Thread: Santa Rosa FD

Forum Member

Default Santa Rosa FD

Hey everyone...
    Just wondering if anyone is testing with Santa Rosa right now, if so, anyone heard back yet? I'm in the hurry up and wait part and getting anxious. Anyone else in that boat?
    Thanks!

Forum Member

Santa Rosa Fire will conduct another round of oral boards the week of October 30th. This round will hire enough to staff a new station opening.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBob
    Santa Rosa Fire will conduct another round of oral boards the week of October 30th. This round will hire enough to staff a new station opening.
    What about the last round of Oral Boards/Chiefs...there is a group of us in backgrounds who haven't heard much of anything.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

One of the ff's I work with just went through his background and his medical is today and psych test tomorrow. He was told Dec.1st is a start date that was given by him from his investigator.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by engineer2000
    One of the ff's I work with just went through his background and his medical is today and psych test tomorrow. He was told Dec.1st is a start date that was given by him from his investigator.
    Well, thanks for the news. I still haven't heard anything after my polygraph, I figured I would have heard something. Did he say how long after his polygraph he was contacted by an investigator? Someone told me that some backgrounds were "outsourced" and may take longer. Anyways, thanks for the update.

Forum Member

One more thing...is your friend applying for Firefighter Recruit or a Lateral FF position?

Forum Member

I believe it was acouple of weeks between the poly and background. The background investigator came to the fire station to talk to the Chief and Station Captain acouple of weeks ago. He also ran into another candidate that works for CDF and is in the same position of time frame as him.
    He applied for lateral, but they took entry and lateral together to test. I do not know the numbers for the academy. He did not know. All he knows if he passes the next two steps (Med and Psych) his tentive start date for the academy is Dec.1. It sounds strange being close to the holidays.

Forum Member

Hmm, well I guess I have to be patient. Maybe I'll hear something this week (hopefully). Everything had been going well, so I was a bit surprised to hear nothing for a few weeks.

Thread Information