Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum
    Added House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., struggling to keep his party in control of Congress: "Our soldiers risk their lives in the face of grave dangers on the battlefield, and no one who chooses to courageously and selflessly defend our country can be considered 'uneducated.'"
    And how would Hastert know this? Perhaps he could regale us with a good 'there I was' story during his service in uniform. Or maybe he was too busy covering up for pedophiles.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    And how would Hastert know this? Perhaps he could regale us with a good 'there I was' story during his service in uniform. Or maybe he was too busy covering up for pedophiles.
    Are you saying only veterans have ownership of "respect" or can defend the honor of our military?
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Default As opposed to the...

...the Democrat's months-long campaign against someone who is not running for office.

I have to admire this strategy by the national Republican Party -- mounting a last-minute campaign against someone who is not running for office! The strategy will be 100% effective. Kerry will not win next Tuesday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheChicagoKid
    You shouldn't call this the LIBERAL view. There are liberals who disagree with Senator Kerry and his opinions, Don't forget that. It might be his view on the military, but not mine and i'd like to consider my self a liberal.
    Ditto. I didn't want Kerry as our candidate for President last time, and I don't want him next time. In a roundabout way, I'm happy that he's putting his foot in his mouth now so we'll be rid of him - at least as a presidential candidate - by the time we get to the '08 primary.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED
    I would think that his comments reflect the view not only of liberals but also conservatives...both usually comming from money $$$.
    That's a better characterization than anything being spun out by either side right now.

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't forget that Kerry was the official candidate of the IAFF. Funny this happens while in the Deval Patrick thread questioning the the IAFF's choices is taboo.

Forum Member

Came across this pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Forum Member

What sort of an idiot makes a joke or should I say, was supposedly trying to make a joke, about another guy's level of education, when the other guy graduated from the same college as the first?

And the other guy who's supposedly the intended butt of the joke stayed in school longer and earned a higher degree than the guy who's trying to make a funny?

And the inept funnyman was trying to make this supposed joke about the Harvard MBA's level of education, to an audience of community college losers?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

(No offense intended to any of our firefighters here that are currently enrolled in Community College )
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 11-01-2006 at 02:30 PM.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

Wonder if he questioned Pat Tillmans intelligence.

Rest in peace brother.....

College educated and walked away from millions he earned, not married into.

He was for the joke before he was against it
    Last edited by RoughRider; 11-01-2006 at 02:36 PM.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider

The guy was a football player, I question the guys intellegence but it has nothing to do with him enlisting! Although he should have gone Marines!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace
    The guy was a football player, I question the guys intellegence but it has nothing to do with him enlisting! Although he should have gone Marines!

Gotta agree with you on that one Dennis.

And going to college - any college - does nto imply that you are intelligent. Does not mean that you were smart (Ted Kennedy got booted from Harvard for cheating). I went to Duke. Does this mean that I am smart? Hell no.

Some of the most intelligent people I have met are not college graduates. Many have an Associates. They are intelligent people.

John Kerry, well he is a blithering idiot. And this statement will haunt him like a dog in 2 years if he is stupid enough to run again.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    Gotta agree with you on that one Dennis.

And going to college - any college - does nto imply that you are intelligent. Does not mean that you were smart (Ted Kennedy got booted from Harvard for cheating). I went to Duke. Does this mean that I am smart? Hell no.

Some of the most intelligent people I have met are not college graduates. Many have an Associates. They are intelligent people.

John Kerry, well he is a blithering idiot. And this statement will haunt him like a dog in 2 years if he is stupid enough to run again.
    Sign me up too. I've met and managed many college educated people who were scholastic wiz-kids....but couldn't hit their ***** with both hands. Knowledge is power yes, but if you don't know how to use it you might as well have stayed home.

