Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 699
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Phenix Leather helmets

  1. #221

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Okay I've read through all the posts and was wondering if anyone can help answer this for me? Is the rear brim on the Phenix leather lid any longer than the Cairns New Yorker or Sam Houston???


  2. #222
    Forum Member kiltedfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando,Fl
    Posts
    33

    Cool phenix lid

    just a bit of info for those of us in the south east. John"Bart"Simpson is a phenix Leather authorized dealer out of Florida.If any of you are F.O.O.L.S you probably know of him,(if you don't ,look it up).Not a bad guy to have sell your product dont you agree.

  3. #223
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFire11 View Post
    Okay I've read through all the posts and was wondering if anyone can help answer this for me? Is the rear brim on the Phenix leather lid any longer than the Cairns New Yorker or Sam Houston???
    I dont really think that its any longer..... might be a bit wider....but I love my phenix and most of the brothers I know who have N6As say that when it is time for a new helmet they will be buying a phenix.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  4. #224
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville Fl
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiltedfool View Post
    just a bit of info for those of us in the south east. John"Bart"Simpson is a phenix Leather authorized dealer out of Florida.If any of you are F.O.O.L.S you probably know of him,(if you don't ,look it up).Not a bad guy to have sell your product dont you agree.
    thanks for the heads up

  5. #225
    Forum Member MassFireGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Conservative's Hell
    Posts
    663

    Default

    How are Phenix leather doing? Don't hear about them much anymore and it seems the questions on here stopped. Hell, you can't even find them on ebay anymore.

  6. #226
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MassFireGuy View Post
    How are Phenix leather doing? Don't hear about them much anymore and it seems the questions on here stopped. Hell, you can't even find them on ebay anymore.
    They had a pretty nice booth at FDIC. I sent them an email after I recieved my helmet telling them how much I liked their product and last I checked, they put a quote from me on the front page of their site
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  7. #227

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiltedfool View Post
    just a bit of info for those of us in the south east. John"Bart"Simpson is a phenix Leather authorized dealer out of Florida.If any of you are F.O.O.L.S you probably know of him,(if you don't ,look it up).Not a bad guy to have sell your product dont you agree.

    thanks I'm Florida also, i will try to look him up. I would love to see one in person. The Sam Houston looks sweet but I'm not a fan of Paul Conway.

  8. #228
    Forum Member kiltedfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando,Fl
    Posts
    33

    Cool Phenix Leathers in Florida

    If you go to the Phenix website he is listed as a purchase rep. His e-mail is
    fdtrn1@aol.com Phone# (321)403-7814.our F.O.O.L.S chapter had contacted him about them and he sent out a few samples,Including one he wears and a new one. I don't know if I would have been so generous. Great guy to deal with and talk to. One of the guys in my dept purchased a new N6A , hasn't even seen any action yet. It fell out of the engineers compartment, hit the ground from a few feet up and a 5-6 inch chunk of paint came off the rear brim area and left a big white patch, so he is sending it back. So the helmet looked nice but the quality is definitely lacking. Plus the Houston was quite a bit heavier than the phenix and forget the Conway.

  9. #229

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4

    Talking

    Does anyone know some good sites to order the front shield for the TL2?? Some of the sites have only the 6" LA style shields. I'm looking a different style with the velcro in the middle. Sam Houston has some sweet looking ones but their website is a little screwy.

    Can't wait to get my helmet!

  10. #230
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFire11 View Post
    Does anyone know some good sites to order the front shield for the TL2?? Some of the sites have only the 6" LA style shields. I'm looking a different style with the velcro in the middle. Sam Houston has some sweet looking ones but their website is a little screwy.

    Can't wait to get my helmet!
    This guy was selling shields at Firehouse Expo.

    www.gloveholders.com

    I bought one but it still hasnt come in yet.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  11. #231
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30

    Default

    I read through all 12 pages of this thread but couldn't find an answer. Does phenix custom make helmets for different head sizes? I have a rather large head that neither cairns helmet will fit and really want a leather helmet. thanks in advance.

  12. #232
    Forum Member 76Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Katy,Tx
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LT8npfd View Post
    I read through all 12 pages of this thread but couldn't find an answer. Does phenix custom make helmets for different head sizes? I have a rather large head that neither cairns helmet will fit and really want a leather helmet. thanks in advance.
    According to their web site they can.

    "Our standard suspension liners are fully adjustable from 6 Ĺ" to 8 Ĺ". If necessary, other sizing adjustments may be made upon request."

    http://www.phenixfirehelmets.com/products_tl2.html

  13. #233
    Forum Member 76Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Katy,Tx
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Forgot to mention I'm getting my new phenix leather in a week. I'll take pictures of it compared to the N6A that sits idle for now.

    Photobucket

    Phenix TL-2

    Phenix TL-2

    Phenix TL-2
    Last edited by HFDCasiano; 09-06-2009 at 03:07 PM.

  14. #234

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4

    Thumbs up

    ^^^Looks like you need a new shield!

  15. #235
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HFDCasiano View Post
    Forgot to mention I'm getting my new phenix leather in a week. I'll take pictures of it compared to the N6A that sits idle for now.

    Photobucket

    Phenix TL-2

    Phenix TL-2

    Phenix TL-2
    Like the lid. My TL2 is the same with the black scotchlite. I love the thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    This guy was selling shields at Firehouse Expo.

    www.gloveholders.com

    I bought one but it still hasnt come in yet.
    Shield came in last week and I love it! I'll try to get a pic of it up here shortly.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  16. #236
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MassFireGuy View Post
    How are Phenix leather doing? Don't hear about them much anymore and it seems the questions on here stopped. Hell, you can't even find them on ebay anymore.
    I was wondering the same thing. Even the Fire Store who carries their plastic helmets does not carry the leather versions.

  17. #237
    Forum Member 76Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Katy,Tx
    Posts
    67

    Default

    They are doing good I assume. It took 8 weeks to get mine. I called at 5 weeks and the lady I had spoke with was telling me they have a alot of orders and mine was next up. I have a 5a that my grandad passed along and that is one awesome leather, however its time and abuse dated back to the late 70's and it was time for me to retire and move on. I got a N6A made in 04', didnt really like it much so i stayed with my ben II and ordered the Phenix. Well I sold the N6A and kept my Phenix. My first day of the tour we made a house fire and it took a beating and it held up strong. These are the next big thing. I hope they never change or sell out.

  18. #238
    Forum Member 76Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Katy,Tx
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFire11 View Post
    ^^^Looks like you need a new shield!
    Yeah im tooling mine out out as we speak. This is what the end result will be once painted and smoothed out.

    Photobucket

  19. #239
    Forum Member GTRider245's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Augusta,GA
    Posts
    3,056

    Default

    Good looking shield! Is that the one that comes with the helmet or did you order it rom somewhere else?
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

    -Professional in Either Role-

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

  20. #240
    Forum Member 76Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Katy,Tx
    Posts
    67

    Default

    making them myself. It is a little cheaper that way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. phenix leather helmets
    By tailboardrider in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 07:22 PM
  2. do leather helmets pass impact tests better than non-leathers ones?
    By HeavyRescueTech in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 11:23 AM
  3. Phenix Leather Helmets
    By flyingsquirrel in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 07:30 PM
  4. diffrent leather fire helmets?
    By tailboardrider in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 11:00 AM
  5. Other Leather Helmets
    By leatha4eva in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2002, 06:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts