Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Forum?

Forum Member

Lightbulb New Forum?

I am posting this here hoping someone will have suggestions on getting this to happen, or the Webteam will pay attention.

I am trying to suggest that FH start an Industrial FF Forum. I have many years in the fire service, mostly on the municipal side. I recently started a job that involves Industrial FFing. Most of you know this is a different animal. I have found a few sites that have a concentration on Industrial FFing, but not too much. I feel that this forum would be beneficial not only to Industrial firefighters, but anybody who has industry in their district. This would also give an avenue for networking.

I would just like to see new information be put out there, instead of the same stuff being rediscussed. If there is already a section/forum for this I apologize and can you direct me to this. I have tried to email the webteam/FH with no answer.

I am also an industrial firefighter and would like to see something like this get started up.
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

Quote Originally Posted by kadempc
    I have tried to email the webteam/FH with no answer.
    This has been a common problem lately. Many of us can't even start a new thread, but can post to an existing one......

There are a few people on here that I can think of in the same line of work for you..... one is dmleblanc (??)....... He's down in Louisiana....... I'll try to think of some others.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Arrow

I have tried to email the webteam/FH with no answer.
    Join the frustrated crowd. The mysterious lack of common courtesy exhibited by the webteam astonishes me. Just a simple reply, acknowledging the receipt of an e-mail would suffice. I'm sure if they sent you an e-mail regarding Firehouse.com matters...they would expect a reply.

A simple..."thank you for your comments...we are addressing the issue and hope to have it resolved shortly" would suffice.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Forum Member

Default Nothing???

I just emailed the "webteam" again, because I still have not recieved any response from them good, bad, or other. Any other suggestions or even comments?

I just emailed the "webteam" again, because I still have not recieved any response from them good, bad, or other. Any other suggestions or even comments?
    http://forums.firehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=295

you can post your request there......good luck getting it through, your gonna need it
    First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Cover the furniture and leave the building.
    I think we need to de bug the Firehouse.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

PLUS...
    I emailed the WT and told them to buy a new battery for their clock and then told them that I was getting that funky little notice that I could only post every 15 seconds, even though I was waiting like 5 minutes in between posts.
    It got fixed.
    But they didn't reply.
    They don't say alot, do they?
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Well...... Sarah from the WT replied over Here

webteam
    Administrator

Attempting to fix the problem

Hi all,It indeed seems the problem is server-side. We are attempting to resolve this today.As far as posting problems, this is because our forum platform is in need of a major upgrade (as it seems you have been promised for some time!) I am new to the team, but I will push to get this done as soon as possible. Updates on that issue will follow. Many apologies for the lack of response. We have been short staffed for the last few months and I'm attempting to fix the backlog of problems. Thanks in advance for your patience. We are also addressing the way we handle emails to the Webteam. I hope to get this organized in the next two weeks so that any and all inquiries receive a quick reply.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Firehouse.com
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

The webteam speaks!

---------------------------

Hi all,
    It sounds like everyone is pretty frustrated, and I can understand why. Our office has been pretty short staffed for the last couple of months. I apologize for the lack of response to your emails and posts.

I am a new member of the "webteam" and I'm working on addressing the problems you have mentioned. From first glance I'm not sure why we are having problems with posting and time stamps but I am going to contact our web services team to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for your patience. I'll post another update as soon as this is all resolved.

Sarah
    Firehouse.com
    And Here first LOL

I have this sneaking suspicion that Sarah is going to make a lot of friends in a hurry if she's successful in fixing the various problems the forums have been experiencing.

September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary
    And Here first LOL

I have this sneaking suspicion that Sarah is going to make a lot of friends in a hurry if she's successful in fixing the various problems the forums have been experiencing.

shes actually RESPONDING to us, so shes already a friend in my book, hopefully she DOES fix these problems

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NJFFSA16
    A simple..."thank you for your comments...we are addressing the issue and hope to have it resolved shortly" would suffice.
    That should be easy as they can set up an auto reply!
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

Quote Originally Posted by SSTONER
    That should be easy as they can set up an auto reply!
    better than nothing.........

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary
    And Here first LOL

Yeah; so let's put her on a calendar like the Playboy firefighter.
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Forum Member

We'll have to see if this is just lip service to calm people down, or if they are sincere in what they say. I used to be heavily involved in the forums years ago, and one of the reasons I stayed away was the webteam and their "power" they think they have. I guess some things DO never change.

Hmmmm, webteam? webteam?, now I've heard of such, but it's an old memory- can anyone help?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Thread Information