Thread: MI to ohio emt

MembersZone Subscriber

Default MI to ohio emt

Can anybody help me out with this? I am looking to work at cedar point as an emt lifeguard. I live in MI. Do I just need to take the national registry in MI then file paprework in ohio? Or do I need to take a test in ohio?
    any help would be appreciated.
    J

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcfd45
    Can anybody help me out with this? I am looking to work at cedar point as an emt lifeguard. I live in MI. Do I just need to take the national registry in MI then file paprework in ohio? Or do I need to take a test in ohio?
    any help would be appreciated.
    J
    I think you just have to take the State Test if you are already National Registry................

They don't pay very much out there, do they???
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

no but it could be fun.
    J
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcfd45
    no but it could be fun.
    J
    I looked into like 6 years ago and decided it wasn't worth it. At the time they were only paying like $5.50/hr for and EMT. You got straight time for all hours worked and had to work 40+, usually closer to 60 hrs. per week. They gave a bonus at the end of the season....... Like $0.50/hr worked up to 1000 hours and then $1.00/hr for anything over 1000 hours...... By the time you pay for room/board, it really wasn't worth it for me.........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Kool Aid liked workin there ...........and Ohio has reciprocity............got a NRcard ? Then you can get an Ohio card.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Border Patrol

It was easy for me as an Ohio EMT to get my Michigan license. It's a little tougher to go from MI to OH because down here we can intubate a pulsless & apenic pt. whereas in MI you can only use a Combi-Tube.

Contact Owens Community College https://www.owens.edu/academic_dept/...erv/index.html or The Northwest Ohio Paramedic Program at University of Toledo (419-383-5204) to see if you can sit through the airway portion of one of their EMT Basic classes.

Here's the info on reciprocity from Ohio Division of EMS:

http://www.ems.ohio.gov/Forms/reciprocity/EMT-basic.pdf

An applicant for an Ohio certificate to practice must have completed a U.S.D.O.T. National Standard Curriculum course of instruction, which is substantially similar to the curriculum requirements of Ohio. If there are any areas of deficiency identified in the curriculum or certification standards, you will be required to correct these deficiencies through an Ohio accredited training institution prior to receiving a certificate to practice. At the EMT-Basic level, most applicants will need to complete additional training in advanced airway insertion prior to receiving Ohio certification. (A complete listing of accredited facilities is available on our website at www.ohiopublicsafety.com)

NOTE: Any candidate with areas of deficiencies will be notified by the Division of EMS. In the event that you require additional training, the division shall provide you with the appropriate documents that will need to accompany you to the training facility.

Applicants who completed training in another state:

· Complete the reciprocity application and attach a copy of a current state certification and a valid National Registry card at the level for which certification is sought.

· The Verification Form is to be forwarded (by the candidate) to the state certifying agency of the state in which initial training was completed, as well as any other state in which you hold, or have ever held, certification.
    The verification form will be used to determine if additional course work is needed to meet Ohio curriculum requirements.

· Mail all documents (application, state card, and National Registry card) to Emergency Medical Services 1970 West Broad Street P.O. Box 182073 Columbus, Ohio 43218-2073.

Please review the application carefully before submitting to ensure the application is complete and all the required documentation is attached. All documentation must be submitted before your application can be processed. You may not function as an EMT in Ohio until you have been issued an Ohio certificate to practice.

*** NOTE: The information submitted to the Division of EMS will remain ‘active’ for a period of six (6) months. Should your application process require additional time, you must contact the division and obtain a new candidate application form. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Ohio Division of EMS.

Thread Information