Permanently Removed

Default Califorina Wildfire Survivors are now a "special interest".

Well now I guess the Esperanza Fire survivors are now "special interest".

Arnold actually flew down there to make an appearance. Funny how an election year will do that to a politician looking to be re-elected.

Last year he passed on a CHP Officer's funeral just to fly out of state to watch a baseball game. What a loser!

Story link- http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061030/...socal_wildfire

Forum Member

Default I know from previous posts...

...that you don't like Arnold and think he has been bad for the fire service, but don't you think if he had stayed away, people would have given him crap about THAT? It's like he can't win for losing...

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU
    Well now I guess the Esperanza Fire survivors are now "special interest".

Arnold actually flew down there to make an appearance. Funny how an election year will do that to a politician looking to be re-elected.

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by randsc
    ...that you don't like Arnold and think he has been bad for the fire service, but don't you think if he had stayed away, people would have given him crap about THAT? It's like he can't win for losing...
    No, he has been bad for the fire service. He only comes out if its to his advantage. He doesnt care for my brothers and sisters in my state. He wants to screw us over at every turn.

A CHP Officer died in the line of duty and Arnold choose to attend a baseball game/fund raiser instead. Thats just not right.

All I ask for is any backing from fire service people in the other parts of the nation. Some people of this country would like nothing better to see him move up in his political career. (Yes, I know he cant be President, yet.)
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 10-30-2006 at 03:40 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

No, he has been bad for the fire service. He only comes out if its to his advantage. He doesnt care for my brothers and sisters in my state. He wants to screw us over at every turn.

A CHP Officer died in the line of duty and Arnold choose to attend a baseball game/fund raiser instead. Thats just not right.

All I ask for is any backing from fire service people in the other parts of the nation. Some people of this country would like nothing better to see him move up in his political career. (Yes, I know he cant be President, yet.)
    Could it be possible that he learned something from CHP debacle?
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider
    Could it be possible that he learned something from CHP debacle?

Too little, too late. This guy does not like public safety employees. How else can I state this?

Forum Member

Default Bad Ahhnold.....shame on you!

Hey Brett, I saw 'ole Ahhnold on CNN last night looking good for his photo opp with all the FF's behind him. How pathetic of him to use our Brother's deaths to advance his political agenda and act like he care's. He doesn't care about FF's, police officer's, nurse's or teacher's......trying to get his talon's into everyone's retirement funds. (Including my father, who's been a sheriff sergeant for 32 year's in the state of California).

My .02 cents...keep the change.

AZFF

Forum Member

Too little, too late. This guy does not like public safety employees. How else can I state this?
    Just to ruffle a few feathers: few Republicans do.

Unfortunately, we generally only have two choices.

Forum Member

Default You see, this is what I'm saying

He doesn't show up for the CHP, he's wrong. He DOES show up for the FS, he's wrong.

Arnold may be horrible for the fire service; you would certainly know better than I. But this incident does not demonstrate your point. It was entirely appropriate for him to show up, and if he hadn't, people would have been justifiably p-o'd.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SBrooks
    Just to ruffle a few feathers: few Republicans do.

Unfortunately, we generally only have two choices.

Well at least they don't tear apart our entire military.

Forum Member

If he gets re-elected, then it's 4 more years of battling him over issues such as our pensions.
    He is a real piece of work.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by randsc
    He doesn't show up for the CHP, he's wrong. He DOES show up for the FS, he's wrong.

Arnold may be horrible for the fire service; you would certainly know better than I. But this incident does not demonstrate your point. It was entirely appropriate for him to show up, and if he hadn't, people would have been justifiably p-o'd.
    Basically what my esteemed Brother Bou is ranting about is the fact that in the past Arnie has tried at every level to screw the public safety and education workforce by decreasing benefits, survivor benefits ans so on. While at the same time touting needs for better public safety programs, educational programs and so on. With this year being an election year the Gov shows up at a fire praising the very people he tried to screw over as if we had forgotten. He's in a tight race with Phil Angeledes and he's using every opportunity to get camera time.
    We've had other LODD's in Ca this year and the Gov didn't show because the national news was not there. I underestand Bou's frustration.
    IAFF

Permanently Removed

Thanks bro! Well said. This guy is not the movie hero everyone thought he was.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFD1067
    If he gets re-elected, then it's 4 more years of battling him over issues such as our pensions.
    He is a real piece of work.
    He has committed to not attacking pensions. But as Ronald Reagan used to say, "trust but verify".
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Permanently Removed

PS- Arnold forgets, we dont. And YOU could be next. He could run for other offices that do not require to be natural born. Careful, the fox already has one foot in the hen house.

Last edited by CALFFBOU; 10-31-2006 at 04:00 PM.

Forum Member

PS- Arnold forgets, we dont. And YOU could be next. He could run for other offices that do not require to be natural born. Careful, the fox already has one foot in the hen house.
    And oddly enough, one of my guys was asking if Arnold could be Vice President. We found out he could. If the President is not able to fulfill their duties the order of succession jumps over him to the Speaker of the House.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

the 4-1-4

If Arnold is screwing you guys in California that bad, fine. I'll take your word for it; you live there, I don't, and as such are more informed as to his policies than am I.
    What I won't buy is that it is a democrat/republican thing, because all you need to do is visit my state, and hang with my politicians, most of whom are democrats. They are constantly trying to raid our pension fund, they are extremely corrupt and have plunged my city into an economic turmoil that could bankrupt us. Honestly, the leadership in my city has to be more corrupt than that of our neighbor to the south.

Democrats are every bit as corrupt, and as likely to screw public employees as everyone claims republicans are.

Permanently Removed

Jasper- OK, I will take your word for it. And if there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know.

-Bou

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    He has committed to not attacking pensions. But as Ronald Reagan used to say, "trust but verify".
    I hope that stands true.I DO NOT TRUST HIM.

the 4-1-4

Jasper- OK, I will take your word for it. And if there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know.

Will do Bou.
    I should have included with my earlier post that if he did try to raid your pensions, and diminish your injury and line-of-duty benefits, you should never trust him again. The term 'mutt' would be worthy of anyone who thinks stealing from our pension funds is a good way to try to balance a budget.

Thread Information