Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Other than loosing a birthday during one of my trips, crossing the Dateline or GMT in any direction didn't come with any kind of ceremony. Crossing the Equator was another matter. DAM BEARS! (in case you're wondering, YES, they are cousins to those DAM BEAVERS eheheehehehe)
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi
    Well I bet one day it will be proven.

Someone shot JFK.
    If anything in this message concerns you please write to the Author atThis Address
    You know,I asked my Uncle Binford Smith Wilson(we called him Uncle BS)about this and he told me where he was when that happened:
    "November yer 22nd,1963.That's the day everyone's supposed to remember where they was.
    I was working at the School Book Depository in Dallas Texas.Houghton-Miflin had just come out with that New Math and they had them real thick math books.It was hard to move them boxes so I told them'Y'all got to get someone in here to help me move these boxes.'
    They sent over a fella named Harvey or Oswald,I can't think of his name.
    He'd been in the Marine Corps and I,of course,had been in the Navy for 5 years and he was bragging on how fine a shot your Marine Corps was as opposed to yer Naval forces.
    I sez'I tell you what,you pinko Commie bastid.At lunch,I want you to go back to your boardin' house and bring back your rifle.I got two tickets to the Texas Theater says you can't hit that manhole cover down there by that grassy knoll.'
    Y'know,he cracked off four shots.Damned if the President of the United States didn't happen to drive by at that exact moment.
    We felt bad about that.

From Tim Wilson's "Uncle BS" series.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7
    Other than loosing a birthday during one of my trips, crossing the Dateline or GMT in any direction didn't come with any kind of ceremony. Crossing the Equator was another matter. DAM BEARS! (in case you're wondering, YES, they are cousins to those DAM BEAVERS eheheehehehe)
    I'm told that the proper official US Navy/Royal Navy procedure is to cross the International Dateline eastbound on Friday to have two days for weekly Field Day(not where we did athletic events but cleaned every nook and cranny the Chief could find.and he found a LOT of em)and going westbound,you crossed it on Saturday night to skip Holiday routine on Sunday.

Forum Member

I wonder what JFK or RFK would think of this country now and the direction we have been headed since there deaths.

Written 35 years ago..

Too much and for too long we seem to have surrendered personal excellence and community values in the mere accumulation of material things. Our gross national product now is over $800 billion a year.

But that gross national product, if we judge the United States of America by that, counts air pollution, and cigarette advertising, and ambulances to clear our highways of carnage. It counts special locks for our doors, and the jails for people who break them. It counts the destruction of redwoods and the loss of our natural wonder in chaotic sprawl. It counts napalm and it counts nuclear warheads, and armored cars for the police to fight the riots in our cities. It counts Whitman's rifle and Speck's knife, and the television programs which glorify violence in order to sell toys to our children.

Yet the gross national product does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education, or they joy of their play. It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages, the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither our wit nor our courage, neither our wisdom nor our learning, neither our passion nor our devotion to our country.

It measures everything, in short, except that which makes life worthwhile. And it can tell us everything about America - except why we are proud that we are Americans.

Robert F Kennedy Quoted three months before he was assassinated .

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm a little spud spud full of crap.....
    J
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Forum Member

Let me ask you something who do you think deserves more time in jail this story? Which Snipes is looking at double digits in prison http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

or this story ?
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/enron/
    Biggest scandal in U S History does 6 years for stealing thousands of people's retirement's accounts .

Hook & Can

Last edited by Nine3Probie; 07-28-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Kiwi,Somehow in my quest for power and glory your monumental achievement slipped by me.Our congratulations and keep on posting your insightful observations. T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine3Probie

Mutt...get a clue and take a hike...we don't want you here.
    Dont insult the dog like that!
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Hook & Can

Last edited by Nine3Probie; 07-28-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klienbergtruth
    I wonder what JFK or RFK would think of this country now and the direction we have been headed since there deaths.
    They'd say go away. If you don't like the country, feel free to leave it.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

LienBurgerRuth.

I am assuming you know not which piece of real estate my humble abode is domiciled within.

To give you a hint. The Bloke what found it was not wearing bunched up puffy knickers down to his knees, and only hit a few wee islands of the main land mass before scarpering off home. No sense of adventure that lad.

