Forum Member

Lightbulb

anyone else think this should be in the off-duty forums since it has nothing to do with firefighting

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    And you're refusal to accept only shows you really don't care what he would have said.

According to this story you are now at odds with the White House. Only reinforcing my point about your attitudes on the matter. My analogy to the little boy whining to his mom is more accurate than I thought.

The White House accepted Kerry's statement as a legitimate apology.
    Actually, until the article you posted, I have not seen a true apology from Kerry. So, now he's apologized. I'll let it rest (I don't think I'll change my mind about him as a person, though). The previous statement from his was not an apology by any means. As far as I'm concerned, dems and reps can drop it (not that they will).

IACOJ BOD

A West Point graduate emails The National Review, regarding Kerry’s botched joke.

-----------

Ms. Lopez,

Thanks for link to U-toob. Me not understand big words bout kerry. Like pictures better.

BOY, it Hard to rite e-male with crayon.

Very respectfully,

major

Camp slayer, Bahgdad, iraq
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Truckie

I have to laugh at title of this thread. As if Kerry represented all liberals. It would be like me accusing all conservatives of treating children like Mark Foley.
    Really, and who is flying non-stop around the country to drum up support for the democratic party? Proof, look at the number of stops cancelled by those very same democrats after the statement.
    anyone else think this should be in the off-duty forums since it has nothing to do with firefighting
    I wish that was true, but it isn't. It's the very same party that my union wants us to support in perfect commie lock step. Be damned the many vets we have on the department.
    The bottom line is, I don't vote socially. People are not victims do to race color or creed. I do not feel guilty leaving those that do not wish to evolve or assimulate into our culture behind. I don't believe there is a man holding anyone back. I do believe I am making a fair wage for what I do, and I don't believe in subsidising someone who don't even attempt to earn a living
    But I do believe in morals and ALL the constitutional addmendments-even the 2nd. The real amazing part is I am a vet and a civil servant, somehow, and for some reason the librals can't fathom, I don't feel cheated for not obtaining some degree. Even though these same liberals feel I am somehow inferior to them because of this. Yet I am still a productive tax paying memeber of society. How can this be?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi
    A West Point graduate emails The National Review, regarding Kerry’s botched joke.
    The troops know how to deal with these types of matters. Sadly I think I went to HS with several of these guys and their spelling's improved.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum
    Really, and who is flying non-stop around the country to drum up support for the democratic party? Proof, look at the number of stops cancelled by those very same democrats after the statement.
    Could not the same be said about Bush and Cheney. Bush is on record as saying that if the Dems take back Congress, America will be attacked by terrorists. Does that not insult your intelligence also, it should.

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum
    I wish that was true, but it isn't. It's the very same party that my union wants us to support in perfect commie lock step. Be damned the many vets we have on the department.
    The bottom line is, I don't vote socially. People are not victims do to race color or creed. I do not feel guilty leaving those that do not wish to evolve or assimulate into our culture behind. I don't believe there is a man holding anyone back. I do believe I am making a fair wage for what I do, and I don't believe in subsidising someone who don't even attempt to earn a living
    But I do believe in morals and ALL the constitutional addmendments-even the 2nd. The real amazing part is I am a vet and a civil servant, somehow, and for some reason the librals can't fathom, I don't feel cheated for not obtaining some degree. Even though these same liberals feel I am somehow inferior to them because of this. Yet I am still a productive tax paying memeber of society. How can this be?
    Spoken like someone whose never had to worry about being sent to the back of the bus, or told which drinking fountain or bathroom he could use, or worried about his right to vote, or any other number of social ills that has afflicted our nation's history. No surprises.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Truckie

Spoken like someone whose never had to worry about being sent to the back of the bus, or told which drinking fountain or bathroom he could use, or worried about his right to vote, or any other number of social ills that has afflicted our nation's history.
    I'm not alone, nobody in my generation suffered such. I am Irish though, maybe I can use the social ill's directed towards us in the past as a crutch? But with my desire to improve myself, I tend to learn from the past, not live in it.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

So I guess the First Amendment doesn't apply to Kerry. You guy's sure don't have any problem saying what you think. I'll put it like this there are alot of stupid people in the world and guess what some of them are firefighters,police officers and in every other proffession.

