Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Exclamation Have YOU contacted the Webteam???

With all the problems the past few days, I've been curious as to how many people actually contacted the webteam by PM or Email about the posting problems and the timestamp problem.

If I knew how, I would have done this as a poll.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Rumor has it the webteam is out with the Nation Volunteer Fire Council, the Yoda of missing, learning the finer points of hiding.
    No worries though a team of investigators from snopes.com and the Smoking Gun are on the case.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

I sent a message regarding posting problems on October 26, 2006. It appears in my "sent messages" box as unread

Go figure. This morning...I could not post ANY...COUNT THEM...ZERO REPLIES ..TO ANY POSTS.I'M HOPING AGAINST HOPE THAT THIS MESSAGE IS ACCEPTED.

Message Sent
    New Threads

Sent to:
    webteam on 10-26-2006 12:06 AM

Read Date(Status)
    Unread
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Forum Member

Default today

I have noticed that when I am respoonding to posts the time stamps are all out of wack and the order of the posts make absolutely no sense. The We Team must have travled throught the time warp continuoum and thrown off the solar clock settings. SNAFU!

Been done............. In fact........ Here is what I sent them in both a PM and an Email............

I just wanted to make sure you are aware of the major problems going on with the forums. People being unable to post....... People unable to search (says need to wait at least 3 seconds and we have 14567 seconds to go), times are all screwed up. One minute they are correct and 5 minutes later they are 5 hours off. People still unable to start new threads. People posting and the post will be moved ahead of other posts, even if they quoted one...... I know there are only a few of you doing this, but it needs major attention.

firenresq77
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

I got an answer to a message I have never sent, describing a problem I didn't know I had yet.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah, I've sent them a few PM's about it and gotten nothing back. This is an ongoing saga of screw-ups with the forum. This thing has been broken for years and all they do is keep putting temporary patches on it. There are hundreds of thousands of forums out there on the web that don't have these problems. Shouldn't be that hard of a fix, even if they have to go to a new forum system than the one they have.
    Fir Na Tine
    Fir Na Au Saol

MembersZone Subscriber

I have PM'ed the WebTeam about the problems too. No reply of course.

I still cannot start a new thread. The WT fixed the problem from me in September, but the fix only lasted a few weeks.

There is no doubt that Firehouse.com has accomplished much for the fire service. It is too bad they seem to have abandoned the forums without even the courtesy to tell us what has happened or even if they are going to fix the problems.

----------------------------
    American Society of Business Publication Editors sets website apart as top pick

Beltsville, MD (August 7, 2006) – Firehouse.com, the leading online community serving America’s millions of First Responders, has been honored with a 2006 Azbee Award presented by the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) as the top site in the Interactive Community category. Category winners were selected based on their ability to demonstrate strong interactive community and involvement among website members and other industry-related audiences.

"[Firehouse.com] reaches out to firefighters in many ways from the forums to the radio shows and seems to build a real sense of community online," said 2006 ASBPE judge. "This site has interactivity built in at every turn; really knocks it out of the park."

Azbee’s 2006 Gold Interactive Community Award credits the entire Firehouse.com team including Associate Publisher Chris Hebert, Director of Sales Mike Natchipolsky, Editor Peter Matthews, News Director Lon Slepicka and Site Manager Eric Smith. The Azbee Awards are presented by ASBPE, making the award especially prominent because it is judged by publishing and editorial peers and recognizes the best in editorial, design, and online achievement.

"This is really a great honor to be recognized by our business community for playing an important role in the lives of our visitors," Firehouse.com Associate Publisher Christopher Hebert said. "Our visitors are what make us a great destination, their involvement in every aspect of our site is critical to providing the resources, news, education and information they need."

"Firehouse.com is honored to be in the company of some very comprehensive community-oriented Web sites," Founder Dave Iannone said. "We are going to continue to add new features and services, including more tie-ins with Firehouse magazine and the Firehouse series of trade shows and conferences, to help us grow even more."

Firehouse.com is visited by more than a half-million fire and rescue service professionals each month, featuring daily breaking news, robust discussion forums, on-demand training, shopping, an employment center, industry search tools and more. The site is one of three online portals for the public safety industry managed by Cygnus Interactive, a division of Cygnus Business Media. EMSResponder.com launched last fall to serve the growing emergency medical services community, and Officer.com is a leading portal for law enforcement professionals.

Cygnus Business Media is a leading, diversified business-to-business media company with a portfolio of over 200 media products reaching five million professionals annually within 15 major markets. Its four distinct divisions -- Cygnus Publishing, Cygnus Expositions, Cygnus Interactive and Cygnus Custom Marketing - provide comprehensive, integrated advertising and marketing programs for Cygnus' valued customers and clients. The company's leading business publications, trade shows, conferences, Web sites, online products and custom marketing capabilities enhance brand identity, generate sales leads, and build product awareness as they strengthen customer/client relationships.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Administrator

Default The webteam speaks!

Hi all,
    It sounds like everyone is pretty frustrated, and I can understand why. Our office has been pretty short staffed for the last couple of months. I apologize for the lack of response to your emails and posts.

I am a new member of the "webteam" and I'm working on addressing the problems you have mentioned. From first glance I'm not sure why we are having problems with posting and time stamps but I am going to contact our web services team to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for your patience. I'll post another update as soon as this is all resolved.

Sarah
    Firehouse.com

Administrator

Default An update

Hello all,
    It seems that there is a problem with the server that hosts our forums. We are hoping to have problems resovled by this afternoon at the latest. Thanks again for your patience!

Sarah
    Firehouse.com

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Thanks for the update, Sarah.

Welcome to FH.

*passes Sarah the Tylenol* because you're going to need it!

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by webteam
    Hello all,
    It seems that there is a problem with the server that hosts our forums. We are hoping to have problems resovled by this afternoon at the latest. Thanks again for your patience!

Sarah
    Firehouse.com
    Thank you!
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

I think something stronger like oxycotin would be more helpful for what has been going on here. Sarah, you have your work cut out for you. To put it simply, you have stepped into maybe 5 years worth of problems that have been festering and getting worse with no attempt made to resolve them. Best of luck. I've offered suggestions and reported problems for 5 years and so have many many others. They all fall on deaf ears if anyone even reads them.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Tylenol is on recall last I heard for pieces of metal being found in it. Give me Lortab.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Lightbulb

Well...call off the SAR teams. Actually, I was ready to contact the coroner's office about the webteam. I was afraid there was no pulse.

Thank you Sarah. It is wonderful to hear from someone...and hear positive news. Bless you!
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

I actually prefer Advil over Tylenol. Haven't heard of Lortab.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

After the one time I had to take Oxycodone for a back injury, I determined it works great but use of any longer than a week would leave me an adict.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire
    After the one time I had to take Oxycodone for a back injury, I determined it works great but use of any longer than a week would leave me an adict.
    That's good stuff. I was on percocet for two weeks last month after surgery. I asked the doctor to switch me to something a little less potent. The percocets worked a little too good.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEMVFD
    Tylenol is on recall last I heard for pieces of metal being found in it. Give me Lortab.
    It's only generic store brand tylenol, not the namebrand stuff.
    Fir Na Tine
    Fir Na Au Saol

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Sarah forgot to lock the door when she left.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Thread Information