MembersZone Subscriber

Default An, eyes wide open, assessment of a downfall.

A-Rod has not had a post-season RBI in two years. He couldnít field a moderately hit ground ball and once he managed to pick it off the dirt, couldnít hit the old man playing first. Though he has a no-trade clause in his quarter billion dollar, 10 year contract, he needs to be moved. If he wonít accept, send him to the Clippers to play out his deal.

Mariano Rivera, by far the most valuable trade bait on the team. No spring chicken, but worth tremendous value in the trade market.

Johnny Damon, I didnít think anyone could prowl centerfield as well as Bernie did and have a weaker arm at the same time. I was wrong. Move him for some real prospects.

Jason Giambi, anyone can hit a ball over the Stadium right field porch. Get a left handed bat that plays first and send him and his medical kit packing.

Hideki Matsui, trade him, I could find a dozen left fielders to replace him at league minimum. Or just put Melki back there. He did a pretty good job getting the Yanks to October.

Carl Pavano, unconditional release!

Mike Mussina, thanks for the memories but you also have value. Let him go and restock the farm.

Jarret Wright, trade this guy for a bag of used batting practice balls.

Bobby Abreu, he showed some great promise, since coming to the Yankees, trade him for some talented minor leaguers.

Randy Johnson, just retire. Youíre old and just plain unsightly.

Joe Torre, just retire. Let Lou Pinnela rejoin Mattingly and the Gator. Even if they donít win, right away. Heíll always be entertaining as he inquires about an umpireís poor decision.

Gary Sheffield, just retire. I never liked your whole act before you were a Yankee and you ended up playing first base because nobody wanted to hear you whine about sitting on the bench.

Bernie Williams, just retire. Thanks for the effort. You were the worst base runner Iíve ever seen.

Chien-Ming Wang, young and hungry. He can stay.

Robby Cano, this is what the team needs to put on the field. Like 1996 when a bunch of home grown farm hands won the World Series.

Jorge Posada, a gamer. Looked better this year, both behind and at the plate, than ever before. A keeper, by all means. Let him and Tony Pena groom the next Yogi Berra.

Derek Jeter, the ďnever say dieĒ Captain will inspire every new ďkidĒ the Yankees bring up in the future. I would bet he would take a pay cut if thatís what it would take to put a winner on the field. Pure class.

The Yankees need to start over. Without the lure of instant gratification, they need to build from the bottom up. And who will perform this transformation? Not Brian Cashman! Dump him too. Bring back Stick Michael as the GM. Heís the guy who built the Great Yankee team of the 90s. He did it with kids brought into the system from high schools and colleges that his staff of scouts appraised for him. Anyone can find an all-star and over pay him to come to New York to pad their already swollen salary with open market endorsements for Madison Ave.

And a note to the Boss. George, after you cut about $200M in salaries, how about making a game affordable for me to bring my kid to? $8.00 for a warm, flat beer? $5.00 for Cracker Jack? CíMON! Youíre building a new stadium, build a new team to play in it. It starts with a strong foundation so restock the minors.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

[QUOTE=E229Lt]Joe Torre, just retire. Let Lou Pinnela rejoin Mattingly and the Gator. Even if they donít win, right away. Heíll always be entertaining as he inquires about an umpireís poor decision.[QUOTE]

Watching ESPN this morning, this might be happening.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Lt,

I was happy to see that a world series can't be bought. I was also happy to see the Tigers get through the Yanks with such young talent. We've waited a long time for Illich to start bringing in good young talent from the farm system. I hope next years better for you.

Forum Member

From a diehard yank fan....I was glad to see the Tigers win and here is why. The problems start at the TOP. Thats right Georgie. He is an idiot with money. Utilize the farm system and stop trying to buy sucess. I agree A-rod, Johnson, and a few others would be better off somewhere else. I think Torre should stay however. He cant controll the blunders(A-Rod) produces by the team. A-rod should have sit out alot of games and someone else should have taken his spot but when you pay them MILLIONS, they gotta play. Farm the system and you will have a team to be proud of.

MembersZone Subscriber

You guys are pretty prophetic. It sure appears that A-Rod is washed up.

Disillusioned Subscriber

Unfortunately, the Columbus Clippers aren't associated with the Yankees anymore. They're now the Washington Nationals AAA affiliate. I spent a lot of time watching future Yankees develop and some of the big leaguers either rehab or just get their game back. To get to see some of these guys terin' it up trying to get to the show was just incredible. As good as they were with the Yankees, some of them were even better when they were Clippers....and hungry.

Damn, I'm gonna miss that.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    You guys are pretty prophetic. It sure appears that A-Rod is washed up.
    Thanks George I needed a good laugh
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Forum Member

It's still early in the season.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

4-straight HR's for the Sox's man....This is crazy.
    Mets are still the best team..there HOT !!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Unfortunately, the Columbus Clippers aren't associated with the Yankees anymore. They're now the Washington Nationals AAA affiliate. I spent a lot of time watching future Yankees develop and some of the big leaguers either rehab or just get their game back. To get to see some of these guys terin' it up trying to get to the show was just incredible. As good as they were with the Yankees, some of them were even better when they were Clippers....and hungry.

Damn, I'm gonna miss that.
    Wow, how did i miss that!?!?!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Thread Information