1. #51
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    19

    Default

    here is the video of John Kerryís speech
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CKOHiT8vr0

  2. #52
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    775

    Default

    "Gingrinch lied that Democratic sex scandals are worse than Republicans molesting kids, then could not cite any such Democratic scandals."

    Not to defend Foley, who is a POS, but he didn't actually molest anyone.

    And the difference between Crane and Studds (apart from the fact Crane didn't drug the girl), is that the GOP forced him out, promising to run a primary challenge against him and withhold all support if he ran again. He was roundly condemned by his party and former colleagues. Studds, on the other hand, remained a member in good standing of the Democratic caucus for another decade. AND was endorsed again by the PFFM (grrrr).

  3. #53
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Republicans want everyone else to take responsibility for their actions, but when it comes to one of their own, their motto is: Blame Democrats or anyone else.
    Now be honest, both parties pull this crap. Party aside, politics is becoming shameful. And the fact that so many in the country get pulled into it, listening to what they're party has to say instead of checking into the facts is a shame as well. If we, the people, didn't egg it on, politicians might cut the BS and talk about what they stand for as opposed to what they're opponent stands for or did in the past.

    If someone misbehaves with a minor, that doesn't necessarily represent the whole party, no more than a babbling idiot calling soldiers uneducated. As I recall, an Arizona chief officer got caught defiling a sheep, yet the law enforcement folks didn't start pointing fingers that "firefighters are all into beastiality." I think we should expect more out of our representatives, which have obviously lost touch of the people they represent.

  4. #54
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randsc
    "Gingrinch lied that Democratic sex scandals are worse than Republicans molesting kids, then could not cite any such Democratic scandals."

    Not to defend Foley, who is a POS, but he didn't actually molest anyone.

    And the difference between Crane and Studds (apart from the fact Crane didn't drug the girl), is that the GOP forced him out, promising to run a primary challenge against him and withhold all support if he ran again. He was roundly condemned by his party and former colleagues. Studds, on the other hand, remained a member in good standing of the Democratic caucus for another decade. AND was endorsed again by the PFFM (grrrr).
    And what's your point? Studds was hardly the disconnect for the Democrats that Foley was for the Republicans, because the Democrats--then or now--haven't campaigned on the whole "family values" platform, nor on one which was in any way anti-gay. Studds was inconvenient to the Democrats and a mess to deal with, but hardly the polar opposite of the Democratic platform as Foley was to the GOP. Studds also didn't break any laws, unlike Foley.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  5. #55
    the 4-1-4
    Jasper 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ...A great place, on a Great Lake
    Posts
    2,784

    Default

    Which was very curious why there was no mention of that whole episode on these boards.

    If you wanted to talk about it, you should have started the thread. The guy is a sick bastard, as is anyone who sexually assaults children, or any other person for that matter. I personally donít wish to talk about him because he makes me ill.


    I'll take Kerrys faux pas any day over Foley's actions.
    Theyíre both in the same category to me, since Foley has yet to be proven to have done anything other than to send explicit e-mails, at least to this point.
    I donít want either one. So far, I was only able to officially voice my displeasure with Kerry, in the 2004 election.

    I have to laugh at title of this thread. As if Kerry represented all liberals.
    I didnít laugh at it, because in my opinion it does represent the opinion that many liberals have of our military, and as someone previously said, almost any blue collar worker out there. Now, I am smart enough to realize that not every liberal, or democrat feels that way, but it is way more than you might expect. It is around here, at the very least.
    If it was a joke gone bad, as the senator has said, then he should just apologize, admit it didnít sound the way he intended, and then move on. I would respect that.

  6. #56
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22
    Now be honest, both parties pull this crap. Party aside, politics is becoming shameful. And the fact that so many in the country get pulled into it, listening to what they're party has to say instead of checking into the facts is a shame as well. If we, the people, didn't egg it on, politicians might cut the BS and talk about what they stand for as opposed to what they're opponent stands for or did in the past.
    I would agree completely.