Let's not forget Bush has made a career of say stupid things. Don't believe just look on youtube at his press conferences. And let's not be stupid and say things like are military is in Iraq fighting for our freedoms. Our freedoms have never been in jeopardy in my life time.
    Last edited by CpaceEng1; 11-01-2006 at 09:49 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CpaceEng1

That's a FACT and guess what there in the military.Want proof,someone brought him up earlier Mr.Tillman. He wasn't killed by the enemy,he was killed by one of our guys.You have to pretty F--king stupid to not be able to tell your own from the enemy.
    I don't think this could ever come from somebody who has ever been in combat so I will just laugh. HAHA.
    J
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Fir Na Tine

I'll put like this there are alot of stupid people in the world and guess what some of them are firefighters,police officers and in every other profession.
    After receiving a headache from reading your post, I'd say you have proved your point.

Our freedoms have never been in jeopardy in my life time.
    Well gee-golly Gomer. Have you ever stopped to think why that might be?
    Last edited by LuckyThirteen; 11-01-2006 at 08:31 PM.
    Tom Warshaw
    Station 13 (Bethel)
    Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyThirteen
    Well gee-golly Gomer. Have you ever stopped to think why that might be?
    This cspace fool is going to be fun to ridicule.
    The reason you don't believe the country hasn't been in jeopardy in your lifetime is because of the blood spilt by veterans before our time. If what you write is true then you must be less then 5 years old. Go tell mommy to read you your bedtime story.
    J
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Forum Member

I didn't read the entire thread, but...

As an active duty member of the US Air Force, I know that we are some of the most educated people in the world. There are enlisted people that have Ph.D.'s, multiple Masters, countless Bachelors, and almost all NCO's have one Associates as a minimum. And you know what? All of them can go to the AOR in a moments notice.

Everyone always says that the upper class isn't represented in the military. Growing up, they probably got more for allowance than we do for pay. I understand why they don't sign up...
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

MembersZone Subscriber

No Luckythirteen you just proved it for me........

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Chris...... is that you?
    J

MembersZone Subscriber

Why yes, yes it is.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Why yes, yes it is.
    Your boyfriend(s) called and asked you to pick up some KY on the way home from work.
    J

Fir Na Tine

Quote Originally Posted by fdmhbozz
    I didn't read the entire thread, but...

As an active duty member of the US Air Force, I know that we are some of the most educated people in the world. There are enlisted people that have Ph.D.'s, multiple Masters, countless Bachelors, and almost all NCO's have one Associates as a minimum. And you know what? All of them can go to the AOR in a moments notice.

Everyone always says that the upper class isn't represented in the military. Growing up, they probably got more for allowance than we do for pay. I understand why they don't sign up...
    Where are you stationed at bozz?

Wow. The comeback of the year. You sound like a little kid arguing with his classmate on the playground.
    Tom Warshaw
    Station 13 (Bethel)
    Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry mcfd45 I can't come over tonight.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink

Sorry mcfd45 I can't come over tonight.
    Sorry sugar-shoes you aren't my type. My type respect america. You would like to crap on it. And i am straight. Sorry.
    J

the 4-1-4

He wasn't killed by the enemy,he was killed by one of our guys.You have to be pretty F--king stupid to not be able to tell your own from the enemy.
    This is the single most ignorant statement I have ever read. If you’re going to call the military stupid, maybe stick your post through a spell/grammar check before you insult our military members.

People also forget that the 1st amendment only protects you from prosecution by the government. John Kerry has that same right, however, we all have the very same right to criticize him, without the governments intervention, as each of us see fit.
    Senator Kerry also did apologize, and the matter is over, in my opinion.