I'll be soooooooo glad when the bloody elections are over. The idiots will still be around, but at least they won't have quite as much TV time.
    In Arduis Fidelis
    Faithful in Adversity

Forum Member

Angry Bonesmen

Why do you guys waste your time bad mouthing your brothers over a couple millionaires playing politics. Both Bush and Kerry, are sworn members of The Order of the Skull and Bones. Bonesmen believe that the United States should be the first in the New World order. To achieve this, the Order believes in "constructive chaos." Keeping true intentions secret by constantly sending out mixed signals on all critical policy issues, and keeping sacrosanct their self-created vision of New World warriors. Both Bush and Kerry appear to be victims of this self-aggrandized thinking. Bonesmen have an affinity for the theory in which the State is absolute and individuals are granted their freedom based on their obedience to the State.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rfdlou
    Why do you guys waste your time bad mouthing your brothers over a couple millionaires playing politics. Both Bush and Kerry, are sworn members of The Order of the Skull and Bones. Bonesmen believe that the United States should be the first in the New World order. To achieve this, the Order believes in "constructive chaos." Keeping true intentions secret by constantly sending out mixed signals on all critical policy issues, and keeping sacrosanct their self-created vision of New World warriors. Both Bush and Kerry appear to be victims of this self-aggrandized thinking. Bonesmen have an affinity for the theory in which the State is absolute and individuals are granted their freedom based on their obedience to the State.
    you are funny
    -Big Russ

Forum Member

Thumbs down what a brother thinks

Kevin Tillman joined the Army with his brother Pat in 2002, and they served together in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pat was killed in Afghanistan on April 22, 2004. Kevin, was discharged in 2005
    By Kevin Tillman

It is Pat’s birthday on November 6, and elections are the day after. It gets me thinking about a conversation I had with Pat before we joined the military. He spoke about the risks with signing the papers. How once we committed, we were at the mercy of the American leadership and the American people. How we could be thrown in a direction not of our volition. How fighting as a soldier would leave us without a voice… until we get out.

Much has happened since we handed over our voice:

Somehow we were sent to invade a nation because it was a direct threat to the American people, or to the world, or harbored terrorists, or was involved in the September 11 attacks, or received weapons-grade uranium from Niger, or had mobile weapons labs, or WMD, or had a need to be liberated, or we needed to establish a democracy, or stop an insurgency, or stop a civil war we created that can’t be called a civil war even though it is. Something like that.

Somehow America has become a country that projects everything that it is not and condemns everything that it is.

Somehow our elected leaders were subverting international law and humanity by setting up secret prisons around the world, secretly kidnapping people, secretly holding them indefinitely, secretly not charging them with anything, secretly torturing them. Somehow that overt policy of torture became the fault of a few “bad apples” in the military.

Somehow back at home, support for the soldiers meant having a five-year-old kindergartener scribble a picture with crayons and send it overseas, or slapping stickers on cars, or lobbying Congress for an extra pad in a helmet. It’s interesting that a soldier on his third or fourth tour should care about a drawing from a five-year-old; or a faded sticker on a car as his friends die around him; or an extra pad in a helmet, as if it will protect him when an IED throws his vehicle 50 feet into the air as his body comes apart and his skin melts to the seat.

Somehow the more soldiers that die, the more legitimate the illegal invasion becomes.

Somehow American leadership, whose only credit is lying to its people and illegally invading a nation, has been allowed to steal the courage, virtue and honor of its soldiers on the ground.

Somehow those afraid to fight an illegal invasion decades ago are allowed to send soldiers to die for an illegal invasion they started.

Somehow faking character, virtue and strength is tolerated.

Somehow profiting from tragedy and horror is tolerated.

Somehow the death of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people is tolerated.

Somehow subversion of the Bill of Rights and The Constitution is tolerated.

Somehow suspension of Habeas Corpus is supposed to keep this country safe.

Somehow torture is tolerated.

Somehow lying is tolerated.

Somehow reason is being discarded for faith, dogma, and nonsense.

Somehow American leadership managed to create a more dangerous world.

Somehow a narrative is more important than reality.

Somehow America has become a country that projects everything that it is not and condemns everything that it is.

Somehow the most reasonable, trusted and respected country in the world has become one of the most irrational, belligerent, feared, and distrusted countries in the world.

Somehow being politically informed, diligent, and skeptical has been replaced by apathy through active ignorance.

Somehow the same incompetent, narcissistic, virtueless, vacuous, malicious criminals are still in charge of this country.

