MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default I Dont Really Know What To Say

About this one.... maybe there is nothing to be said? Other than: "She was an OFFICER?"

Police: Duct-Taped Toddlers Found Alone, In Feces
    Mother Accused Of Taping Children, Leaving Them Alone

POSTED: 2:40 am EST November 1, 2006
    UPDATED: 6:41 am EST November 1, 2006

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Authorities allege a woman duct-taped her 3-year-old and 4-year-old sons together and left them alone while she went to work.

Agla Vincent, 25, was charged with child abuse after a seven-month investigation.

Police said the incident took place while the family was living on base at the Naval Air Station-Jacksonville in March.

Vincent was a naval officer at the time at the Jacksonville Naval Air Station. A spokesman said she completed her service and was discharged in August.

Police reports state a witness heard the children screaming and crying inside Vincent's home , and six hours later returned to the house and found a toddler in a soaked diaper with duct tape on his leg.

"The parent was not able to be located. They (the witness) put the child in the unlocked apartment and notified the military police," said Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Lt. Annie Smith.

Investigators said that 48 minutes later, when military police arrived and entered the home, they found the children duct taped to each other around the lower legs as they lay crying on their bed. They were in a bedroom with feces and cereal scattered on play mats on the floor, police said.

The officer who came to investigate said once he found the children, Vincent came running into the room, jumped on the bed and ripped the duct off with her teeth.

Vincent was arrested and her two children were placed in custody of the state.

The military took over the investigation. Vincent posted bond and was let out of jail.

Although she was initially arrested by military police, seven months later, Vincent is in the Duval County Jail as a civilian.

"Miss Vincent recently ended her military commitment, and that's when Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and the State Attorney's Office took over jurisdiction of the case," Smith said.

Vincent posted $5,000 bond on Tuesday evening and was released from jail.

Vincent has denied leaving her sons home alone.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc.

Vincent has denied leaving her sons home alone.
    ??? Umm ok....

Investigators said that 48 minutes later, when military police arrived and entered the home, they found the children duct taped to each other
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 11-01-2006 at 01:30 PM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Just for starters...I say duct tape the bitch to her cellmate for the next 30 years!
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Forum Member

Angry

[QUOTE=MalahatTwo7]About this one.... maybe there is nothing to be said? Other than: "She was an OFFICER?"

[b][color=blue]Police: Duct-Taped Toddlers Found Alone, In Feces
    Mother Accused Of Taping Children, Leaving Them Alone

Agla Vincent, 25, was charged with child abuse after a seven-month investigation.

Why did this take 7 months to investigate?

Default Officer?

This report was false in many ways. First and foremost..she was not an "Officer" as opposed to "Enlisted". She was an enlisted Petty Officer. Her children were younger than what was reported and the base police did not come there 48 minutes later. I'm not sure who wrote that news report but they were very off the mark.

However, that said...she did commit child abuse. Mrs. Vincent was suspected by many who knew her to be a bit unstable. Prior to her undoing, her husband began an affair and left Mrs. Vincent. I say again, She was already unstable. Now, while living in base housing, receiving a pittance in pay as a "young E-4 in the military", pieces began to unravel. Not only was she struggling to meet weight standards in the military, her husband filed for divorce and abandoned the family monetarily (he too was military), ends were not being met, she couldn't afford child care, and Mrs. Unstable gets an idea to duct tape her children just so she can make it in to work on time. She was already in a world of upset at her command due to her tardiness, weight, and odd behaviour. She didn't know what to do. That's my opinion. Not backed by Agla herself. None of these events excuses her behaviour. But I must add, she claims that all of the reports are false. That yes the child had duct tape on his leg but was never found bound to his brother and she was never caught ripping it off with her teeth and that the children were supposed to be under the care of her friend whom abandoned them. No one knows if that is true or false outside of who was in that apartmment/house at the time. I just had to post in light of the false report. It was not an Officer but I can undersatnd they would misconstrue Petty Officer as an Officer in the Navy. Big big difference.

Thread Information