Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Phenix Leather helmets

Forum Member

Default It might be sold soon, but I'll post it anyway

Here's my TL-2 that's for sale for $325 plus shipping. I might have it sold already, but I figured I'd post it anyway. Email me if you want to know if it's sold. inkonscene@gmail.com

RH01
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Cool presentation helmet

Ravage, Sorry if I offended your ego Buddy, I guess thats what I get for trying to be a good Brother.I dont know you from Adam, so you could be a salty 22 year vet or a 2 month probie, who wants to buy into tradition and figured "the Older the better". Like it has been stated before its your noggin your a big boy, and we will do what we want in this job. we recently had a guy buy a pre ratchet, pre MSA Cairns New Yorker on ebay, but our Training/ Safety Chief told him "Not a snowballs chance in hell" was he gonna authorize its use. $450 down the drain.well the probie got caught with it at a fire and was threatend with termination for going against a Chiefs direct orders. So yeah ,I was looking out for you, because some in our field , dont realize these small details. But like I also stated they are incredible and light. So , thanks you taught me a lesson.Stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by kiltedfool View Post
    Ravage, Sorry if I offended your ego Buddy, I guess thats what I get for trying to be a good Brother.I dont know you from Adam, so you could be a salty 22 year vet or a 2 month probie, who wants to buy into tradition and figured "the Older the better". Like it has been stated before its your noggin your a big boy, and we will do what we want in this job. we recently had a guy buy a pre ratchet, pre MSA Cairns New Yorker on ebay, but our Training/ Safety Chief told him "Not a snowballs chance in hell" was he gonna authorize its use. $450 down the drain.well the probie got caught with it at a fire and was threatend with termination for going against a Chiefs direct orders. So yeah ,I was looking out for you, because some in our field , dont realize these small details. But like I also stated they are incredible and light. So , thanks you taught me a lesson.Stay safe
    According to his profile... he's has 4 years in...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

nah kilted i really actually meant thanks buddy when i said it, i was just trying to make it a little funny about how that always gets brought up on here and everywhere else. i can see how i came up a little bit "azzhole-ish" there, but i didnt mean it like that so i'm sorry buddy! and yeah i wouldnt be able to wear it at my department that i currently work at but i like to mess around with the academy and do random training with the guys all the time so i want a nice old school leather thats light and comfy that one day ill be able to hang up or somethin.
    Last edited by ravage17; 06-06-2010 at 11:31 AM.
    "The third reason we are fighting is because men like to fight. They always have and they always will. Some sophists and other crackpots deny that. They don't know what they're talking about. They are either goddamned fools or cowards, or both. Men like to fight, and if they don't they're not real men. "-Gen. George S. Patton

Ravage, no harm ,no foul, Brother.There is a black cairns G6 on ebay ending soon good price. Yeah it would be cool to put in a cabinet or on the wall. Good Luck Brother. And for the rest of you , the firt one to make any "hug "references gets a swift kick in the rear.....Stay safe out there ..people suck

I ROCK BROTHER !!! haha

Forum Member

Default Still Selling...

Still looking for a buyer... Unused Phenix TL-2 with NFPA sticker... Sat on a shelf only. Will sell for $300 plus shipping... email at inkonscene@gmail.com

RH01

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero01 View Post
    Still looking for a buyer... Unused Phenix TL-2 with NFPA sticker... Sat on a shelf only. Will sell for $300 plus shipping... email at inkonscene@gmail.com

RH01
    hey man, sent you an email.

Did someone call the NFPA police?

It happened two shifts after he approached the training Chief about it,so it was still fresh in his mind. The fire happened to be in his Neighborhood so he showed up on scene to scope it out.Tough break for the new guy. The same Chief has a fit about Bourkes, if he catches you with them on a helmet, you will get a written and get your yellow metro helmet reisued to you for six months, pretty pathetic in my opinion. The flip down shield kept breaking on my issued ust-6, so i through a set of goggle on there to make him happy. He is in the drop so not much longer.....

Damn, what dept is that?
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Damn, what dept is that?
    One where the Chief needs to pull his head out of his _______.

Some Chiefs take this crap WAY to far. It's like the dumb reflective vest that you see guys wearing. Pretty soon you'll see them wearing them in fires. Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by MassFireGuy View Post
    One where the Chief needs to pull his head out of his _______.

Some Chiefs take this crap WAY to far. It's like the dumb reflective vest that you see guys wearing. Pretty soon you'll see them wearing them in fires. Idiots.
    I don't know, can't really make a connection between the two. Wearing a vest when working on a roadway makes sense. The whole helmet debacle, not so much.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

MembersZone Subscriber

Last edited by VESmedic; 07-09-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MassFireGuy View Post
    It's like the dumb reflective vest that you see guys wearing. Pretty soon you'll see them wearing them in fires. Idiots.
    I'm one of those guys. If it's something that keeps me from becoming a Kenworth hood ornimate, I'll wear it. I'll leave it on the rig for the 2nd alarm, though...
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    I don't know, can't really make a connection between the two. Wearing a vest when working on a roadway makes sense. The whole helmet debacle, not so much.
    Because the reflective strips on your coat are different...

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey guys quick question on how the helmet rides.

My n5a has the ratchet pulled out, the pad at the top etc, and sits nice and low, very comfortable. Unfortunately, my department is big on NFPA rating, so I can no longer where the N5a. I tried on my buddies tl2 and while I like it, it seems to have sat higher than I would have liked. Is there any way for it to sit lower? can the pad at the top be taken out like in the cairns n5a? It might have been how I had the earflaps as well, as i didn't tuck them up into the helmet, and rather over the ratcher, which might have made it feel weird.

Also, am I reading this right, they make a version without a ratchet?

The suspension adjusts up and down as needed. How is everyone getting these low riding helmets to sit right when wearing a mask? If I wear mine too low it rides on the mask instead of being supported by the suspension. Not a good thing.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    The suspension adjusts up and down as needed. How is everyone getting these low riding helmets to sit right when wearing a mask? If I wear mine too low it rides on the mask instead of being supported by the suspension. Not a good thing.
    oh you can? How do you adjust it up and down? I thought when you turn the ratchet it just adjusts the circumfrance around your head? Guess I need to look at it again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
    oh you can? How do you adjust it up and down? I thought when you turn the ratchet it just adjusts the circumfrance around your head? Guess I need to look at it again.
    There are other adjustment points other than the ratchet so the entire suspension can be moved. The other option to consider is the nape strap instead of the ratchet. It may site lower depending on your heads shape. Let me know if you need more information.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Thread Information