MembersZone Subscriber

*Edit*
    Disregard - it seems my issue with posting new threads is now resolved.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Forum Member

Well maybe the webteam will read this here.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP LETTING THE GUESTS POST!!! MOST OF THEM ARE MUTT'S!!!
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by redneckemt
    Well maybe the webteam will read this here.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP LETTING THE GUESTS POST!!! MOST OF THEM ARE MUTT'S!!!
    They really are not "guests". They are members that the web team has not updated yet.
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Sr. Information Officer

Arrow Hello Webteam...anybody there...anybody?

DEAR WEBTEAM! I CAN NOT POST A NEW THREAD. AS I UNDERSTAND IT...MANY OTHER MEMBERS HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...CAN YOU INVESTIGATE THIS PROBLEM.

MEMBERS ARE BECOMING VERY FRUSTRATED BY YOUR FAILURE TO RESPOND TO E-MAILS AND PMs REGARDING THIS ONGOING ISSUE.

COMPLAINTS HAVE BEEN POSTED ABOUT THIS "GLITCH" FOR WEEKS...YES WEEKS!
    IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND THE LACK OF A REPLY FROM THE ADMINISTRATION OF THESE FORUMS...
    Last edited by NJFFSA16; 11-15-2006 at 11:16 AM. Reason: SPELLING
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Forum Member

Dude, there are problems that have been going on for YEARS that the webteam is ignoring. Don't hold your breath on something thats only been broke for weeks.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Sr. Information Officer

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire
    Dude, there are problems that have been going on for YEARS that the webteam is ignoring. Don't hold your breath on something thats only been broke for weeks.
    Yep...you are SO right. However, the fact that they don't even open PMs or e-mails is what bugs me. A simple response...indicating that they are aware of the problem would be nice...ya think?
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Forum Member

One would think. But that would require the webteam to actually log on.

Forum Member

Do we organize another Non-Posting week?

1 week, no posts at all.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Sarah's not going to win friends and influence people this way

The posting issue has been going on a lot longer than a few weeks.

Yesterday's issue - email notifications are hit and miss. Some of the subscribed threads are generating them, some aren't.

I've gone back to my previous attitudue ... why bother even trying to start a thread, it won't work.

Thought about starting one this morning about the Japanese earthquake and resulting tsunami warnings advisories and watches. Some areas of Vancouver Island were under a watch for a few hours, but the Greater Victoria area was not included in the watch. But really, it wasn't worth the stress and frustration that comes with trying to post a thread to these forums.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42
    Do we organize another Non-Posting week?

1 week, no posts at all.
    I'm not sure it would accomplish anything. Concidering the webteam goes weeks on end without logging in, they wouldn't notice.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by webteam
    Hi all,
    It sounds like everyone is pretty frustrated, and I can understand why. Our office has been pretty short staffed for the last couple of months. I apologize for the lack of response to your emails and posts.

I am a new member of the "webteam" and I'm working on addressing the problems you have mentioned. From first glance I'm not sure why we are having problems with posting and time stamps but I am going to contact our web services team to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for your patience. I'll post another update as soon as this is all resolved.

Sarah
    Firehouse.com
    WE DONE RUN HER OFF ALREADY... THAT OR SHE SAW HOW SCREWED UP THIS PLACE IS
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

So, someone help me here. I am old and addled.
    Is "Sarah" for real or just some whack job that got us all excited for nothing?
    Other than the clock, which, to someone like me can be a deal breaker, I haven't had any issues. Oh yeah; they won't publish my birthdate for some reason. Maybe BD screws up the settings. Who knows.
    Could be that the server can't support all of the advertising, streamers, ticker tapes and such.
    We are into "salvage". When is the "overhaul"?
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

It definately isn't a matter of overload. There are forums out there even busier than this with just as much if not more advertising. The issues here are simply a lack of anybody with administration authority giving a damn.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by redneckemt
    WE DONE RUN HER OFF ALREADY... THAT OR SHE SAW HOW SCREWED UP THIS PLACE IS
    Quote Originally Posted by HitemUPLA
    I admit I did I am sorry . now please help me I ended up dancing with a sex offender and didn't know he was one. I need to talk someone off of portage fire department... I am scared I might cry . alot between tonight and tommorow. I ain't doing that again.
    Get over yourself meijersweetie. He wasn't talking about you. You've already been kicked off the forums by the webteam, so take the hint and take a hike!

Haven't any of these "Local" ummm "firefighters" you've met on myspace given you their phone numbers? Because they obviously haven't responded to your multitude of posts to them on Firehouse.com.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member
    On the flatest land around! (In central Il.)

Quote Originally Posted by HitemUPLA
    I admit I did I am sorry . now please help me I ended up dancing with a sex offender and didn't know he was one. I need to talk someone off of portage fire department... I am scared I might cry . alot between tonight and tommorow. I ain't doing that again.

