Forum Member

Post gotta busy weekend!

Whattcha all doin' this weekend? hope its fun! This weekend is the duck season opener in my state(Idaho), but I doubt I'll get a chance to get out there...I'm testing for the city of twin falls this weekend and they don't mess around!Friday the 13th is the written test(do you think they planned that on purpose?) upon passing this, saturday the 14th is physical fitness for duty test(no pre arranged cpat here they do it themselves, maybe they wanna watch or something). after the physical, the oral board interview is on sunday!Talk about a nerve racking weekend!I made it the CO interview last time I tested,but I'm feeling even less prepared than last time. seems the older I get ,the busier.I've been a paid on call firefighter for seven years and just can't seem to make the leap to full time. this will be the fifth time I've tested and its getting discouraging to come so close. I'm not getting any younger and the tests (mostly only the written exams)seem to be getting harder.Im thirty one and I feel like my time is running out.I don't want to move, but maybe I'll have to test everywhere? Whats the point of having your dream job if you can't live where you want?Anyway, wish me luck and have a fun weekend!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by choppersvfd
    Whattcha all doin' this weekend?
    It's homecoming at my college! OHHH YEEEAAAAA

~BUT~

I'm in the boxing club and my first fight is in late november, so I wont be celebrating our big win saturday night! OHHH NOOOOOOO

so that's my weekend. going to the gym and running.

that does sound like a nerve wracking weekend. best of luck to you, brother!

MembersZone Subscriber

Working.....at the firehouse

Forum Member

Lightbulb gotta busy weekend!

fieldseng2, is it me or is this your way of subtly bragging that youv'e already got a job at the firehouse? How 'bout some hints, how'd you get the job? how many times did you test to get it?are you working were you want to, or did you have to move?

MembersZone Subscriber

Its you...

I see you're a guest on here...If you knew me......you would know I don't brag about anything....Quite the opposite....

I was simply clarifying that I was working at the firehouse...not my part time gig...not on my in-laws farm...not around the house...or my yard.

How did I get my job? Hardwork, determination, patience, and having a "never say die" attitude.

I'm at my dream job. Got it on the 1st try. But, it took me 12 years to have the opportunity to try. However, I believe my experiences/education is what helped me get here.

Forum Member

OK, when you mentioned "duck season" opening this weekend, I just flashed back to Bugs Bunny adn Daffy Ducks screaming "Wabbit Season" - "Duck Season" back and forth to each other in front of Elmer Fudd.

Ok, I know I need some medications, but I was laughing.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    OK, when you mentioned "duck season" opening this weekend, I just flashed back to Bugs Bunny adn Daffy Ducks screaming "Wabbit Season" - "Duck Season" back and forth to each other in front of Elmer Fudd.

You forgot the best part, when it becomes "Elmer Season", lol

"SSSHHHH, We're hunting Elmer" LMAO
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie

"I AM THE MIGHTY WABBIT SWAYER!!!!!!",even though that season doesn't open til next month.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Well gonna be busy tonight (I hope) riding with the ambulance. Tomorrow is gonna be real busy for the entire County because it's Open House Day for all of us. So I suspect that tonight, unless we are busy running calls with actually be Station Clean Up and Vehicle Maintenance Night.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information