Somehow this is tolerated.

Somehow nobody is accountable for this.

In a democracy, the policy of the leaders is the policy of the people. So don’t be shocked when our grandkids bury much of this generation as traitors to the nation, to the world and to humanity. Most likely, they will come to know that “somehow” was nurtured by fear, insecurity and indifference, leaving the country vulnerable to unchecked, unchallenged parasites.

Luckily this country is still a democracy. People still have a voice. People still can take action. It can start after Pat’s birthday.

Brother and Friend of Pat Tillman,

Kevin Tillman

Forum Member

Are you saying only veterans have ownership of "respect" or can defend the honor of our military?
    With all the issues Hastert has with his own group (sexual predators, bribery etc) he might want to refrain from bashing others.

MembersZone Subscriber

Uh boy

IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Kevin Tillman joined the Army with his brother Pat in 2002, and they served together in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pat was killed in Afghanistan on April 22, 2004. Kevin, was discharged in 2005
    By Kevin Tillman

It is Pat’s birthday on November 6, and elections are the day after. It gets me thinking about a conversation I had with Pat before we joined the military. He spoke about the risks with signing the papers. How once we committed, we were at the mercy of the American leadership and the American people. How we could be thrown in a direction not of our volition. How fighting as a soldier would leave us without a voice… until we get out.

Much has happened since we handed over our voice:

Somehow we were sent to invade a nation because it was a direct threat to the American people, or to the world, or harbored terrorists, or was involved in the September 11 attacks, or received weapons-grade uranium from Niger, or had mobile weapons labs, or WMD, or had a need to be liberated, or we needed to establish a democracy, or stop an insurgency, or stop a civil war we created that can’t be called a civil war even though it is. Something like that.

Somehow our elected leaders were subverting international law and humanity by setting up secret prisons around the world, secretly kidnapping people, secretly holding them indefinitely, secretly not charging them with anything, secretly torturing them. Somehow that overt policy of torture became the fault of a few “bad apples” in the military.

Somehow back at home, support for the soldiers meant having a five-year-old kindergartener scribble a picture with crayons and send it overseas, or slapping stickers on cars, or lobbying Congress for an extra pad in a helmet. It’s interesting that a soldier on his third or fourth tour should care about a drawing from a five-year-old; or a faded sticker on a car as his friends die around him; or an extra pad in a helmet, as if it will protect him when an IED throws his vehicle 50 feet into the air as his body comes apart and his skin melts to the seat.

Somehow the more soldiers that die, the more legitimate the illegal invasion becomes.

Somehow American leadership, whose only credit is lying to its people and illegally invading a nation, has been allowed to steal the courage, virtue and honor of its soldiers on the ground.

Somehow those afraid to fight an illegal invasion decades ago are allowed to send soldiers to die for an illegal invasion they started.

Somehow faking character, virtue and strength is tolerated.

Somehow profiting from tragedy and horror is tolerated.

Somehow the death of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people is tolerated.

Somehow subversion of the Bill of Rights and The Constitution is tolerated.

Somehow suspension of Habeas Corpus is supposed to keep this country safe.

Somehow torture is tolerated.

Somehow lying is tolerated.

Somehow reason is being discarded for faith, dogma, and nonsense.

Somehow American leadership managed to create a more dangerous world.

Somehow a narrative is more important than reality.

Somehow the most reasonable, trusted and respected country in the world has become one of the most irrational, belligerent, feared, and distrusted countries in the world.

Somehow being politically informed, diligent, and skeptical has been replaced by apathy through active ignorance.

Somehow the same incompetent, narcissistic, virtueless, vacuous, malicious criminals are still in charge of this country.

Somehow this is tolerated.

Somehow nobody is accountable for this.

In a democracy, the policy of the leaders is the policy of the people. So don’t be shocked when our grandkids bury much of this generation as traitors to the nation, to the world and to humanity. Most likely, they will come to know that “somehow” was nurtured by fear, insecurity and indifference, leaving the country vulnerable to unchecked, unchallenged parasites.

Luckily this country is still a democracy. People still have a voice. People still can take action. It can start after Pat’s birthday.

