MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RES81CUE
    SCBA Mask with amplified voice reduced from $450 to $275 which basically means no amplified voice.

Same here. Just found out today.

Forum Member

Default Reduction

We recieved the reduction email which reduced our Washer/Extractor and dryer grant to $15,000. I checked my application and saw that the numbers have been administratively changed on my budget to reflect this. Progress from last week for us.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RES81CUE
    SCBA Mask with amplified voice reduced from $450 to $275 which basically means no amplified voice.
    Brian...could we expect a SECOND reduction? We got reduced in the number of face pieces, but didn't reduce the amount. If I remember correctly we got face pieces and spare bottles with each SCBA plus $650.00 plus fit testing on each of the face pieces. Why would we be awarded that amount and they get reduced?

Forum Member

Iam now wondering if we will get a reduction on are SCBA. We recieved this morning a email from dhs and they said the recieved are confirmation for the SF 1199A form. At the top of the email it had are award #. When we applied fro SCBA we put down to replace 10 sets with spare bottle at $4,700 each. We also applied for 15 extra face pieces at $425. I wonder how long before are award will be announced or if we will get a reduction notice and hold up the award.

Forum Member

We recieved a reduction in our communications grant yesterday. Our grant was reduced 600$ (total) for our pagers. We asked for 450$ and they asked us to reduce to 400$ a piece (pretty petty if you ask me).

Forum Member

We just recieved are reduction notice on are grant. They took away the $ amount to spend on hoses, nozzles, and face pieces. I replied back and told that we would agree to the cuts. They emailed me back right away and said are grant would move onto the next phase.

Forum Member

Do you get the reduction requests before or after the you receive 1199A and 10 Q's?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

They have been coming after the 1199A, sometimes as part of the 10 Q's, sometimes an another email later. Reductions come from a different division than the 10 Q's, but sometimes they have been entered before the pre-notifications go out so they come all in one email. Just depends.

Forum Member

Anyone know what the limits are on individual pieces of PPE. We have about 10 pairs of good pants and about 20 boots and we're going to supply the gloves, hoods, and suspenders so we're going to break it out into a request for coats, pants, boots, and helmet. Not that I want to ask for the max but just want to make sure that we're not over the max before we ask.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Gloves ~$100 (if you want gauntlet, very nice choice IMHO)
    Hoods ~$50
    Boots ~$250
    Suspenders - never seen one, but never seen a pair of $50 suspenders either
    Coats $800-900
    Pants $600-700
    Helmets ~$250

Head to Toe was as high as $2150 from what I've seen this year.

MembersZone Subscriber

Coat/pant combo: $1375

Forum Member

Excellent...thanks guys. Looks like we're right on target...close to some and below on other. Was worried about helmets...I thought I had saw where someone was saying $200 and we were coming up with like $225 or so. Looks like we're fine though. Thanks again.

Forum Member

Anyone received a reduction for a RIT pack?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Hadn't seen one in the pile of them that I did last year, anywhere from $2500-3500 depending on bottle.

Forum Member

Thanks Brian...had a company quote $4286 for one hour bottle RIT pack. I thought that was a little high. Of course I think their whole quote is high. They are quoting $5741 for a 4500 45 min SCBA (MSA), $371 for individual face peices, $192 for HUD and next to it in parenthesis it says batteries...so still not sure what that means, and $1290 for a spare bottle....that seems a bit extreme doesn't it? I mean for 13 SCBA, spare bottles, and 8 additional face peices they are over $100K. I told the guy from this department to go back to him and tell him to sharpen his pencil...either that or look at SCOTT or Dragar, or something else...problem then is going to be interoperability.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Everyone is high because no one has real 2007ed pricing so odds are you have list price which is what you want anyway. All manufacturers predict $1000-1500 increases for 2007ed packs because of the high standards. So most are going in for $6000+ per pack. Better to let DHS reduce than not ask for enough.

Scott is still in compliance testing last I heard and no one so far has passed. 3 companies went before them and all failed. Will be interesting to see if anyone passes if they let us go with 2002ed packs at award time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just a perspective on the cost of Scott RIT packs. We were quoted (last year) $3800 for 60 minute carbon cylinder, 20' low pressure hose, 6' EBSS hose, 10' RIC hose, quick disconnect easy flow regulator, facepeice & carrying bag. This was the price before taking the discount (15%) for state bid pricing that we go by.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Not2L84U2 View Post
    Thanks Brian...had a company quote $4286 for one hour bottle RIT pack. I thought that was a little high. Of course I think their whole quote is high. They are quoting $5741 for a 4500 45 min SCBA (MSA), $371 for individual face peices, $192 for HUD and next to it in parenthesis it says batteries...so still not sure what that means, and $1290 for a spare bottle....that seems a bit extreme doesn't it? I mean for 13 SCBA, spare bottles, and 8 additional face peices they are over $100K. I told the guy from this department to go back to him and tell him to sharpen his pencil...either that or look at SCOTT or Dragar, or something else...problem then is going to be interoperability.
    Sounds to me that your MSA distributor is using his Govt. quote calculator. We recently met with our rep. for some pricing on packs & upgrading our masks to hud's with radio voice boxes. 330.00 for mask + 145.00 for HUD . 885.00 for bottles. Don't remember off the top of my head what the radio voice box was $$$ . You can do better than that quote.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Well that's the goal at award time. Right now it's aim high for the 1-2 price increases you'll see between now and this time next year when your award might come through. No price you get now anyway counts, your 2 bids have to be dated after your public announcement date. Now is just ballparks.

Forum Member

Right, and that's what we're looking for...ballparks...but hate to guess it low and not have enough cash come award time but then again hate to price it high and drive the cost benefit up any more than we have to.

Forum Member

Just received an e-mail back for a $1,500 reduction. Requested that we reduce helmets from $250 each to $200 each. That still a good ballpark?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Not going to get leather buckets with it but still should be able to get pleathers (1010s) or something along those lines.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Not2L84U2 View Post
    Just received an e-mail back for a $1,500 reduction. Requested that we reduce helmets from $250 each to $200 each. That still a good ballpark?
    It should be enugh Ryan.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Hmmmphhh....alright...I guess we'll take it

MembersZone Subscriber

You can give them a call and plead your case. The worse case, they say "no". Others have been successful in restoring partial or even full funding. A $1,500 reduction is not bad......hold a car wash and vacuum the interior....I bet you can vacuum up that amount in loose change.

Thread Information