Forum Member

Talking Hi from Louisville KY

I guess I'm going to start my paragraph by saying just about what everyone else said.

Hello, all. As most of you know from me saying Hi, I am new to the forums here on Firehouse.com. I have been a member here for quite some time now, since I subscribed to Firehouse Mag in July of this year.

Well, My name is Sarah Warner 20 yrs old, and I live in the Louisville Metro area of Kentucky, but I am not from this area. I just moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to look for working oprotunities, one of them with the LFD; in which I am very dissapointed to say that I can forget about, due to the fact that I didn't pass the Written test and can not take it again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hi Sarah

Hi Sarah, we are just north of you, in Clermont County, Ohio which is east of Cincinnati. I'm sorry about the Louisville written test. But, there are lots of other places so don't give up!! If this is your dream then stick with it, keep trying, and it will come true.

My husband and I are both volunteer FF's and love it, love it, love it.

Maybe you can take a refresher class in a different area, study that book, and take the test there. LFD sounds very strict. Here in Ohio you can take the state test 3 times.

Best of luck to you!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hello Sara, When was your Test?

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by SarTheRRGurl316
    I guess I'm going to start my paragraph by saying just about what everyone else said.

Hello, all. As most of you know from me saying Hi, I am new to the forums here on Firehouse.com. I have been a member here for quite some time now, since I subscribed to Firehouse Mag in July of this year.

Well, My name is Sarah Warner 20 yrs old, and I live in the Louisville Metro area of Kentucky, but I am not from this area. I just moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to look for working oprotunities, one of them with the LFD; in which I am very dissapointed to say that I can forget about, due to the fact that I didn't pass the Written test and can not take it again.
    Sarah do you know when the rule of only taking the test one time, started. I was on the last list and they had a hiring freeze.

firefighter

Default Hey sarh

I am from ashland ky im on east fork hows things in the fire world in the vill

firefighter

Default hey keep your head up

Quote Originally Posted by SarTheRRGurl316

keep trying dont give up you can do any thing something that helped me .they make a book how to study for the fire exsam you can get it at borders or of of firehouse keep on fighten the fight we need more women in the fire service
    shawn steed

Forum Member

Smile

Hey Sarah! Sry bout the test, but there's more opportunities out there for ya! My girlfriend's a FF down in McMinnville, TN and maybe she can give ya a few hits or so!!! She knows that area well!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hi

Hey guys, I too am new to the forum. I am not currently a firefighter, but dream of being one in Louisville, KY. I hope and pray they start accepting applications soon, I'm dying to get a shot...

Thread Information