Thread: Report Time

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Report Time

I'm currently doing a mid-term topic paper on the following topic:
    A fire in a residential or commercial occupancy in which a fire alarms, non-water or water based fire suppression system resulted in life or property saved.

I know there are a lot of topics out there but the reason I'm posting this is because I'm going for some originality points. I'm looking mainly for video. If anybody has any video of such fires being put out by sprinkler systems or a good video of a fire alarm doing its job, I would be more than appreciative to have it.

If you could e-mail me at SPUD-X@Mailcity.com or just message me on here if you know of or have any such videos. I guess I'm mainly looking for something that really isn't widespread on the Internet. Something from a personal file. Something that when I get up there and report, I wont have to worry about 20 other people reporting on it. Alls I need is a little background on it. I'll do the research, the leg work, etc. to support the video.

Thank you very much in advance for any help anybody offers.
    Last edited by WaffleHut; 10-09-2006 at 12:10 PM. Reason: i cant post others

MembersZone Subscriber

blah blah blah i'd love to bitch about how my posts dotn show up, but i dont want to take away from my orginal post.
    Last edited by WaffleHut; 10-09-2006 at 12:12 PM.

This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleHut
    blah blah blah i'd love to bitch about how my posts dotn show up, but i dont want to take away from my orginal post.
    HUH???
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I feel like I just entered the twilight zone. Or some whacked-out kind of parallel universe.

You don't appear to have had any problems starting your thread, waffle ... so why the nasty comment?
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

for the past week ro so i've been trying to start a thread with the info that was posted about my report. Everytime i'd go to post it, it would say it was posted but never show up. i e-mailed the webteam and recieved no response. So finally, out of fustration i just threw up a post bitching about how my posts wont show up figuring it wouldnt show up. well, then it did show up and i just found it funny. thats all.

but once again, i dotn want this to be taken away from the orginal post

MembersZone Subscriber

anbody, anybody?

Forum Member

Hmmm... don't really have any videos... but the NFPA has tons of research/reports/etc. on this subject. Like for example:
    U.S. EXPERIENCE WITH SPRINKLERS AND OTHER FIRE EXTINGUISHING EQUIPMENT (that's 72 pages worth of info)
    U.S. EXPERIENCE WITH SMOKE ALARMS AND OTHER FIRE DETECTION/ALARM EQUIPMENT (that's the executive summary and table of contents, the rest can be purchased for $25... the rest is 101 pages)
    NFPA Research and Reports page
    NFPA homepage
    Video produced by Barre City Fire Department, Vermont (that might be like what you're looking for) At the 8 minute 45 second mark is when they actually start the test. Barre City Fire Department homepage

Of course, I'm sure there are plenty other "personally made" videos on youtube. You might want to check there and follow up the vidoes.
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Thread Information