Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default New Federal highlighter LED bar

I just purchased the new federal highlighter bar, its nice but i think has one main flaw. It has a patent pending magnetic switch. You have to wave a magnetic on the corner of the bar to get it to switch one of 20 patterns. I did a write up of the light and side by side comparison pics of this light compared to the Sho me led light plus a video of the flash patterns.

check it out here at my departments forum boards(Called The Blaze). You must register to view the boards this helps keep out spam but registration is free. You can find the review under firefighting general tab.

direct link but you need to register at the top header first.Its a great forum board.

http://gtfd.net/theblaze/viewtopic.php?t=64

Yay...Another light thread

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33
    Yay...Another light thread
    well said. i concur
    Jason.
    Career Paramedic/Volunteer Firefighter
    Saving Lives or Basements everyday.
    Member of the IACOJ

Goalies are the best btw :P

Unhappy

greezzzzzzz should have been posted under off duty.

Plus another whacker web site too.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Ok...........

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer
    greezzzzzzz should have been posted under off duty.

Plus another whacker web site too.
    Cap - Thanks for the rave review, I'm continuing on my way.....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Exclamation

wow you guys are ruthless. No wonder firehouse fourms have the name reputation of rude and crude .

Have any of you guys read the user conduct section?

Here is a section in case you have forgotten.

We will remind users that personal attacks, calling other users out, etc. for the opinions, right or wrong, is completely unacceptable at Firehouse.com

Consider this your final notice.

If any user engages in a personal attack of another user, including in response to them attacking you -- as we've warned users of before -- you are subject to permanent removal from these forums. Whether you are posting your first post, or on post 5,000. You will be removed.

Forum Member

AND 85% plus of our firefighters are volunteers - so lights are pretty important and relevant.

And rule #1.... Newbies to the forum shall shut their mouth until they have a clue how it works here. Take your 4 posts and use the search function to see how discussions on lights go here.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

On the flatest land around! (In central Il.)

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire
    And rule #1.... Newbies to the forum shall shut their mouth until they have a clue how it works here. Take your 4 posts and use the search function to see how discussions on lights go here.

Well said. http://forums.firehouse.com/search.php? Just in case they cant find it

LOL....Good one! 4 posting and this....Ummm, right.

Before you get your panties in a bunch.

IAMAVOLUNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEE EER.

And I evun know how to constrict sentences.

In this part of the world (NOT 'Merica) lights and sirens on your private vehicle are NOT ALLOWED..

Read this next part REAL CLOSE.

THEY ARE FOR EMERGENCY VEHICLES ONLY.

YOU, in a car or truck or whatever, with your knobber kit behind the seat, are NOT an emergency vehicle.

YOU are NOT suddenly Supra-Duper Man or whatever, you ARE a guided (mis-guided) missile.

GET OVER YOURSELF. and listen closely.

You will NOT save everybody, all of the time.

Fact of life, grow up.

Speeding in your vehicle is DANGEROUS

Obey every law on the way to the station, break the rules on the job, ONLY when you NEED to save a life.

EVERY ONE GOES HOME.

This MUST include the innocent civillians you blazed a path THROUGH on your way to the station / incident.

It is what we, the people that give a damn, REALLY care about.

Now PLEASE

Shove your lights and sirens where the Monkey stores peanuts.

Get the job done, efficiently, effectivley, CORRECTLY.

Then tell me one day how your stinking sirens and lights actually made a blind bit of difference to which direction the world turns.

I MIGHT buy you a KIWI beer IF you win.

PS. If anyone wants to link to this response in the future for the knobbers..

NO TRADEMARKS OR COPYRITES APPLY.

PS.

Tritan.

One day, when you are old and grey.

You will probably start to realise that getting to the incident is NOT the fight.

Until then.... GROW UP and stay alive.
    Last edited by FlyingKiwi; 10-14-2006 at 02:52 AM.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FirstDueCTVol
    AND 85% plus of our firefighters are volunteers - so lights are pretty important and relevant.
    Yeah but 80% of the population is protected by career firefighters
    IACOJ
    FTM-PTB

Quote Originally Posted by Tann3100
    Yeah but 80% of the population is protected by career firefighters
    Maybe in your part of the world but I know in my part its the total opposite

Well said nmfire... Tritan Until you got some time in on this site I wouldn't be goin around tellin the people who have been here a while how this place runs...

Forum Member

Unhappy

This thread has been filed with the mods and should be deleted shortly. Firemen are one of the most respect jobs you would think you would resepect your fellow firefighters.