MembersZone Subscriber

jasper

Next time use your glasses to read my post,I did not say the military is stupid. I said there are stupid people in the military just like there are stupid people in every proffession. I would also recommend you do some research before you correct me. The first amendment covers freedom of speech,religon,press, but then you know more than I. Good talk.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45
    This is the single most ignorant statement I have ever read. If you’re going to call the military stupid, maybe stick your post through a spell/grammar check before you insult our military members.
    Amen. I lose track of where other firefighters are in a fire, I can't imagine keping track of guys positions in a firefight in the middle of Iraq.
    Last edited by Catch22; 11-01-2006 at 09:23 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Nice.

I believe Kerry should apologize right after Bush apologizes for the mistakes he's made in sending troops to Iraq? Will they admit they botched sending our troops to Iraq too soon and not having a plan for them?

Will they ever admit they lied to us when they tried to insist a connection between Hussain and Bin Laden? Will they admit they messed up when Cheney said "last throws?" Will they apologize to the people of the gulf coast for bungling the response to Katrina?

Please tell me how sending people to war with no plan and inadequate support demonstrates a commitment to our men and women in uniform.

Please tell me how spending billions of dollars on a war that is clearly going nowhere isn't a mistake?

Kerry makes a slip of the tongue and Republicans get all fired up about his so-called disrespect for the troops; yet our President misleads us to war where people are dying.

Let the President keep talking about Iraq, to the 30 or so percent of the people that still support him and the war love it.
    Again...spin it how you like.....Kerry called anyone who fails to do well enough to make it to college and enlist in the military stupid, in so many words......you can debate why we are in Iraq till the cows come home....it won't change "what is".

And it wasn't a "slip of the tounge"....he's done it in the past.

You also need to stop thinking that anyone who dislikes Kerry and the liberals is a 100% GWB or Republican follower. I have my own personal beliefs...and try not to write what I exactly think. Be aware that these are public forums that can be accessed by anyone.....and I for one am still in the US Military...and have limits on what I should be saying....my 1st Amendment Rights went out the window 11 years ago.

After 2.5 years on these boards...you of all people should know me better by now.....
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Thumbs down Are you kidding me?????!!!!!!

That's a FACT and guess what there in the military to.Want proof,someone brought him up earlier Mr.Tillman. He wasn't killed by the enemy,he was killed by one of our guys.You have to be pretty F--king stupid to not be able to tell your own from the enemy.
    And then there are morons who post like you. Ever been in combat? Do you know what its like to get ambushed by and enemy you can't see and unable to determine direction of the fire? Do you relize that a combat grunts life expectancey is 2.5 seconds when an ambush is sprung? I am sure someone like you could, in 2.5 seconds, seek proper cover (in rocky, mountainous terrain), determine direction, and return accurate volume of fire upon an entrenched enemy....then direct fire teams into assault positions to close with and destroy. Combat isn't a video game....were you can tell one another apart. You own fear, reflex and training take over....ever been there? I am pretty sure thats a NO. Last time I remember...the enemy doesn't stand up and say "HEY OVER HERE, THIS IS WHAT I LOOK LIKE". But I do remember that between all the shooting, Dust, explosions, sweat in the eyes, fear, and yelling that it is VERY, VERY CHAOTIC. Each time you squeeze the trigger you only see whats in front of you...and its not much, coupled with the blinking, dust, noise, sweat, and the helmet that obsure your view.

Friendly fire isn't something new. Ever since projectiles have been used in war....armies have hit thier own.
    IACOJ Member

the 4-1-4

I would also recommend you do some research before you correct me. The first amendment covers freedom of speech,religon,press, but then you know more than I. Good talk.

No, I don’t need to do any research, I just forgot to type all that I was going to say. That's what I get for watching a football game played on blue turf while posting.
    Freedom of speech, under the 1st amendment, only prevents the government from prosecuting you for what you say, or preventing you from saying it. John Kerry, or anyone else for that matter, who offers a public opinion is fair game, which includes yours. You can criticize all you wish, but if you do, you can be criticized for your criticism by anyone who wants to.

Even if the intent of your post was different than what you said, your post is still complete ignorance, and an insult.
    Last edited by jasper45; 11-01-2006 at 09:37 PM.

Thread Information