taken, but apparently they got it out just fine. When I was watching it all I could think of was getting out there and fighting it. I'm stoked for this summer.
    Mike

Thread Information