    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22
    If someone misbehaves with a minor, that doesn't necessarily represent the whole party, no more than a babbling idiot calling soldiers uneducated. As I recall, an Arizona chief officer got caught defiling a sheep, yet the law enforcement folks didn't start pointing fingers that "firefighters are all into beastiality."
    I always suspected there was a reason why I got passed over to get into the chief's ranks. Someone once told me I wasn't a big enough of a sheep to blindly follow policies edicted from above. I'm thinking there was more to that statement.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  7. #57
    MembersZone Subscriber
    RoughRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oyster Bay, NY
    Posts
    798

    Default

    "haven't campaigned on the whole "family values" platform, nor on one which was in any way anti-gay."

    True True.... Just ask Barney "Gay Brothel In My House " Frank

    Let get this thread back on topic please.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

    The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.


    IACOJ PROUD

  8. #58
    Forum Member
    VinnieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    On the couch in my skivvies
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    This thread is about how a US Senetor called US enlisted personnel "stupid"...in so many words....not about a slim ball, kid toucher. Stop diverting and spining from what this POS said...and has said about the US Military in the past. He was and is wrong....bottom line.

    But in the end it will matter not....because somewere, someplace, some "dumb" kid is protecting his right to say what he wants....sleep on that John boy.....then when he wakes up....I hope he goes and F..ks himself.
    IACOJ Member

  9. #59
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    775

    Default Wow, that's an interesting response.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    And what's your point? Studds was hardly the disconnect for the Democrats that Foley was for the Republicans, because the Democrats--then or now--haven't campaigned on the whole "family values" platform, nor on one which was in any way anti-gay. Studds was inconvenient to the Democrats and a mess to deal with, but hardly the polar opposite of the Democratic platform as Foley was to the GOP. Studds also didn't break any laws, unlike Foley.
    In other words, Gerry Studds is more in line with Democratic values than Mark Foley is with Republican values. Well, you said it, not me.

    Studds was inconvenient to the Democrats and a mess to deal with
    Only he wasn't, because they DIDN'T deal with him. The re-nominated him and even made him a committee chairman.

    And last I checked, providing alcohol and drugs to a minor was against the law, even if buggering a 16-year-old in DC isn't.

    In any case, this is all far removed from the point of the thread, which is that Kerry, an extremely prominant Democrat and (until yesterday) likely candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in '08, insulted millions of people and should apologize.

  10. #60
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper45
    If you wanted to talk about it, you should have started the thread. The guy is a sick bastard, as is anyone who sexually assaults children, or any other person for that matter. I personally donít wish to talk about him because he makes me ill.
    Given how liberals have been accused of every type of decadence imaginable I was certain someone else would start a thread detailing the vices of this individual. I was sure GeorgeWendtCFI (aka Norm) would be that person, but I was wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper45
    Theyíre both in the same category to me, since Foley has yet to be proven to have done anything other than to send explicit e-mails, at least to this point.
    I donít want either one. So far, I was only able to officially voice my displeasure with Kerry, in the 2004 election.
    I would agree with you about Foley. However, his actions could very well end up being considered assault which is illegal.

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper45
    If it was a joke gone bad, as the senator has said, then he should just apologize, admit it didnít sound the way he intended, and then move on. I would respect that.
    And he has.

    Kerry apologizes

    Now let's see if the Christian conservatives believe in the concept of forgiveness they claim to possess. I'm thinking not. They'll keep milking this desperately since the current GOP majority congress can't run on its record.
    Last edited by scfire86; 11-01-2006 at 04:56 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  11. #61
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB
    This thread is about how a US Senetor called US enlisted personnel "stupid"...in so many words....not about a slim ball, kid toucher. Stop diverting and spining from what this POS said...and has said about the US Military in the past. He was and is wrong....bottom line.
    Now you're putting words in his mouth that he didn't say. Shame on you.

