Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Phenix Leather helmets

Forum Member

Where did you get your shield?
    Last edited by PLJ271; 04-27-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: entered in wrong spot

Forum Member

From phenix Handtub put my order in. It will be here in two weeks.

Got my new TL-2! Here are some pics of it compared to my old Paul Conway American Classic. Now to break it in!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Holy crap that's a nice looking lid! Damn! I recently ordered a Paul Conway... With all these reviews, it looks like I should have gone withe the TL
    Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls.

I've tried on two TL2's. I like them, except that they don't fit or wear like a Cairns. If you could put the Cairns insides on the TL2's outsides, you'd have the best helmet ever.

Forum Member

I agree with footrat whole heartedly

Forum Member

Default Phenix 9-11 commemorative helmet

Phenix Technology is proud to announce our limited edition commemorative 9-11 helmet designed to remember our fallen brothers on that fateful day ten years ago this September. The helmet will be a completely functional TL-2; in either an OSHA or NFPA configuration. It will have a completely redesigned filigree rendered by famous fire artist Dave Hubert (OCFA retired). It is hand crafted and exemplifies the quality you expect from Phenix Technology. Only 343 pieces will be made. Each helmet will include an engraved stamp authenticating the production number along with a certificate of authenticity. They will only be sold until the last one ”343” is purchased or December 24th.

To be one of the first to see and receive more details about this incredible, work of art, fire helmet committed to the memory of the 343 that gave their lives that day, please join our mailing list on either our website or Facebook page under “join our list”. Your investment in one of these authenticated commemorative fire helmets will benefit a charity that dedicates its donations to fallen firefighters family’s around the country.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Phenix is now accepting orders for the 9-11 commemorative helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Calphenix View Post
    Phenix Technology is proud to announce our limited edition commemorative 9-11 helmet designed to remember our fallen brothers on that fateful day ten years ago this September. The helmet will be a completely functional TL-2; in either an OSHA or NFPA configuration. It will have a completely redesigned filigree rendered by famous fire artist Dave Hubert (OCFA retired). It is hand crafted and exemplifies the quality you expect from Phenix Technology. Only 343 pieces will be made. Each helmet will include an engraved stamp authenticating the production number along with a certificate of authenticity. They will only be sold until the last one ”343” is purchased or December 24th.

To be one of the first to see and receive more details about this incredible, work of art, fire helmet committed to the memory of the 343 that gave their lives that day, please join our mailing list on either our website or Facebook page under “join our list”. Your investment in one of these authenticated commemorative fire helmets will benefit a charity that dedicates its donations to fallen firefighters family’s around the country.

How much $$ is going from each sale to benifit fallen members across the USA???

$700.00 a pop is a bit of cash.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post

I cant answer your question about the proceeds, however, $700 isnt too far out of line for a commemorative helmet considering a comparable N6a is the same price at theFirestore.com
    Buck
    Assistant Chief/EMT-B

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frmboybuck View Post
    I cant answer your question about the proceeds, however, $700 isnt too far out of line for a commemorative helmet considering a comparable N6a is the same price at theFirestore.com
    Considering that the helmet is a limited run, hand engraved with more than "911 FDNY" or something to the like that's well within the realm of quality vs price.

If I had the disposable cash right now I'd be ordering one

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post

Sorry I was at Firehouse Expo and I didnt get much time to check my computer 10% will be going to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frmboybuck View Post
    Yes, but an N6A is something you would wear in your job. Would you be wearing the commemorative helmet? That's a lot of cash for something that will sit on a shelf. And only $70 goes to the NFFF. I would just assume buy a helmet ill use and donate some $$ to NFFF.

But if you like collectibles, go for it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WD6956 View Post
    Yes, but an N6A is something you would wear in your job. Would you be wearing the commemorative helmet? That's a lot of cash for something that will sit on a shelf. And only $70 goes to the NFFF. I would just assume buy a helmet ill use and donate some $$ to NFFF.

But if you like collectibles, go for it.
    This is a fully functional Leather fire helmet in both OSHA and NFPA models.

Quote Originally Posted by Calphenix View Post
    This is a fully functional Leather fire helmet in both OSHA and NFPA models.
    How many of the ones who have purchased one actually plan to wear it at work? Not saying it couldn't be done, but that would be a little ridiculous.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    How many of the ones who have purchased one actually plan to wear it at work? Not saying it couldn't be done, but that would be a little ridiculous.
    According to our facebook page one person that I know of has worn theirs on a working fire.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    That was my whole point. I don't doubt it's NFPA and OSHA approved. But why would you buy a limited edition hand carved helmet then wear it on the job?

Forum Member

one's available on EBay.....$900+ !!

seems like someone's making some cash " on the side" ?

Forum Member

Ebay add looks a little fishy.
    Last edited by jbrescue; 08-22-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Thread Information