MeijerSweetie, HitemUPLA, or whatever you call yourself. Please just leave. ALL, yes ALL of your posts are being reported. YOU HAVE WARN OUT YOUR WELCOME A LONG TIME AGO. PLEASE, JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, JUST KEEP THE CRAP OFF FIREHOUSE FOURMS. Thank you.

Oh, and BYE!!

IrishBrigade
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason View Post
    Sarah forgot to lock the door when she left.
    CR
    Maybe she was also meant to turn out the light.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBrigade View Post
    Maybe she was also meant to turn out the light.

Well, I guess she wasn't meant to help with the on-going issues.

I still can't start a thread.

2007 has not been added to the calendar feature.

People are getting double/triple/quadruple posts on some of their replies.

Email notifications are hit and miss or completely non-existent.

Feel free to add to this list.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

I've been trying to start a thread for days without any success. No reply to my post (currently just below this one in the forums) asking for assistance....

Cincinnati Area Fire Auction & Fire Flea Market

March 9, 2007 - Milford, Ohio. Annual fire memorabilia auction. Consignments are currently being accepted. If you have 1 item or 100 to sell, contact the auctioneer. Auction preview Friday 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Auction at 7:00 p.m. Auction information: Howard Kuhnell 605 Garfield Milford OH 45150. Phone: 513-831-6398 or howdi@fuse.net. Don't wait if you're interested in consigning! The time to contact the auctioneer is now! Memorabilia in the prior auctions normally runs the range of fire collectibles: helmets; lanterns, badges, alarm equipment, nozzles, apparatus goodies, books & literature, Ahrens-Fox and Cincinnati area items, toys, etc.

March 10, 2007 - Milford, Ohio. 14th annual fire flea market.
    (Fire related items only). Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Dealer set up on Friday the 9th from 1:00 - 6:00 p.m. and Saturday beginning at 7:00 a.m. Tables are $10.00 each. Chairs provided. Electricity is available; please let us know if you will need an outlet at the time of registration. There are a maximum of 60 tables available for rent.

Deadline to reserve Flea Market space is March 1st. A confirmation letter will be mailed around February 1st with any additional information requested. Table Assignment, vendor pass, and pass for 1 assistant per table (maximum of 3) will be given to you when you arrive. You must provide table cloths for any heavy items or leave them on the floor. Any damage to your assigned tables will be your responsibility for the payment for a replacement table.

Information: Mark Hetzel, SR 3623 Rio Bravo Trail Cleves OH 45002-2314 Phone: 513-467-1757 or PatchGuru21@fuse.net

Click here for a printable Flea Market Registration Form: http://www.milesgreenwood.org/flearegistration.html.

The location for these events is the Milford Firefighters Community Hall which is conveniently located at the Milford Shopping Center on Lila Avenue (U.S. Route 50 and the intersection of Ohio Route 131 - just across from the Milford fire station!). The hall is at the east end of the plaza.

Forum Member

Me too. I can't start a new thread either. Concidering the webteam hasn't made a posting on this forum since December 12, 2006, I'm not holding my breath on them fixing it either. Usless.
    Last edited by nmfire; 01-19-2007 at 08:46 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
    Well, I guess she wasn't meant to help with the on-going issues.

I still can't start a thread.

2007 has not been added to the calendar feature.

People are getting double/triple/quadruple posts on some of their replies.

Email notifications are hit and miss or completely non-existent.

Feel free to add to this list.

Respect--these issues stem more from problems with the BB software than anything the end operator or user can tweak. When I first started as a Mod on Military.com, we were using the Infopo(o)p platform and had many of these same problems. Admins and Mods would kick gripes to Infopop as the software vendor, and they would implement fixes and patches on the fly (aka fix one thing, but break two others in the process!).
    Overall, for the number of members and amount of traffic we had, the Infopop platform simply wasn't stable, and eventually Admin decided to switch things up to Groupee's Eve community software, which improved things 10,000%.

Unfortunately, just about anyone with a half-assed knowledge of Perl can write "forum software" and license it out...the truly good software vendors out there charge a hefty chunk. Small sites can't afford it, and big sites (especially commercially-oriented ones) don't want to cut into profits that much.

Of course, if the "Powers that Be" had some good forum horse-knowledge, they would appoint a paid part-time Admin and volunteer end-user Asst Admins and Mods to help assist users, answer questions, and kick gripes to tech support, as well as enforce forum rules.
    I know, gosh surprise, there's more to being a good Mod than just having an itchy-twitchy "Ban Button" finger... *LOL* They'll figure it out someday, or the site will fall apart, one'a the two. Like the EMS saying goes: all bleeding stops eventually.
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Thread Information