+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by the1141man View Post
    Does anybody know that much about TV time slots? I'm wondering if the move to Sunday nights is a move up, or a step down from the Friday/9PM slot....
    I was wondering the same thing. I did find theFriday Night Death Slot

It is a little concerning though. I don't think anything SCIFI has tried to spin off their Friday night lineup has succeeded

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by voyager9 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I did find theFriday Night Death Slot

It is a little concerning though. I don't think anything SCIFI has tried to spin off their Friday night lineup has succeeded
    Interesting reading. So it would seem that it's a "step-up", hopefully, in the ratings battle...however, from my POV it would seem they're kicking the show off "Sci-Fi Friday" to make room for something they view as "better".

After all, it is the Sci-Fi network, not one of the Big Three...sci-fi geeks not being world-reknowned for their Friday-night dating and partying prowess...yours truly included.

MembersZone Subscriber

Interesting reading. So it would seem that it's a "step-up", hopefully, in the ratings battle...however, from my POV it would seem they're kicking the show off "Sci-Fi Friday" to make room for something they view as "better".
    Sci-Fi Friday is their big night, just like NBC has/had "Must See TV" on Thursday. You'll see them move a show that is struggling on to Friday to boost its ratings. You'll also see them move shows off that can "stand on their own". My bet is that they'll move Eureka to Friday to try to save it.

I'd also like to see them do an HD simulcast for Battlestar. UniHD plays Season Two in HiDef on Sunday nights. I wonder if, now that first-run is on Sunday, they'll play it both channels.

Forum Member

My bet is that they'll move Eureka to Friday to try to save it.
    I can only hope so...I get to miss Eureka all the time--conflicts with company meeting night.

Forum Member

The latest edition of Playboy Magazine has a 10 page pictorial of Tricia Helfer.. BSG's Caprica 6! (insert drooling smiley icon here...)
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 01-13-2007 at 10:27 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

So,are Tigh,Sam,Tyrol and the President's aide really Cylons or will it turn out to be the gods using them for another purpose?Maybe they misunderstood why they were in that compartment.
    I mean,Starbuck came back and claimed to have been to Earth(maybe brought back Jimi Hendrix as well) and there were strong religious overtones in the original series,so why not?

Forum Member

Angry

we'll have to wait until 2008 to find out

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by medic27205 View Post
    we'll have to wait until 2008 to find out
    I saw that.. WTF?! Nothing like 8-months off.

As for this season's finale.. I thought it was pretty good. Not quite up to the last season's, though. It didn't feel like a season finale until the last 9 minutes. All the plots of the episode were resolved and they didn't introduce the cliffhangers until the end.

Did like the "Along the Watchtower" references. It took me a few times to catch them.. The first time, "Hey, that sounds familiar", the next time, "Hey that too" and then, "Wait, those are from the same song!".
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

Michael Hogan plays Tigh,right?Isn't he about in his 50s or older?
    I could see him 38 years ago singing along with that at Woodstock but now,it's like my fear of the kids today that blast down the street with the volume and bass cranked up to levels that sterilize lab rats when they are the ones living in nursing homes:"What's THAT you're listening to?WHAT?No,you oughta listen to Third Eye Blind,or Gwen Stefani.Now THAT'S music,m'boy!"as they totter down the hall in a badly fitted hospital robe using a walker and singing"Might as well be walkin on the sun,might as well be walkin on the sun".

Did like the "Along the Watchtower" references. It took me a few times to catch them.. The first time, "Hey, that sounds familiar", the next time, "Hey that too" and then, "Wait, those are from the same song!".

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    "What's THAT you're listening to?WHAT?No,you oughta listen to Third Eye Blind,or Gwen Stefani.Now THAT'S music,m'boy!"
    I think I just threw up in my mouth...
    -3dd

Forum Member

Now you know what scares me besides heights,flying,tornadoes,the possibility of Hell meaning I have to clean gas station restrooms for Eternity,or the off chance getting back with my ex wife.

I think I just threw up in my mouth...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Now you know what scares me besides heights,flying,tornadoes,the possibility of Hell meaning I have to clean gas station restrooms for Eternity,or the off chance getting back with my ex wife.
    Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.
    -3dd

Forum Member

According to the BSG website, there will be a 2 hr special in the fall that will be released on DVD the following week. It will be about Pegasus before and after the Cylon attack. Sounds interesting, too bad its so far in the future.

Forum Member

I'm just starting to wonder where the hell this show is going... every time you think a plot thread is about to be resolved and tied off neatly, it spawns three more baby threads, so on and so forth.
    BSG plot threads: like tribbles, they multiply exponentially.
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Forum Member

A 2005 issue of Maxim had her spread(heh-heh he said "spread")over their pages and looking good.I'm told that the online version shows more but "you gotta pay for that show,sailor".

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    The latest edition of Playboy Magazine has a 10 page pictorial of Tricia Helfer.. BSG's Caprica 6! (insert drooling smiley icon here...)

MembersZone Subscriber

Lame, liked it better when they were offing the toasters
    Slop sink, Flags and pump 150
    Getting there is half the fun

Forum Member

I'm just starting to wonder where the hell this show is going... every time you think a plot thread is about to be resolved and tied off neatly, it spawns three more baby threads, so on and so forth.
    BSG plot threads: like tribbles, they multiply exponentially.
    I guess we will find out.... E online entertainment is reporting that season 4 will be the last and that the show will have an ending....(what ever that means)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

Thread Information