    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB
    But in the end it will matter not....because somewere, someplace, some "dumb" kid is protecting his right to say what he wants....sleep on that John boy.....then when he wakes up....I hope he goes and F..ks himself.
    Nice.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  12. #62
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randsc
    In other words, Gerry Studds is more in line with Democratic values than Mark Foley is with Republican values. Well, you said it, not me.
    Wrong again. I never said any such thing. I said the repubs have campaigned on those values. And Foley was leading the charge on protecting the children.

    Quote Originally Posted by randsc
    Only he wasn't, because they DIDN'T deal with him. The re-nominated him and even made him a committee chairman.
    He didn't do anything wrong. You keep forgetting that little fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by randsc
    And last I checked, providing alcohol and drugs to a minor was against the law, even if buggering a 16-year-old in DC isn't.
    Apparently those more informed on the issue believed otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by randsc
    In any case, this is all far removed from the point of the thread, which is that Kerry, an extremely prominant Democrat and (until yesterday) likely candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in '08, insulted millions of people and should apologize.
    As noted. He has. Are you going to accept or just keep whining like a little boy who complains to his mommy that his brother is looking at him funny.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  13. #63
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    As noted. He has. Are you going to accept or just keep whining like a little boy who complains to his mommy that his brother is looking at him funny.
    No offense to you, but that's NOT an apology. I would recommend something like "I would like to apologize to our men and women in the military, their families, and my fellow citizens for my remarks." Not--

    "Of course I'm sorry about a botched joke. You think I love botched jokes?" Kerry said during an appearance Wednesday on Don Imus' nationally syndicated radio program. "I mean, you know, it's pretty stupid."
    Sorry if I'm not moved by it.

  14. #64
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22
    Sorry if I'm not moved by it.
    "Mommy....John Kerry is looking at me funny. Make him stop."
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  15. #65
    Forum Member
    VinnieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    On the couch in my skivvies
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Now you're putting words in his mouth that he didn't say. Shame on you.


    Nice.

    Spin it how you want....EVERYONE knows what he ment by it....no matter how eloquant he put what he said, its not the first time.
    And as a brother stated before....Kerry doesn't rate to carry the returing vets dirty laundry bag..........so yeah....He can go F..K himself.
    IACOJ Member

  16. #66
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    775

    Default Wow

    Apparently, providing drugs and alcohol to minors ISN'T against the law, if you are sufficiently well-informed.

    And as long as they don't respond to their pagers after drinking

  17. #67
    Forum Member
    VinnieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    On the couch in my skivvies
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    "Mommy....John Kerry is looking at me funny. Make him stop."

    Yeah....you do the same with Bush and anyone who is associated with that party......come on....your High Horses back is getting sore.
    IACOJ Member

  18. #68
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86

    He didn't do anything wrong. You keep forgetting that little fact.

    .
    If he didn't, neither did Foley. Everyone invloved in both situations was of consenting age in DC. And again, there is that whole feeding the kid a Mickey Finn thing, which most people find a least a little "wrong"

    The fact is Foley and Studds are (in Studd's case, was) perverted creeps.

    I'm hearing that Kerry has now issued a semi-real apology. We'll see. If it contains anything like, "I'm sorry if people were offended" as opposed to "I'm sorry I said something offensive" than, no, I don't accept. And if he claims to have been misinterpreted or taken out of context, he is a flat liar.

  19. #69
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    "Mommy....John Kerry is looking at me funny. Make him stop."
    About the response I would expect. I suppose if someone shot you and turned around and apologized for buying a gun illegally, it'd be alright and you'd refuse to press charges?

    Lemme guess, "that's different." When Kerry stands up, says he screwed up (since apparently there's two different things he was supposed to say, neither of which came out of his mouth) and apologizes like a man, I might feel different. His refusal to apologize just shows his arrogance.

