Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Had to share this...

This video, in my opinion, is one bad ***** video on Firefighting. I saw in once before and and thought it was worth sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRnoA...elated&search=

Forum Member

First let me say this post is not in response to you, firetruckred, but in response to the video creator. In my opinion, there are those in our profession who are proud of what they do, then there are those who flaunt what they do and frankly embaress me (I don't know about others) with some of the things they do. While this video wasn't so over the top, it just reminds me of those people who go out in public and in every conversation they participate in, all they can do is bring it back around to them in the fire service. Sorry for the rant, and again, this wasn't directed toward you firetruckred.

" Leather Forever"

Nice video and a good song!!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter1023
    First let me say this post is not in response to you, firetruckred, but in response to the video creator. In my opinion, there are those in our profession who are proud of what they do, then there are those who flaunt what they do and frankly embaress me (I don't know about others) with some of the things they do. While this video wasn't so over the top, it just reminds me of those people who go out in public and in every conversation they participate in, all they can do is bring it back around to them in the fire service. Sorry for the rant, and again, this wasn't directed toward you firetruckred.
    I can't see what problem you had with this video. It should both career and volunteer, rural, urban and suburban and everything in between.

Now.. the video by the guys in PG known as "33" is another story entirely.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Awesome video, thanks for sharing Red. Did anyone else cringe when they saw that crashed Helo? The only Helos we see around here are of the EMS sort, God I hope I never have to see one of those that went down.

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Forum Member

[ The only Helos we see around here are of the EMS sort, God I hope I never have to see one of those that went down.[/QUOTE]

That is a medical helicopter, it crashed in D.C. a few months ago. I don't remember if there was a patient aboard.

MembersZone Subscriber voyager9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkfd7505
    Did anyone else cringe when they saw that crashed Helo? The only Helos we see around here are of the EMS sort, God I hope I never have to see one of those that went down.
    I must have looked too quickly. All I thought was "Wow, they parked awefully close for an LZ".

Pretty good slideshow, though a little repeditive. Most of the shots were of the "Ohh, big fire"-type. Then again, I guess shots of alarm-panel resets wouldn't have the same appeal.

MembersZone Subscriber ffemtPAJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by voyager9
    Pretty good slideshow, though a little repeditive. Most of the shots were of the "Ohh, big fire"-type. Then again, I guess shots of alarm-panel resets wouldn't have the same appeal.
    I agree, it was alittle intense. Follow me around for a few days and you'd get a lot of footage of alarm-panel resets, fender-benders and an old guy saying "Marge here said she smelled something burning, so I figured we should call."
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

It looks hot in there PureAdrenalin's Avatar

sweetness..

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo
    I can't see what problem you had with this video. It should both career and volunteer, rural, urban and suburban and everything in between.

Now.. the video by the guys in PG known as "33" is another story entirely.
    First, Thank you Captain. That was my thoughts exactly, plus you see a number of different techniques/tactics used. It is just amazingly put together, in my opinion, and the song just gives it one more additive to a great video.

I especially love the sign on the truck that has the mirror image of the fire and says "Let's go guys" and the last pic of the brothers together.

It is so good I think I will watch it a third time. : )

Hmm, I thought the video was well done, not to mention entertaining. I agree, it had none of the "hey, look at how great I am" crap the other video had.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Yes, I agree. The video was well done and a great tune. There was no hero crap and "hey look at me" stuff.

I agree with the good Captain.....the "33" videos are the "hey look at me" crap. Good footage and tunes just put together wrong in my opinion.

Good video
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

I liked it. It was put together well and seemed to send the message that the producer wanted to send. I do not see the "hey look I am a firefighter" thing. Thanks for posting it Red
    K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
    EVERYONE GOES HOME
    IACOJ

I was kind of shocked when I saw the image which I have attached in the movie. It is a fire which a local department near me had back in march. (We sent a tanker to this fire) It is also from the same fire which my avatar is based from. ( I, or anyone I know had nothing to do with this video) Small world ain't it?

BTW, it was an old abandoned school.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Thaddie; 11-02-2006 at 02:31 AM.
    Firefighter
    Eureka District Fire Department

Quote Originally Posted by Thaddie
    I was kind of shocked when I saw the image which I have attached in the movie. It is a fire which a local department near me had back in march. (We sent a tanker to this fire) It is also from the same fire which my avatar is based from. ( I, or anyone I know had nothing to do with this video) Small world ain't it?

BTW, it was an old abandoned school.
    Nice pics Thaddie, I especially like the fallen sprinkler system. Glad you mentioned that it was abandon because I would have really been worried if that building was still in use.

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

sweet
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by voyager9
    I must have looked too quickly. All I thought was "Wow, they parked awefully close for an LZ".

Look at 3:21/3:51, I beleive thats the right helocopter :-\

Thread Information