There are other greats fourm boards out there and I have never been treated like this at any of them. I am not even going to touch the "lights don't save time" speech . 85% is protect by vol's not career not going there either. You guys got to learn some respect, most fourms if your new they guide you to where the posts placed not rip you a new one so you won't come back.

OUT !
    Last edited by tritan; 10-14-2006 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tritan
    This thread has been filed with the mods and should be deleted shortly. Firemen are one of the most respect jobs you would think you would resepect your fellow firefighters.

There are other greats fourm boards out there and I have never been treated like this at any of them. I am not even going to touch the "lights don't save time" speech . 85% is protect by vol's not career not going there either. You guys got to learn some respect, most fourms if your new they guide you to where the posts placed not rip you a new one so you won't come back.

OUT !
    Judging by the sounds of it, with your vast fourm experiance you should know about the search feature and how to use it. Just search lights on these boards and you'll see why we are this way. Its pretty lame to see people could care so much about their lights when theres many more appropriate topics to do with the fire service you could be talking about.

And the "lights dont save time". They don't. People barely pull over for the big red fire truck come at yah so why are they gonna pull over for john doe and his lights he has strapped to his car. Beleive me, I'm from an area where we have no lights, that you don't need them to get to a call quickly. I can do just as much with out them as you could with yours...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi
    THEY ARE FOR EMERGENCY VEHICLES ONLY.
    YOU, in a car or truck or whatever, with your knobber kit behind the seat, are NOT an emergency vehicle.
    Not always true. In Michigan if you have red light visible 360 degrees and a siren with written approval from your chief (whom also sends it to the state) your vehicle is legally an emergency vehicle. Look up our Public Act 300 for more information.

You will NOT save everybody, all of the time.
    Agree!!

Speeding in your vehicle is DANGEROUS
    I don't drive any diff in my POV then our engine, while responding to scene our goal is simple, get there. While responding we are representing our township, our department, and everyone on it. Our job as FF is to help people not cause more for them. We understand the laws as the apply to our response and I respect them. I don't want my POV totaled as I depend on it for my lively hood and life. I don't go speeding down the road or blazing through intersections in my POV because I wouldn't do that in any of our vehicles. I actually find I drive the speed limit or less when my lights are activated and I drive much more respectful just for having them because of who and what I represent.

Then tell me one day how your stinking sirens and lights actually made a blind bit of difference to which direction the world turns.
    We respond to the scene or to the station depending on where the incident is. With multiple freeways in our town parking on them with out lights is illegale. With our "Pull Over" laws being the first one on scene with lights helps a little when people pull over as they are supposed to thanks to this law. That is just one example.

This doesn't help the world turn but it helps us perform our jobs and provides a little more safety for us.

I don't post on this forum ever until now although I have read it for years because of the way people are treated. I understand for some reason lights **** other fire fighters off even though they like us, use them every day in their lives. But what I don't get is why everyone gets so mean to everyone when the subject is brought up.

I know there are umpteen threads on this topic but when I saw that first incorrect line, I felt the need to respond and hopefully shed some light on the subject.

Lights are just a tool that we use, I don't see the fuss over discussing tools part of your job. Of course the rolling Christmas Trees I see on eLightbars.org go above and way beyond being a tool, but that can be another discussion.

Lightbulb

Tritan.. some advice...

As Sgt. Hulka in "Stripes" said...

Lighten up, Francis!
    If your skin is that thin on a forum, I cannot imagine the ribbing you get in the firehouse.

If I had a dollar for every light bar thread and post about light bars since I joined the forums, I would have myself a mattress full of Washingtons...

If you watched "Into the Fire" on the Histrory Channel, you would have seen the statement by the New Auburn volunteer jake that said in effect..

If they aren't busting your chops, something is wrong... they don't like you..
    For the record.. the search button is your friend

Also for the record: Respect has to be earned, not demanded. Some of us have been here a long time, some of us have been taken to the woodshed by the webteam, others have ben permanently banned.

Sit back, do a search, do a little reading and you might learn a trick or two that can someday save your life.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Oh, welcome to the forums.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

MembersZone Subscriber

something tells me this is in need of a dead horse being beat. now where did i stash that at :|
    Jason.
    Career Paramedic/Volunteer Firefighter
    Saving Lives or Basements everyday.
    Member of the IACOJ

Goalies are the best btw :P

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

You mean this picture?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Thread Information