Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEMVFD
    Good song, that was funny.

Finally saw the episode about the jury parties in the launch tubes. Overall I was kinda disappointed about the episode. Hopefully friday's show will be better.
    Kara Thrace is back to her old self again, with a more evil side.

Colonel Tigh is back to be being a raging alcoholic with a huge chip on his shoulder. I forsee an major confrontation between adams and both of them... and someone is going to get fracked over hard.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo
    Kara Thrace is back to her old self again, with a more evil side.
    Colonel Tigh is back to be being a raging alcoholic with a huge chip on his shoulder. I forsee an major confrontation between adams and both of them... and someone is going to get fracked over hard.
    I think I called it nearly right that Adama was NOT going to be happy learning about discontent in his ship.A CO is supposed to rely on his Executive Officer to keep the complaints down.When the XO is part of the problem,what can the boss do?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson
    I think I called it nearly right that Adama was NOT going to be happy learning about discontent in his ship.A CO is supposed to rely on his Executive Officer to keep the complaints down.When the XO is part of the problem,what can the boss do?

I thought Adama handled it perfectly. A lot of authority, a kick in the *****, and a little (very little) bit of sympathy for Tigh.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyv
    I thought Adama handled it perfectly. A lot of authority, a kick in the *****, and a little (very little) bit of sympathy for Tigh.
    Didn't he channel his old "Miami Vice" character when he told Starbuck to"Get outta here."?It did kind of sound like his old growl from the 80s.

Forum Member

Anybody notice Adama's Viper last episode? "MAJ Lee Adama"??? I guess he did get "demoted for functionality".

Chances are Starbuck probably got a punitive reduction in rank, back to CPT for her. Hell, maybe even all the way back to LT.

On the Baltar==cylon angle: can we please stop dragging things out, BSG writers?? Not every little issue has to be a cliffhanger!!! >:|
    Last edited by the1141man; 11-07-2006 at 11:34 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by the1141man
    Anybody notice Adama's Viper last episode? "MAJ Lee Adama"??? I guess he did get "demoted for functionality".
    It could just be that either the deck crew (or prop builders) failed to repaint his viper while he was over on Peg.

I thought the whole Cylon disease-plotline was a little herky-jerky. It seemed disjointed and not very well explained.

Forum Member

I thought someone said the cylinder looked like a navigation beacon left by the 12 colonies.

Did you notice Sharon (call sign Athena now), seemed really confused when they saw all those Cylon ships floating? Maybe she was picking up messages from the sick Cylons? And why wouldn't she already know who the other Cylons are?
    She might be presenting in the initial stages of the disease and just doesn't know it yet.
    I think she does know which other Cylons are still embedded like the media in the fleet as she's been killed at least once on both sides and resurrected.Doesn't the knowledge of one Cylon get transferred to the rest of its model line when that happens?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by voyager9

I thought the whole Cylon disease-plotline was a little herky-jerky. It seemed disjointed and not very well explained.
    Do you think the Cylon disease plot line will help Galactica in determining who the cylons are that are inbedded within the fleet?

What is the Cylon disease cylinder and what was in it and where did it come?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by medic27205
    Do you think the Cylon disease plot line will help Galactica in determining who the cylons are that are inbedded within the fleet?

What is the Cylon disease cylinder and what was in it and where did it come?
    I thought someone said the cylinder looked like a navigation beacon left by the 12 colonies.

Did you notice Sharon (call sign Athena now), seemed really confused when they saw all those Cylon ships floating? Maybe she was picking up messages from the sick Cylons? And why wouldn't she already know who the other Cylons are?

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

All your questions will soon be answered. To be continued.....
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

MembersZone Subscriber

She might be presenting in the initial stages of the disease and just doesn't know it yet.
    I think she does know which other Cylons are still embedded like the media in the fleet as she's been killed at least once on both sides and resurrected.Doesn't the knowledge of one Cylon get transferred to the rest of its model line when that happens?
    The only Cylon we know is embedded in the fleet is the #3 (Lucy Lawless). That model was all over the place on New Caprica, so I'm sure her cover is blown now. I'd imagine that all of the models that were seen on NC would have been left there when the fleet left. Now, maybe there are still some of the unseen ones embedded.. the ones even the cylons said they couldn't talk about.

The brunette #6 on the dying basestar said something about the probe being left at the pulsar by those coming from the 13th colony. I'm sure we'll find out later in the season, but I'm willing to bet that the 13th colonists could not have created a disease that effects beings that hadn't been created at the time. The cylons were created after the 12 colonies were created, and presumably after contact was lost with the 13th.

Forum Member

I'm sure we'll find out later in the season, but I'm willing to bet that the 13th colonists could not have created a disease that effects beings that hadn't been created at the time. The cylons were created after the 12 colonies were created, and presumably after contact was lost with the 13th.
    Actually, that was answered at the close of the episode, the exchange between Roslyn and Adama.... apparently the disease turned out to be an old holdover from 3,000 years (yarns? ) ago, it was around back when the 13 colonies left Kobol for other worlds. How it survived 3,000 years without a host, who knows, but hey. The BSG writers seem to like that whole deus ex machina thing (a la Sharon's pregnancy gave her immunity against the virus somehow), so whatev.

Now no more mention of the Baltar, "*Gasp* Am I a Cylon?!" scene. I guess not, since he hasn't suffered any ill effects from the disease.

Lee apparently really did get demoted back to major, several Marines are overheard referring to him as such when they board the dead Basestar....

