Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Phenix Leather helmets

Forum Member

Stamped names are now available from Phenix for $40 extra. They do not paint them in though, this is something you can do, or have done yourself. If you need more information, let me know.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Talking Phenix Leather

Thanks for the compliment, I love it. I had them stamp it in when it was at no additional cost for them to do it. I was told I was the last order to have it done for free. I used acrylic paint pens from the local craft store, and my wife is more artistic and patient than I ,so she made it match my Leather glove strap. Came out looking incredible. The rest of the guys on my shift and the guys on "C" shift could not believe that it was actualy lighter and more balanced than our issued UST 6 black helmets. I will probably just wait for the Retrofit leather upgrade designed for this helmet. I actually forwarded some of the entries from this thread to Shaun Russel at Phenix and let them know that this is the only weak spot in the helmet. He was surprissed and stated due to the demand that it might not be a bad idea to produce one.After all a Leather lid should have Leather in the suspension also.

Awesome. I will be ordering one as well. The liner from the Cairns fits, but it is tight.

I don't think there is another company around that has the customer service and communication that Phenix does. Hopefully they will stick true to thier roots and the service will stay that way.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Sorry I need to upload some pictures of my lid.

Forum Member

Great looking helmet!
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Thumbs up finale

Rudy92cx, did you have the finale powder coated or did you just paint it yourself ? That helmet looks incredible all blacked out. At www.leatherlidpaint.com They sell the finals chromed that looks pretty sweet too. I wish I could take the tets off mine but, our safety/training Chief would have a cow.Again nice lid Brother. Leather Forever.

Thumbs up finale

Wrong site. Its www.customlidpaint.com. Its done by two Lake County Fire Rescue guys. They do incredible work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy92cx View Post

It needs to see FIRE!!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Yeah I had it powdercoated matte black and Capt. It's seen some fire I just like keeping it clean LOL. Kiltedfool I've seen the work they do at customlidpaint they do incredible work.

I have another tale of some outstanding customer service for you guys to hear about. I'd say roughly a month ago I sent Phenix a short note, just explaining to them how much I like my helmet and thanking them for a god job done. About 2 weeks after leaving that note with them, I received a Phone Call from Shaun Russel while in a meeting with my Chief.

I was very surprised to hear from him once he introduced himself. He went onto say that he read my little thank you letter personally and wanted to thank me for my kind words. He asked me if I had any complaints, suggestions or issues with my helmet, which I promptly responded no too. And then asked me for a picture of me with my helmet and permission to put my letter onto their website.

I was VERY impressed that he not only took the time to personally read my letter, but also called me about it. I don't think I've ever had a customer service experience like this before, and its rare to see it happen with most big companies these days. Phenix got raised one more notch in my book because of this.
    Opinions expressed by myself here are just that, mine. And not that of ANY organization or service I am affiliated with.

Thumbs up comfort pad/ liner learher upgrade for the TL-2

Well I received an e-mail from Shaun Russel at Phenix about the lack of a better liner option. I have relayed the opinions and ingenuity of some of the Brothers on this blog, and like always Phenix has responded admirably. They have come up with an all leather liner comfort upgrade/ retro fit assembly for the TL-2. Her are the pics that he just posted on Facebook. it will be available the middle of July for purchase. They want to do a little more tweaking. I suggested adding a little more padding to the brow and ratchet area that rests at the nape. But post what you think. They have even done a padded leather oval pad that rests on the top of the head. Looks pretty good. This as I told him is the interior a leather fire helmet should have.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

What is the cost ? Looks like a great upgrade for a awesome helmet.

Shaun stated that it would be around The $55 area. That is comparable to the Cairns and the Paul Conway interiors price tag. He also said that there is a little more padding, especially in the crown pad. But it will be available next month. Yeah, looks like a great upgrade.

Rudy- thats such a badazz helmet but i wish phenix made a "presentation" helmet like the g5a..i want my head in the helmet, not in a bicycle helmet wrapped in leather... i'm still in between what to get, phenix or cairns g5a (or just buy an old 5a). new yorker and sam houstan are out of the question though.
    Last edited by ravage17; 06-03-2010 at 04:12 AM.
    "The third reason we are fighting is because men like to fight. They always have and they always will. Some sophists and other crackpots deny that. They don't know what they're talking about. They are either goddamned fools or cowards, or both. Men like to fight, and if they don't they're not real men. "-Gen. George S. Patton

Ravage17, you do realize that the G5a and G6a helmets are not intended for duty use or interior firefighting. Those are for display and gifts or as collectables only, they have no impact system at all. N5a, and N6a are. So your options for a leather duty helmet are limited. Now that being said, the G6 natural leathers are beautifull and really represent the earlier times of the fire service. Just looking out for a Brother, dont want to see you fork over all that cash and not be able to wear it on the job.

Forum Member

Default Phenix TL-2

Hey Guys,

I've got a TL-2 I want to sell because our department put the ultimate kibosh on traditionals all together (I don't agree or like it and now we were the same helmet as the tow truck company...) It's black and completely unused. I was thinking of selling it for around $325 plus shipping. It this seems high someone let me know. If you're interested email me at inkonscene@gmail.com. If it isn't gone, I'll post pics asap.

Be Safe,

RH01

Forum Member

Forum Member

Thanks Ravage for the kind words. I can't wait for the upgraded leather suspension. This helmet is by far more comfortable than a Sam Houston N6a.

yeah kiltedfool...i know...everyone on this forum knows...but if it was the sake of "having my back" and you think i never saw any of the other four million threads on this site about non nfpa compliant helmet stuff or that i dont have the capability to read on the websites that sell g5a helmets in the big bold letters that say for display purposes only, not for real firefighting B S,...then thanks buddy. but i have read them all, and seen it on the websites, and want one anyways. i like lightness and comfortability. that being said, anyone have, or at least have anymore info on one of these display helmets? are they wearable? i got a feeling calphenix will know for some reason...lol
    "The third reason we are fighting is because men like to fight. They always have and they always will. Some sophists and other crackpots deny that. They don't know what they're talking about. They are either goddamned fools or cowards, or both. Men like to fight, and if they don't they're not real men. "-Gen. George S. Patton

Thread Information