NOO, he was wearing solid MENS clothes and traveled around the greater land mass, making the first almost accurate map of 2/3 of the land mass.

The second person (who claimed the land for his Queen) was wearing a completely practical Naval Uniform, and made a full map of the land that still astounds cartographers for its accuracy.

In 1963 there were some land mark events in this country.

I was born. Damn important year for me then.

Whaling was stopped. This would have serious implications later with the tourist boom as old whalers looked with great longing at immense Merican tourist blubber floating near beaches.

Sir Dove-Myer Robinson was mayor of Auckland.

At a meeting with the Queen, he once boasted that he was so well known in New Zealand, that if a person were to send a letter to New Zealand addressed only to "Robbie", he was sure to receive it! The Queen tested this assertion, and indeed the letter arrived (helping the reputation of New Zealand Post).

Sir Bob Charles, becomes the first left handed golfer in the world to win a major title, The British Open. One of 70 majors he would win.

Our army, and a couple of legys were in their second year of deployment to Malaysia, fighting in a jungle warfare campaign against terrorist with the British.

This operation run under the "Hearts and Minds" principle, still stands as the most effective of its kind ever undertaken.

An unkown Trucker from our fair land stopped at a Brothel. He handed the madam £100 and says: ĎI want your ugliest woman and a Spam sandwich.í The Madam is astonished. ĎBut sir, for £100 you can have one of my finest ladies and a three course meal,í she says. The trucker replied "Iím not horny, Iím homesick."

Later that year we converted to decimal currency.

Oh and some bloke we really couldn't have given a stuff about had a bad day in texas somewhere.

Now, mr, or misses LienBurgerRuth, I pose a simple question to you...

This is my thread, I started it and some friends have joined in, You are NOT one of them. Would you mind ****ing off and getting your own paranoid playpen somewhere else?

Now clear off before I declare hunting season OPEN
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

PS. This is Meat.

He will be assisting.

And if you think that barrier you put up at the entrance driveway is going to help, think again.

We are smart down here.

(hiding in corner)

Oh no, Kiwi is back to the sheep!
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

FOC-LMAO!

Way to go Ian!

But I have to ask: Who loads for Meat?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

His Missus.

Baabara Meat.

Lime Burger Ruth.

If you wern't worried before, try this little test.

If you are running anything above Windoze 98.

1. Open a DOS command prompt, ok I will help you in your febrile state. Click on Start and then Run, type CMD and click OK.

2. Type "tracert forums.firehouse.com" and hit the enter key.

What you will see appear is the netork connections across the Internet from your IP Address to the FireHouse forums IP Address at 198.87.0.170

Now I ask you this. How hard is it for someone ELSE to see which ISP you are connected through at which time and the IP Address you are using.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

Default OOPS.. There was a second shooter.

Special News Report:

Although there have been some reports that the semen found on Monica Lewinsky's dress has been identified as President Clinton's, some experts are claiming that the semen could not possibly have come from the President.

Robert Glass, a noted ballistics expert, claims that given the position of the President, and the position of Ms. Lewinsky, that it is not possible that the President's semen landed on her dress. "The semen would have to have turned 180 degrees in mid-air!" explained Mr. Glass. "In effect, it would have to be magic semen."

Mr. Glass, and other experts, contend that there must have been a second mystery semen-shooter, standing behind the President. Several White House aides claim that they saw a man during the time period in question standing behind a potted plant in the oval office. Asked why they didn't report him, the aides explained that they assumed that the man was a gardener, there to water the plants. "He was holding something in his hand." explained a White House secretary. "It looked like a hose."

Democrats are now saying that the President has possibly been framed by a vast right-wing conspiracy, and are demanding a new investigation. Ken Starr is outraged by these speculations, claiming that his report is accurate, and that there was a lone semen shooter in the White House. "We have extensively investigated this incident, and have come to the conclusion that Bill Clinton acted alone in the shooting." explained Mr. Starr.

Yet, not every one is satisfied with the Starr Report. "Some one wanted to see that dress get stained." says Bob Long, a friend of the Clintons. "And now, the government is trying to cover it up."

Forum Member

FlyingKiwi -

Lol!! Too Funny!!

Thread Information