Brother and Friend of Pat Tillman,

Kevin Tillman

Guess what. John Kerry thinks Kevin Tillman is dumb as well.

IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

rfdlou-- OK, so you posted an article, supposedly written by Kevin Tillman and then purchased by truthdig.com (have you even looked at this website?) for publishing. Is your point that Pat Tillman didn't support the war so those who mention him or honor his memory are wrong for doing so? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to put much worth in it. I still for one have the highest respect for Pat Tillman, and any other soldier that is performing their duty (kind of like what we do on the home front).

Forum Member

I have to laugh at title of this thread. As if Kerry represented all liberals. It would be like me accusing all conservatives of treating children like Mark Foley.

Which was very curious why there was no mention of that whole episode on these boards.

I'll take Kerrys faux pas any day over Foley's actions.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have to laugh at title of this thread. As if Kerry represented all liberals. It would be like me accusing all conservatives of treating children like Mark Foley.

Which was very curious why there was no mention of that whole episode on these boards.

SC,

Foley doesn’t represent the leadership of Republican party. He would never get the Republican nod to be President. Even before his despicable actions were exposed.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Default Actually...

...no. It would be like you attacking all Republicans for the words of George Bush. Which, of course, is what the entire mid-term election strategy of the Democratic party amounts to.

The best correlate to Mark Foley would be Gerry Studds. Of course, Studds actually drugged and *****-fck'd a page, not just sent him nasty IM's, but whatever.

I was so thrilled when the PFFM endorsed Studds repeatedly, I just can't express it.

TFD2008
    Firehouse.com Guest

Yesterday when Bush spoke he didnt say it clearly. He should have been more stern and said "say it again, and I am gonna put my foot in your ***** pu$$y!"

Forum Member

SC,

Foley doesn’t represent the leadership of Republican party. He would never get the Republican nod to be President. Even before his despicable actions were exposed.
    What leadership does Kerry represent? Reid is the Minority Leader. Dean is the leader of the DNC. Kerry was there stumping for a dem gubenatorial candidate. Kerry got the nod for President and he lost. Does that transform him into the dem leadership? I don't recall Bush 41 being considered part of the leadership of the Republican Party after he lost in 1992.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by randsc
    ...no. It would be like you attacking all Republicans for the words of George Bush. Which, of course, is what the entire mid-term election strategy of the Democratic party amounts to.
    Big difference. Bush is President. His actions and speeches are a clear indication of policy directions he wants to pursue. It comes with the position.

Quote Originally Posted by randsc
    The best correlate to Mark Foley would be Gerry Studds. Of course, Studds actually drugged and *****-fck'd a page, not just sent him nasty IM's, but whatever.

I was so thrilled when the PFFM endorsed Studds repeatedly, I just can't express it.
    Is this your best defense of Foley.....oooohhhh lookie. The Dems have a pedophile in their past as well. How interesting that you have to go waaaayyyy back to 1983 to find a Dem pedophile scandal. Hmmm....let's see. What else happened that year in Congress. As usual, Republicans who bring up Studds have a selective memory. Also in 1983, former Rep. Daniel Crane, an Illinois Republican, admitted to having an affair with a 17-year-old female page. Conservatives like Rush Limbaugh bring up Studds but surely not Crane.

Republicans want everyone else to take responsibility for their actions, but when it comes to one of their own, their motto is: Blame Democrats or anyone else. Foley blamed alcohol and a priest for his predatory behavior. Hastert blamed "liberals" for his role in the Foley scandal cover-up. Gingrinch lied that Democratic sex scandals are worse than Republicans molesting kids, then could not cite any such Democratic scandals. The usual one conservatives cite - Monicagate - is old and boring and involved adults.

MembersZone Subscriber

What leadership does Kerry represent? Reid is the Minority Leader. Dean is the leader of the DNC. Kerry was there stumping for a dem gubenatorial candidate. Kerry got the nod for President and he lost. Does that transform him into the dem leadership? I don't recall Bush 41 being considered part of the leadership of the Republican Party after he lost in 1992.
    Brother SC,

Talking figuratively.

RR

IACOJ PROUD

Thread Information