Forum Member

Default Fl Driver/Operator Cert

Looking for State of Florida Driver/Operator Exam study guide as well as used IFSTA Pumping Apparatus Driver/Operator (IFSTA) (1st edition). If you can help E-mail me chris21513@cs.com

Forum Member

Don't know if Florida provides a study guide but here in PA we just used the IFSTA book.

Also work on your formula's. I used the "Q" formula, my Hale pump cards and the flowmaster calculator on every "pressure" question to make sure I had the right answer.

Don't forget that while you're doing your driving session (unless you already have a CDL) to tell the evaluator when you see a bridge weight or height sign and how your truck will do.

Good luck.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

Forum Member

Email sent.

Forum Member

I don't have any of the study guides with me now, but when I go back to the station I'll copy them and send them to you. They are questions that a couple of the guys around here remembered after they tested. Everyone that has used them have passed. I know alot of the questions are duplicate sorry about that. Also don't worry about a driving portion, Florida is strictly a written test.

Forum Member

Ok, fire 834 have you taken the test?
    Did you pass? How difficult was it?
    Were the study guide any help?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfyre View Post
    I used the "Q" formula, my Hale pump cards and the flowmaster calculator on every "pressure" question to make sure I had the right answer.
    What are Hale pump cards?

Forum Member

Contact your local Hale pump rep to get them. They are a pocket size card with a grid that shows friction loss for different size hoses and pressures. I'm not sure but I think that Waterous might privide them also.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified

Default Fl Pump Test

Florida does not allow anything to be brought into the testing center in Ocala.
    You must use the supplied calculator. Memorize what we call a "dump sheet". Write all the normal formulas out and memorize it like a photograph. When you are allowed to start the test, write a copy down on the blank paper that will be supplied with the test booklet.
    The test overall was not very hard.

Forum Member

I believe that everyone is now using the IFSTA book. We used to have Fla State Fire College Hydraulics and Apparatus Operator manuals that were widely used in the state, but I haven't seen one in years.(Maybe still at Ocala) The test is pretty easy, just use IFSTA study guides and you'll be fine. Also I thought that they were on the second addition. Try Amazon, they are reasonably priced.

Firefighter Forever

Default Help

Hello guys.
    I would like to know if anybody can spare a copy of the study guide for the state pump operator test?
    I will greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks
    My email is firefighterdave76@yahoo.com

Forum Member

I would also like one. reebokHCFR@gmail.com

thanks.

Forum Member

A study guide would be awesome! PRobertucci@yahoo.com PRobertucci@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Study guides aren't that helpful on this test. You need to know the formulas and how to use them/when to use them. And basically know what is on your typical apparatus. When I took it I passed with a 95% and about 2 hours studying. Know the numbers in the book (ie - lighting wattage) and know things typically associated with "driving" the apparatus. These tests are geared to beat you down with questions about a single topic if you miss a bunch about that certain topic. If you read through, even flip through that IFSTA book you will pass this test. If I had a study guide still I would pass it along, but IMO you don't need one.

P.S. - Formula dump sheet....great idea, if you get those formulas written down and they are correct, you will pass, easily.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by layinonair View Post
    When I took it I passed with a 95%
    Does Florida give you your score?? As an evaluator I was told that the candidates are only to be told whether the passed or failed, no score. No matter what certification test they take.

I never found out my scores for FFI, FFII, Instructor I, Instructor II and Pumper Driver/Operator.
    Steve Dragon

Forum Member

All your scores are posted on the FCDICE website. www.floridastatefirecollege.org, when you login goto the test history tab and it will show you pass/fail and the number you scored.
    Last edited by layinonair; 07-19-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Forum Member

Greetings, I see this thread is a bit old, but before I start a whole new thread, I figured I would try to post here first.

Has anyone taken the State of Florida Pump Operator exam recently?

Does anyone have a current study guide for the test? I have the IFSTA book, and the "Blue Book" Florida has, but I am just trying to narrow down what information I need to concentrate on.

I have taken both the Hydraulic's and Apparatus 40 hour classes, Now waiting to get my letter to test.

My email is tktom1015@yahoo.com if anyone may have a good study guide they are willing to share.

Thanks and Stay Safe...

Forum Member

Sent you an email.

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by reebokHCFR View Post
    I would also like one. reebokHCFR@gmail.com

thanks.
    Oh Jesus, they're letting you drive now?
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Can anyone help me with PA Driver/Operator certification exam looking for reference material to prepare for the exam, scheduled to take in late June. Haven't found much in searching the web except some PowerPoint's.

Thanks
    Marc Jackson

Forum Member

Use the IFSTA manual. You can buy them through PA Fireman magazine.
    Steve Dragon

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfyre View Post
    Use the IFSTA manual. You can buy them through PA Fireman magazine.
    Got it already, thanks.

Marc Jackson

Forum Member

Hey guess i wanted to know if i can get the info sent to me as well, thanks!
    Vanwilder453@aim.com

Forum Member
    Steve Dragon

Thread Information