Forum Member

I didn't get why Adama let Helo off the hook. My wife started talking and I couldn't hear what the explanation was. They also didn't mention any casualties in the fight. They must not have taken any, because if they had lost a couple of Vipers and pilots Adama probably would have had Helo by the throat. I think he should have anyway for hazarding the Galactica.

Forum Member

Lee apparently really did get demoted back to major, several Marines are overheard referring to him as such when they board the dead Basestar....
    Since appearently switching jobs isn't as hard in their reality as it is in ours,do you think "Major" Lee Adama might have done an interservice transfer and is now a Marine?He and Starbuck have both led quite a few infantry actions both on board ship and planetside.
    It's either that or the rank structure is such that an ossifer can go from Enswine,to Lieutenant to Captain to Major to Colonel to Commander to Admiral and stay in the same uniform.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by voyager9
    I'm sure we'll find out later in the season, but I'm willing to bet that the 13th colonists could not have created a disease that effects beings that hadn't been created at the time. The cylons were created after the 12 colonies were created, and presumably after contact was lost with the 13th.
    Well,when Europeans started exploring this continent,they brought diseases that the natives had no defenses to so it is entirely possible that the 13th colony had diseases the Cylons never heard of in their role as servants to the human race.

MembersZone Subscriber

Actually, that was answered at the close of the episode, the exchange between Roslyn and Adama.... apparently the disease turned out to be an old holdover from 3,000 years (yarns? ) ago, it was around back when the 13 colonies left Kobol for other worlds.
    Yet the episode also contradicted itself: First they said that the disease came from accidental contamination from when the beacon was launched, "Someone sneezed on the thing and a whole race was almost wiped out" --Adama. They also said that the Disease had a "Bio-electrical component" that allowed it to travel back to when the cylons die.

Does that mean that one of the 13th-colonists accidentally infected the beacon with a disease that just happens to be able to infect the cylons before the cylons are even created? A disease would not naturally develop a "Bio-Electrical component" in a purely biological environment.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well,when Europeans started exploring this continent,they brought diseases that the natives had no defenses to so it is entirely possible that the 13th colony had diseases the Cylons never heard of in their role as servants to the human race.
    Not exactly the same thing. Europeans and the Natives are both the same species, so they are subject to the same (most) diseases. Humans and cylons are so different that a disease that could affect both would be extremely unlikely. In addition, presumably the humans created the cylons after they had an immunity to the disease. So now we have a 3000 yarn old disease that used to infect humans, and can infect their creations even after the original humans are immune to it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Now no more mention of the Baltar, "*Gasp* Am I a Cylon?!" scene. I guess not, since he hasn't suffered any ill effects from the disease.
    I thought Baltar's torture scene was rather telling, with six's "coaching" through fighting the pain and, more importantly, Three's reaction to it. It almost seems like she recognized what was happening within him. Like she knows a six is in there.

Forum Member

i hope so but unfortunately my dvd recorded messed up last week and i didn't get to see and tonight i'm working... boy am i going to be behind.

Forum Member

Um, Cylons can have sexual relations producing offspring with humans.

That's usually one of the crucial tests in determing if the species are the same

BTW, Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs, and Steel is a great book on the role of disease on human history, especially why certain bugs like flu developed were they did, and why all epidemic diseases came out of a few area -- and NONE from the Americas.

It's now estimated when Europeans first made modern contact with the Americas in the early 1500s, North America alone had 20 Million natives -- considering we're only about 330 Million now, and it was the 1840s before the U.S. population reached that mark, that's pretty impressive. When European settlement began in earnest in the 1600s, the native population was down the low single digit millions.

Forum Member

I got it!

Baltar is a transgendered version of Six!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmatian190
    Um, Cylons can have sexual relations producing offspring with humans.

That's usually one of the crucial tests in determing if the species are the same
    True. Though the show leads us to believe that this does not happen "Naturally" and requires some help.

Forum Member

Last night's episode was a mindfrack...

the "scouting mission" from the Battlestar Valkyrie that may have actually began the latest war with the Cylons.....

The return of "Bulldog"... and Adama and Tigh having to deal with the ghosts of the past...

and the scene with Deana and Caprica Six after making a "Cylon sandwich" with Gaius!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

With Tigh out of the loop. why does Starbuck go to him about the Cylon's lack of effort to kill Bulldog? Why not Apollo? I see it as more evidence that she still hasn't earned Adama's trust back. While Tigh's character is too good to let lie for long, I'm a little disappointed he's already back on track. I was looking forward to all the angst and self loathing.

It's starting to get repetitive, Adama wanting to resign and the Pres refusing to allow it. Even with the stress they are all under, I would expect the CO of a large warship to have enough self confidence (and ego) to believe he's always right.

Forum Member

It's starting to get repetitive, Adama wanting to resign and the Pres refusing to allow it. Even with the stress they are all under, I would expect the CO of a large warship to have enough self confidence (and ego) to believe he's always right.
    I don't think so.In the original series,Adama was played out as all knowing due to his Kobollian heritage,and in some of the books written by Richard Hatch,that played into why his ship survived and the rest of the fleet didn't.
    This version shows him as having a few warts and having been part of some screwups that got him assigned to a ship that was being mothballed.
    I believe Tigh put it as"not being in the good graces of the Admiralty"or words to that effect.
    But you're right,the Captain isn't supposed to be uncertain,even if he doesn't know what to do next.
    The Chief played in "U-571"was given a true line when he said"Those three words,'I don't know',will kill a crew.Sure as a depth charge".
    The Captain,in rising from O-1 to command, is supposed to have seen or heard of anything that his ship may encountered and at least thought of how to deal with it.

Thread Information