  20. #70
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB
    Spin it how you want....EVERYONE knows what he ment by it....no matter how eloquant he put what he said, its not the first time.
    And as a brother stated before....Kerry doesn't rate to carry the returing vets dirty laundry bag..........so yeah....He can go F..K himself.
    Nice.

    I believe Kerry should apologize right after Bush apologizes for the mistakes he's made in sending troops to Iraq? Will they admit they botched sending our troops to Iraq too soon and not having a plan for them?

    Will they ever admit they lied to us when they tried to insist a connection between Hussain and Bin Laden? Will they admit they messed up when Cheney said "last throws?" Will they apologize to the people of the gulf coast for bungling the response to Katrina?

    Please tell me how sending people to war with no plan and inadequate support demonstrates a commitment to our men and women in uniform.

    Please tell me how spending billions of dollars on a war that is clearly going nowhere isn't a mistake?

    Kerry makes a slip of the tongue and Republicans get all fired up about his so-called disrespect for the troops; yet our President misleads us to war where people are dying.

    Let the President keep talking about Iraq, to the 30 or so percent of the people that still support him and the war love it.
    Last edited by scfire86; 11-01-2006 at 05:31 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  21. #71
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randsc
    Apparently, providing drugs and alcohol to minors ISN'T against the law, if you are sufficiently well-informed.

    And as long as they don't respond to their pagers after drinking
    Like I pointed out earlier, those closer to the issue (i.e. law enforcement) believed otherwise.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  22. #72
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22
    About the response I would expect. I suppose if someone shot you and turned around and apologized for buying a gun illegally, it'd be alright and you'd refuse to press charges?

    Lemme guess, "that's different." When Kerry stands up, says he screwed up (since apparently there's two different things he was supposed to say, neither of which came out of his mouth) and apologizes like a man, I might feel different. His refusal to apologize just shows his arrogance.
    And you're refusal to accept only shows you really don't care what he would have said.

    According to this story you are now at odds with the White House. Only reinforcing my point about your attitudes on the matter. My analogy to the little boy whining to his mom is more accurate than I thought.

    Excerpt:

    The White House accepted Kerry's statement as a legitimate apology.

    "Senator Kerry's apology to the troops for his insulting comments came late but it was the right thing to do," White House deputy press secretary Dana Perino said.
    Last edited by scfire86; 11-01-2006 at 05:30 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  23. #73
    Fir Na Tine
    LuckyThirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sumter, SC
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Will they apologize to the people of the gulf coast for bungling the response to Katrina?
    You want someone to apologize for the Katrina disaster, look no further than the Mayor of NO and the Governor of LA. But that's a discussion for another thread.
    Tom Warshaw
    Station 13 (Bethel)
    Sumter Fire Department

    "Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

    September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

    In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY


    All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

  24. #74
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyThirteen
    You want someone to apologize for the Katrina disaster, look no further than the Mayor of NO and the Governor of LA. But that's a discussion for another thread.
    I won't short you on that one. There is plenty of ineptitude that needs to be owned up and accepted.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  25. #75
    Fir Na Tine
    LuckyThirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sumter, SC
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Don't get me wrong, I agree that the Federal response needed overhauling, but too many (I'm not saying you meant it that way) people want to place all the blame for the whole debacle on the Federal goverment when alot could have been avoided in advance of the storm. For that reason, I just felt the need to get that off my chest.
    Tom Warshaw
    Station 13 (Bethel)
    Sumter Fire Department

    "Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

    September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

    In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY


    All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Did you respond to WTC???
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
  2. Contract Fire Protection Information
    By galebagram2u in forum Americans Overseas
    Replies: 544
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 07:19 AM
  3. All You Military Brats Out There!
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum Emergency (& Non) Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 11:44 PM
  4. Military looking for a few good medics: $120,000 sign-on bonus
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 06:54 AM
  5. John Kerry the Guy
    By StoveBolt in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register